Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 05:44 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
I also don't like the concept that a cup out of all things would send people to the hospital. it's bad enough we have coffee that revives people. I think it should be something else, not a "death cup"
The idea behind it is that you're being poisoned
Old 05-31-2009, 05:46 AM
Goliath Online.
Aldaris is an unknown quantity at this point
Why have Bounty Hunter guns been multiplied in price by about 10 fold?
Old 05-31-2009, 06:24 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
Why have Bounty Hunter guns been multiplied in price by about 10 fold?
No idea, they were nerfed and un-taglocked.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:48 AM
Goliath Online.
Aldaris is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
No idea, they were nerfed and un-taglocked.
Anyways, good updates; Era actually seems refreshed, in a way.

I just hope that more customizable options are available for future use.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:47 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
Anyways, good updates; Era actually seems refreshed, in a way.

I just hope that more customizable options are available for future use.
Like what?
Old 05-31-2009, 10:20 AM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Good damnit, these are awesome updates.
Maybe I really underestaminated the current management, eh
Old 05-31-2009, 01:33 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
Too bad you can't see them >.> lol

But yah, the updates are pretty cool. The mall already died, though.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:11 PM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
Great updates,but really you just delete ppa since bounties can be placed bon anyone and killed by anyone,I mean really you can just get your friends to protect you for free.

Other than that everything is awesome.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:04 PM
Thanatoses is an unknown quantity at this point
This thing won't allow me more than one sentence responses.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:06 PM
Dark_Zeratul101 is on a distinguished road
This is actually pretty nice.
There should still be a reset though.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:22 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatoses View Post
This thing won't allow me more than one sentence responses.
Are you using the percent sign? if so, this forums doesnt allow certian users to post that sign for some reason. (remove em)
Old 05-31-2009, 06:07 PM
Thanatoses is an unknown quantity at this point
Hm, yeah... thats what it was.

Anyways, these updates, although not seen personally yet, look to be minimal and long overdue, doubt it should've taken over 4 months into the Administration to produce updates of this small significance. That being said, I do want to touch on one main so called, update.

Bounty Hunter updates, although not seen personally look to require the spawning of money into the economy to randomly place bounties, if not yet... it will. For obvious reasons.

Bounty Hunter's removal was most likely done blindly to get to me. In any event, its deletion was a preventable disservice and existance would've been more than of great asset to the publicized system.
Bounty Hunter (Updated System with raid contracts included) could've had two main impacts on the publicized system.

Bounty Hunter at peak service made 100-200,000$ a week.
At minimal service made 4-10,000$ a week. By having taxes 50 percent or higher, you could've more than had the sufficient funds to supply the publicized system. You'd have maintained the originality of the business as well as installed a new aspect to it.

Secondly, the top 10 public hunters could challenge the "Bounty Hunter" private business each week to see who controls the private business, which would have promoted competition like no other.

Also, I'm curious, despite the obvious vandetta, if a "public" bounty hunter system was so much needed, whats stopping a "private" ppa one? Some might say because you built their system and are reluctant to have your work undone by your own so-called logic.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Like I've said, I have been busy lately to log on, so I have not seen the updates firsthand, I without doubt believe there's more flaws, but from fisthand analysis, thats the main one I see.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
So correct me if i'm wrong Wil but your idea is to allow a public system and a private business system? So they would compete with eachother to see who would control the private buisness? Kind of an expansion on it but what if either introduced a way to setup groups of bounty hunters (You and whoever else in your group that collect bounties get added to a score chart) or count bounties of parties, Then maybe each few weeks or something the group thats had the most bounty kills gets some perk of some kind like a bit more money, or like Wil said they get the private buisness for a couple weeks until another group rivals or beats them? I probably didn't describe my idea clear enough and it would be abuseable but if its not clear enough I will try to explain in a little bit. (Just got back I haven't even logged on to check out the updates yet I will do so now)

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:20 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatoses View Post
Anyways, these updates, although not seen personally yet, look to be minimal and long overdue, doubt it should've taken over 4 months into the Administration to produce updates of this small significance. That being said, I do want to touch on one main so called, update.
One thing I love about you is that you can be negative about absolutely everything. We could restore Era's economy, making PKing fun again, and solve all of Era's problems, and you'd complain that the grass was too green and we ought to fire all our graphic artists because of this obvious flaw.
Quote:
Bounty Hunter updates, although not seen personally look to require the spawning of money into the economy to randomly place bounties, if not yet... it will. For obvious reasons.
No, they will not. I don't think you understand the system. If at any point we do add NPC-placed bounties, we would simply use tax money gained from regular bounties.
Quote:
Bounty Hunter's removal was most likely done blindly to get to me.
No, it was not. Stop being so self-centered.
Quote:
In any event, its deletion was a preventable disservice and existance would've been more than of great asset to the publicized system.
I can hardly tell what you're trying to say, work on your grammer

From what I can tell, you said "In any event, the old Bounty Hunter would have been a greater asset to Era then the publicized system is".

I don't think so, though this is just my opinion of course. Bounty Hunter was rarely being used before, and there was no reason to believe it was suddenly going to be used.
Quote:
Bounty Hunter (Updated System with raid contracts included) could've had two main impacts on the publicized system.
PPA does this, and they hardly have any business (as you've pointed out dozens of times). I don't see why this would work out any better for Bounty Hunter.
Quote:
Bounty Hunter at peak service made 100-200,000$ a week.
At minimal service made 4-10,000$ a week. By having taxes 50 percent or higher, you could've more than had the sufficient funds to supply the publicized system. You'd have maintained the originality of the business as well as installed a new aspect to it.
Uh.... what? I added a counter for the last two weeks it was in existance. Less then $5,000 for the two weeks combined.
Quote:
Secondly, the top 10 public hunters could challenge the "Bounty Hunter" private business each week to see who controls the private business, which would have promoted competition like no other.
No one said you had to get rid of Bounty Hunters. Buy a house, get a safe put in it, start a "Bounty Hunter" Party, and then go up to the Bounty Hunter sewers and accept bounties. People would still crave to be in your party, as you've said, and your Bounty Hunters can deposit the money they make in your safe. Just like a business, eh? You could even use your old business guns, which have not been deleted.

It would be no different if the business were to be left.
Quote:
Also, I'm curious, despite the obvious vandetta, if a "public" bounty hunter system was so much needed, whats stopping a "private" ppa one? Some might say because you built their system and are reluctant to have your work undone by your own so-called logic.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
What do you mean, what's stopping a "private" PPA one? I'm pretty sure it is private. The problem with a public PPA system would be that you can't trust the protection you're hiring. They could just as soon be a bunch of noobs who accept it, and it'd be hard to control that kind of thing, whereas with Bounty Hunter, anyone can accept, and they are not directly protecting you; plus, they only get paid if they can make the kill, which would encourage them to actually do their job.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:27 PM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Okay but couldn't bounty kills by parties or some kind of bounty hunter group be counted and tracked?

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.