Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Were they really that great, or are you just drunk with nostalgia?
Graal the Adventure definitely was, but so were servers like Rudora (although the majority would disagree with me) and Maloria. When Maloria went off, Graal personally died for me, but I'm still here trying to revive it, and I'll be damned to learn Resurrection Rank 6 just to be able to do it sooner or later.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 12-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
thesmoothcriminal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
I agree with xXZiroXx on this one. We should be trying to complete our projects rather than moaning.
Me too. I wish CJ would work with us not againist us.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
I miss Shaded Legend, it's staff may have given up on it but it was still fun.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
God I love you
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim_squeaker_x View Post
uh?
This is obviously spam. So why does Sam ignore this stuff, but delete other posters' posts simply for not agreeing with him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
I agree with xXZiroXx on this one. We should be trying to complete our projects rather than moaning.
I think we can all agree on this one. Except I don't develop, so I'd hate to tell you all to do your damn work instead of complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Graal the Adventure definitely was, but so were servers like Rudora (although the majority would disagree with me) and Maloria. When Maloria went off, Graal personally died for me, but I'm still here trying to revive it, and I'll be damned to learn Resurrection Rank 6 just to be able to do it sooner or later.
I think the numbers accurately represent opinions. I was never into your server much, sorry, but wasn't the playercount usually lower than servers like N-Pulse (before UN came in and stole the show), or UN (after it stole the show from NP), and Graal the Adventure before... well, I don't really know what caused that server to lose players, but let's just say... before that happened. Anyways, the dominant servers likely succeed because they have something to suck you into the gameplay early enough and keep you there. Sounds simple enough, right? Well, sometimes this doesn't happen. Sometimes you have to dig a little deeper to find awesomeness. So maybe that's why some servers keep a stable playercount, but don't reach the big numbers like the other ones. I'm guessing yours was one of those... ?

This is also to answer PoJo's question; yes, they were that great, at least the big names. The smaller names... maybe just depends on your preference.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:53 PM
De Phet
XdNemesisXd is on a distinguished road
Playerworld servers is what makes Graal. Graal the Adventure was great and I thought Graal was great but everyone moans and the reason Graal is dying is because stubid updates. All updates I think have pushed alot of people away. Bomy Island has been in production for ever. Era, and UN if they ever go into there own game Graal willl be luckey to have a playercount 150+. There used to be servers that had like 200+ sometimes. Thoose were the fun times and everyone knew eachother. Know there is only like 300 people on and people just do whatever. The people who stayed with Graal are not always the lovers. I know people who loved Graal and the quit. When Graal The Advneture left I was like wow are you kidding me good bye Graal then I quit and came back to find out we have Graal##### for account names. I used to play when ym cousin showed this game and yes it was fun way back then. I came to realize this when there are about 50 post about how to make Graal better but none of them taken into conceration to Stefan and the rest of the Graal owners. Honstly how long has Bomy been being made?????? Relesse it please or relsse a beta so wwe can try it

Last edited by XdNemesisXd; 12-03-2008 at 11:10 PM..
Old 12-04-2008, 12:23 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmoothcriminal View Post
Me too. I wish CJ would work with us not againist us.
What do you mean by that?
Old 12-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziro_of_the_Turks View Post
I think the numbers accurately represent opinions. I was never into your server much, sorry, but wasn't the playercount usually lower than servers like N-Pulse (before UN came in and stole the show), or UN (after it stole the show from NP), and Graal the Adventure before... well, I don't really know what caused that server to lose players, but let's just say... before that happened. Anyways, the dominant servers likely succeed because they have something to suck you into the gameplay early enough and keep you there. Sounds simple enough, right? Well, sometimes this doesn't happen. Sometimes you have to dig a little deeper to find awesomeness. So maybe that's why some servers keep a stable playercount, but don't reach the big numbers like the other ones. I'm guessing yours was one of those... ?
Maloria v2 (2004-2005) was always at the top 3, fighting with UN and Era about the playercount, until we ruined the server by competing about who could release the best updates. I can't say about v1, because I wasn't into Maloria at the time.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 12-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
What do you mean by that?
Well theres proof you guys read the forums but then why dont you respond to our concerns?

Theres plenty of valid points raised that you may have or may have not read but if your truly concerned (and i hope you are) then you need go through the many threads addressing the concerns of players towards CJ.

I really cant do everyone who posted issues justice but one thing that we would all like to see is our concerns and issues acknowledged and responded to. Maybe a weekly developers blog? a future plan for us to see? an FAQ for common criticisms of graal/CJ and why the decisions were made so we can understand.

This may sound like alot but if you want players to invest money and their time into graal then i think we should deserve some of this.
Communication between you guys and the player population is one thing i (and others) would like to see more of.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmoothcriminal View Post
Communication between you guys and the player population is one thing i (and others) would like to see more of.
Agreed.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
It is the communities fault for what state graal is in now.
Don't blame CJ for not doing anything.
CJ is no gameforge, its a company for hosting purposes, not game development.

Stefan made the graalengine so that you guys can develop your own stuff, which is so awesome in my opinion, it helped me so much in my career you can't believe it, even tho I payed like over 700$ in the time I've been playing graal, it was totally worth it.
To whoever said that CJ has to get paid developers...can you imagine how much a developer is for 1 month? Too much,
for a rather small company like CJ. And you don't need to have paid developers if you have dedicated developers
that do work for free sometimes (like me). I only charge money off people outside of graal like companies or w/e, but not inside of graal,
because it's fun and I'm paying back what I got from it, more or less.

Also, referring to the communication issue between CJ and the Community...I don't know another game that has
excellent contact to the staff of a Game like Graal has, you can contact any of the Staffs and get a response after
1 day or less, when I used to have contact to Blizzard I had to wait a few days to get a response. Anyways, it's bad to compary Blizzard with CJ...
What I'm trying to say is, don't just blame CJ (god I talk so much nonsense!)
And CJ isn't working against you...if you want to contribute your skills and influence the games and other stuff,
why not just apply, show your skills if you are good enough.

You can't imagine how sad I was when the Graal 3D project was cancelled, more or less, just because there were no people around that could constantly create nice models =/...Stefan is doing so much for us but even he is limited

This thread is so stupid, someone delete it please -_-

Last edited by Elk; 12-04-2008 at 01:43 PM..
Old 12-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
It is the communities fault for what state graal is in now.
Don't blame CJ for not doing anything.
CJ is no gameforge, its a company for hosting purposes, not game development.
Ill respectfully disagree that its the communities fault that graal has a low player count. The engine is good, its Business skills not as good.

My view is that people are paying for both a server and engine to develop that server. As much as i love you Elk, CJ is a development company

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.cyberjoueurs.com/
Cyberjoueurs is a game development company devoted to bringing multi-player games, platforms and tools to server the internet, set-top box, game console and portable device markets. We have more than 5 years experience developing RP and massively multiplayer games, and have developed solutions for ©Windows NT, LINUX, Java and ©Nintendo platforms.
Quote:
Stefan made the graalengine so that you guys can develop your own stuff, which is so awesome in my opinion, it helped me so much in my career you can't believe it, even tho I payed like over 700$ in the time I've been playing graal, it was totally worth it.
I do agree, it is great platform for development (the engine itself) but it is also a mmorpg and has a duty to those who pay for it like you.

Quote:
Also, referring to the communication issue between CJ and the Community...I don't know another game that has
excellent contact to the staff of a Game like Graal has, you can contact any of the Staffs and get a response after
1 day or less, when I used to have contact to Blizzard I had to wait a few days to get a response. Anyways, it's bad to compary Blizzard with CJ...
What I'm trying to say is, don't just blame CJ (god I talk so much nonsense!)
If you believe that then why do our issues go unheard? (or atleast unresponded to)

What is great about graal is that it isnt like other games, its small close community, why should it have to conform to the norm that players and staff dont communicate. Players/developers have a stake in graal, unlike most other mmorpgs, and therefore should be entitled to communication. If we pay to develop for graal shouldnt we have our concerns answered?

Quote:
And CJ isn't working against you...if you want to contribute your skills and influence the games and other stuff,
why not just apply, show your skills if you are good enough.
CJ can be seen as working against players/developers. Bad business decisions and lack of communication are my examples.

I would love to contribute, I have a double major in Business Management that i would kill to apply it to graal but i doubt CJ has much interest in that.

Quote:
This thread is so stupid, someone delete it please -_-
Well i think alot of players have legitimate concerns about whats happening with the game, especially those developing who have the right to inquire.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
I don't know what degrees unixmad has but you can always give him advice about game development/management stuff...
He's pretty open to new stuff, but don't ever tell him to do something forcefully...don't want to state why

Old 12-04-2008, 05:20 PM
Banned
Dean will become famous soon enough
There we have a prime example of what causes most of the problems in Graal. People like Elk who really haven't got a clue, people who feel the need to give uneducated support for nothing more than recognition and other ulterior motives. You're the one who is causing the problems, because you really haven't got a clue but Stefan and Unixmad listen to you, because nobody likes to know they're doing wrong. It's not the community that is contributing to the problem, in fact they are the ones that are keeping this show running.

Graal was never intended to be a development platform or host and to say otherwise is just embarrassing. Back in the day when all we had was Classic, the level editor provided a way for the community to contribute, produce personal levels such as housing, and allow people to share their creations and creativity. The user-generated content was never intended to become a dependency for the game servers to progress, but it did. Graal is marketed as a game, not a development platform or hosting company.

Elk you really have contributed little to the game compared to most people, and those people that did contribute a huge portion of what makes the game semi-successful today have similar feelings to the majority of people in this thread. Perhaps that is because they're honest about the circumstances that both the community and developers are having to put up with these days, not saying what Stefan or Unixmad want to hear in order to worm their way into some kind of position. People like Antago, Konidias, Tyhm never had to do such things. The development for Graal was honest, the ideas were produced and the game grew. If there was a bad idea thrown into the mix, the community spoke about it, and the developers responded much like in every successful online game, but this no longer happens. In that respect the communication between administration, developer and playerbase is lost, yet you seem to think it is about talking to Stefan? Personally I don't think most people really care for that.

Stop sucking up because it encourages the horrible direction we are going in now, and if it does continue then the playercount is going to dry up fast. It is really not hard to see that the direction that Graal is heading in is not a positive one, and there is many opportunities to fix this but whether it will be is another thing. The players are not trying to promote some kind of bad aura on the forums, they are showing concern for a game that they play and so they should.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
As if you knew me

Old 12-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Banned
Dean will become famous soon enough
Quote:
As if you knew me
Heh, let's see if someone credible can prove me wrong.
Closed Thread