Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-19-2011, 01:32 AM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
They can't release the Graal 3D engine to developers to develop?
They could, but I guess they want to make a server themselves first to bad it failed

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:05 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
They could, but I guess they want to make a server themselves first to bad it failed
I think you're right, they wanted it first, then possibly add it for more pay of the server owner in the future to make more money.. Then again since I have no clue what the Graal owners are doing, they could be trying to redevelop it in the future indefinitely?

Either way it isn't in my mind right now, but would be neat to do in the future.

Can't post any pictures today, been trying to pack up a bit but sadly procrastinating greatly.. There are hangers everywhere :'[

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-19-2011, 02:20 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
You can not build a true 3d server on graal. due ya u can get files to upload get around it but then doesnt matter if u have 3d buildings u cant go around them ect due the camera wont move. you might be limited on what u can do with the scripthing goes theres no physics engine so u really have to do all the math in your head ect.
Graal 3d engine yes there was one u could build it but doesnt exist no more. saying with the buildings
u cant see all views of objects. the 3d thing it shows was a block or a car spinning in the air big whooop. ect with a rock how u suppose to c all sides of it in the level or houses or cliffs ect
Old 04-19-2011, 02:43 AM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
You can not build a true 3d server on graal. due ya u can get files to upload get around it but then doesnt matter if u have 3d buildings u cant go around them ect due the camera wont move. you might be limited on what u can do with the scripthing goes theres no physics engine so u really have to do all the math in your head ect.
Graal 3d engine yes there was one u could build it but doesnt exist no more. saying with the buildings
u cant see all views of objects. the 3d thing it shows was a block or a car spinning in the air big whooop. ect with a rock how u suppose to c all sides of it in the level or houses or cliffs ect
You wouldn't ^.^;
I was more thinking of 3D visuals, 3D house, the game it self would be 2.5D
But I'm thinking most of the things will be images rather then tileset besides the ground.. a fance might use setimg2 nonblock, nonblock, block,block and so.. same with the house.. only the ground area would block the ground being estimated where the house would stop.. so you could go behind the house, but yeah.. you wouldn't see the sides of the house.

Some houses can face up, down, diagonal "I really hate how people on Graal only do houses with the doors facing down, just because you only see one direction doesn't mean all doors have to be seen". But basically the graphics would be 3D visuals and the game it self would be 2.5D.

As for the car.. you could do a gani for that.. create an image template with the car flipping at different angles, have 1-4 ganis to have 4 directions the car would flip.. possibly have the images random via attributes and set the attributes at random.. Sure it wouldn't be exactly 3D but would give the same effect somewhat.. Like you said, we can only try to get around the limitations ^.^;

I was thinking having 8 directions for the images, and having the images change depending on the direction the player is looking.. but that may be odd.. lol haven't test it.. only a thought and I don't think it would work.. D:

I'm thinking all of my npcs should be blank and join classes anyway.. like the bush... I want it to have four directions depending the way the player carries it, and it to appear a random direction.. I'd have to think more on it when I get to it.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-19-2011, 08:14 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
but then ur making a 2.5d u said 3d thats why i said u cant make a 3d with the current graal level editor ect unless theres some ways to change the camera view even then good luck on the physics withouth a physics editor engine
Old 04-19-2011, 11:24 AM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rave_J View Post
but then ur making a 2.5d u said 3d thats why i said u cant make a 3d with the current graal level editor ect unless theres some ways to change the camera view even then good luck on the physics withouth a physics editor engine
O: In my eyes, 3D server is a server with 3D Visuals for Graal.. since I have not seen a 3D Graal, I won't think otherwise lol.. so if I do say 3D, you'll kinda have to assume I mean 2.5D.... D:

Anyway, uploading a house that I will work on and change the picture later.. a blue hut... lmao It won't be as dark.. didn't have time to do the lighting or more details.. 5:00 :'[ tired.

>.> It wouldn't let me edit the first post anymore.

Blue Hut House ... or an arabic type of architecture ... kinda like Aladdin I guess lol.. I kinda like the size right now.. going to make it slightly smaller though. Anyway, it needs work, more details and the lighting I didn't have time to do so it is pretty dark. I'll work on it more today.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
That looks like a fancy as hell cat house(or litterbox)

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:46 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
I can't sleep.. don't drink water mixed with energy powdery stuff only because you are thirsty before going to sleep. >.> I mean I can drink coffee or soda before sleeping, but either that, or my thoughts of the soon server attempt is keeping me up. I have a lot of work to do.. I think I'll start making 'concepts' and start a server thread. ... eventually.

Anyway, I'll take that as a compliment, thank you. =]

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-19-2011, 02:50 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
I'm now sleeping in there!
Old 04-19-2011, 03:01 PM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
You can technically do 3D with the current engine. You can use tons of showimgs for 3D objects and have a special var that you can use to rotate these objects.
( The whole theory that, you don't move around in space, but space moves around you. :P)
Only thing is that it may lag some, if a high poly count is used. Also, may have to force openGL mode.

Also, a .3DS file is 3D model file made from Autodesk 3Ds Max. I have a free student copy I mess with sometimes.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:43 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
I'm now sleeping in there!
Haha, alright you got it. Let me finish it first, might be hard to wake up without windows, and could be breezy without a door... :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
You can technically do 3D with the current engine. You can use tons of showimgs for 3D objects and have a special var that you can use to rotate these objects.
( The whole theory that, you don't move around in space, but space moves around you. :P)
Only thing is that it may lag some, if a high poly count is used. Also, may have to force openGL mode.

Also, a .3DS file is 3D model file made from Autodesk 3Ds Max. I have a free student copy I mess with sometimes.
Oh I see.. and I was thinking something similar where as depending which direction you look, or where you are the things would 'turn' but thinking more about it, I wasn't sure if it would look right or which one would be better.. I'd have to think more about it... I don't know anything about openGL mode though.. D:

Also, I took a screenie of everything that it could be saved as.. I'm unfamiliar with most of the movie ones, but I am use to saving as a Quicktime or AviRaw for videos.. idk if there is another way to save it lol..

Anyway, I have a small beta version of the person:

Honestly, I kind of want him a tile bigger and wider... right now he is 48x80.
And yes, he does have abs. D:

Any better than my last? lol Attempted low-poly and 'cutsie'.

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-19-2011, 04:15 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Having experience from actually developing on a Graal3D server I will say that it requires alot of experience in terms of math (geometry, vectors, trigonometry atleast) and physics (movement, gravity, forces (if you want to do more advanced stuff)) if you're going to code atleast.

The main difference between a 3D server and a normal 2D server is the framerate it runs at. G3D has a framerate of 60FPS and G2D runs at 20FPS. In terms of scripting this gives you more room to do more executions per second on a G3D server.

Big difference between developing 3D and 2D, just pointing it out. It also requires a lot more work in terms of creating levels, 3D modeling (animations, mesh, textures, etc) and scripting.

I wouldn't recommend it, unless you have the experience and dedication to challenge yourself. Should also find someone that can help you as a mentor, i.e., someone who has experience and can lead you in the right path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
FF Tactics Iso-Server plz
Funny, I actually started on an engine that worked like FFTactics a long time ago. Non-iso though.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:41 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy View Post
Having experience from actually developing on a Graal3D server I will say that it requires alot of experience in terms of math (geometry, vectors, trigonometry atleast) and physics (movement, gravity, forces (if you want to do more advanced stuff)) if you're going to code atleast.

The main difference between a 3D server and a normal 2D server is the framerate it runs at. G3D has a framerate of 60FPS and G2D runs at 20FPS. In terms of scripting this gives you more room to do more executions per second on a G3D server.

Big difference between developing 3D and 2D, just pointing it out. It also requires a lot more work in terms of creating levels, 3D modeling (animations, mesh, textures, etc) and scripting.

I wouldn't recommend it, unless you have the experience and dedication to challenge yourself. Should also find someone that can help you as a mentor, i.e., someone who has experience and can lead you in the right path.

Funny, I actually started on an engine that worked like FFTactics a long time ago. Non-iso though.
D: 2.5D, the visuals are 3D so I am calling it 3D.. it seems like I should have stated 2.5D in the title, and said 3D here knowing it was stated correctly at the start lol.. as for the 3D modeling, animating, knowing what the mesh, textures, and such are.. excluding I'm not that great at lighting, I can do lol.. I haven't touched the gaming system though.. Can't say I can use the new interface of the program either, but I'm definitely trying.

So far, I'm only thinking 8 directions movement, body and head images "since originally I was thinking body, head, leg(s), arm(s) and was upset with the 48 images a pose and didn't know how I'd redo it all with clothing", setimg2 for graphics, and almost all the things would be graphics.. I think that is basically what Graal Kingdoms does, if not oh well.

I wish I could create a complex movement system like Classic, but I can't even think of having less than a tile block.. like a corner of a tile or something x.x; But I'm trying to get it all right, I'm thinking with tile arrays I can pick which tiles I want to block and not block anyway.. May not even matter if they are type0 or type1 if I'm disabling defmovement lol...

Anyway, I'd love to list more about the idea of the server.. but those who don't want to help will have to wait until I have concept images and a new server thread. Until then... stuck with the beta images of it.

Also, I've taken geometry and trig.. but I have absolutely no clue about them now.. a little suggestion to the younger crowd, math is good.. keep refreshing your self. D:

I actually found out I didn't need trig the semester after when I switched from Computer Science to Fine Arts lol.. But I'm glad I took it.. I think D: seeing as I don't remember it, it doesn't really matter does it? :/

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-19-2011, 06:27 PM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Quote:
yes it can, I have recently scripted a 3D obj on my server ( .3ds file) and it works fine.

@Devil_Lord2
If you ever need script help let me know, Im in for helping.
Whoever neg rep'd me for this, has an invalid argument... I have and currently am using a 3D obj on my server... 3D is possible... Also, why are you people afraid to leave a name when you neg rep someone... I leave my name regardless of pos/neg rep. Jerk...
Old 04-19-2011, 06:42 PM
David K?
Quote:
Whoever neg rep'd me for this, has an invalid argument... I have and currently am using a 3D obj on my server... 3D is possible... Also, why are you people afraid to leave a name when you neg rep someone... I leave my name regardless of pos/neg rep. Jerk...
Eh, people neg rep me on things all the time, I don't know what it would end up doing, but I'm not worried about rep. I've read the rules and regulations in the past and haven't seen anything about rep. I've been neg repped because
someone was too lazy to see if my type1 tile template worked, and said it was a fake because no one else decided to do the tests I have. I've been positive repped after someone said they basically hated me. And I have been neutrally repped after someone told me I smelled bad. As far as I'm concerned rep doesn't mean much, and I'm going to continue to rep people I see helping others, and neg rep people who flame / bully others telling them they are horrible or whatever. It just makes you feel better I guess lol..

But yeah, it may not be a good idea to hang around me in the forum lol.. It's been I guess two weeks, and I've had close to 20 points, and most of my bad reps were for no good reasons, and a few good reps also for hate reasons. It kind of made me laugh.. anyway, probably a better idea to talk via PM. I also leave my name on all my reps, if they weren't good reasons I wouldn't leave a rep. x.x;

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz