Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-09-2010, 04:23 AM
IzariusRyudo is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I think sage made a good choice on joining the Mafia Life Team, if he didn't we wouldn't be where we are today. This forum post wouldn't exist, and the excitement for this server wouldn't be around, without sage. So I congratulate Sage, on being the Developer for ML, and bringing Mafia Life, to Life.

Thank you Sage.

Now, I thank all of you "fans" who are seriously helping us out, by sending us YOUR ideas, and YOUR support by giving positive feedback.

Thank you Fans.

- ML Team
Old 07-09-2010, 04:32 AM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzariusRyudo View Post
Well, I think sage made a good choice on joining the Mafia Life Team, if he didn't we wouldn't be where we are today. This forum post wouldn't exist, and the excitement for this server wouldn't be around, without sage. So I congratulate Sage, on being the Developer for ML, and bringing Mafia Life, to Life.

Thank you Sage.

Now, I thank all of you "fans" who are seriously helping us out, by sending us YOUR ideas, and YOUR support by giving positive feedback.

Thank you Fans.

- ML Team
Just advice on someone you've only worked with for a very short time. I can see what Chris means when he says dont be an ass. Maybe some of us just read what you say in a different tone, but it sure seems it should be in the tone im reading it at.

Edit: I also appreciate Sage's work hes done for me and Decus. Just saying, hes supposed to be an admin on Armageddon for the last month or so.
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 07-09-2010, 05:12 AM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssssss View Post
Dude, you're supposed to be an admin on armageddon and rarely log on at all after about a week or two of joining up. -_-
Happened last time too. I can only vouch for what Supaman771 says.
I know you can talk about "track records" with me too, but I've explained personally to you irl problems that get in the way.
Well considering that I've already explained the situation to Decus about what was happening with me being the Admin, what you're saying doesn't really come into play. I never said anything about irl problems getting in the way, although there have been minor things that have been preventing to get on as much as I want to, that isn't the issue. So if you want to talking about me "being the admin", you should talk to Decus. I have a priority with Mafia Life which I am going to fulfill before I work with you guys again. And you can't say anything about the past because I did a ****load of work for you guys regardless of what you say. =/
Old 07-09-2010, 06:22 AM
Registered Space Pirate
Chakrah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Chakrah Send a message via MSN to Chakrah
what about goat horns

Chakrah Rain (BTK)
Old 07-09-2010, 07:47 AM
For the people who don't like the bodies...Do you like these???

*NOTE: For best results, please login and view yourself.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:16 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Those are probably the best custom bodies I've seen on Graal (although there isn't much competition...Atrius bodies, lol). You'll need to make the walk animation (and other defaults ones like pull) before it's clear how they'll actually look in-game, though.

(tip: use PNG instead of JPG for screenshots for lossless quality—your screenshots look grainy now)

Old 07-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
I told him that online too a couple days ago chris lol.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Registered Space Pirate
Chakrah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Chakrah Send a message via MSN to Chakrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post

buzz killington on the right, anyone else see it?

Chakrah Rain (BTK)
Old 07-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Babylon OG
Lord Sephiroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lord Sephiroth
I love the look of the server, the graphics and such, but the overall premise I'm not so fond of.

To me it sounds like you're trying to create your own Game on Graal, rather than creating your own piece of Graal. I read through it once, and I'm willing to believe I missed the overall point, but I think the main aspects of your server, unless they are strictly enforced, will eventually fall apart and the whole server will disolve into people killing people with guns, just like Era.

That's kind of the whole concept behind the whole "Oh it's another Era." It's not that people are making the same server, it's just that no one remembers that you're developing on Graal. We have an EXTREMELY small player base, which is limited even more by by who your target playerbase is, that doesn't have the focus to follow family guidelines or collecting from stores or stuff like that.

Same concept as to why Role Playing on this game doesn't work anymore. People won't follow guidelines if there's an easier way around them, and if you enforce guidelines, people move away.

It's easy to say that your server looks pretty and sounds interesting, it's a whole other story when it comes to what's reasonably expected out of it.

I wish you guys the best of luck, and honestly I do hope it works out, but I'm just not optimistic that a server like this could be overly successful over a decent period of time, and my opinion is unfortunately helped by history.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
This server looks quite promising, and I really wish for you guys and the whole graal community that it succeeds.
You've done a great job so far, just keep going!
Old 07-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
For the people who don't like the bodies...Do you like these???
I don't because the characters (especially the head) aren't contrasting well with the tiles, and have pretty terrible shading if I'm honest. Trying to do something different (such as the absence of outlining) is great and all, but it just isn't working here. The default body and head styles are way more appropriate for the setting; why not just take them, tweak them a little, and base your FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE body system around it? Think long-bodied 2k1 with changeable pieces.

Last edited by Rufus; 07-09-2010 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: Clarifying.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I don't because the characters (especially the head) aren't contrasting well with the tiles, and have pretty terrible shading if I'm honest. Trying to do something different (such as the absence of outlining) is great and all, but it just isn't working here. The default body and head styles are way more appropriate for the setting; why not just take them, tweak them a little, and base your FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE body system around it? Think long-bodied 2k1 with changeable pieces.
Haha, this is a great comment, because I FORGOT to mention (But I think I did in earlier posts)...Everything is interchangeable. You will be able to select MANY different combinations.

Eye Color/Style
Hair Color/Style
Clothing Types/Colors
Facial Features
Hats
Skin Color
And many more =]
Old 07-09-2010, 04:58 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Haha, this is a great comment, because I FORGOT to mention (But I think I did in earlier posts)...Everything is interchangeable. You will be able to select MANY different combinations.

Eye Color/Style
Hair Color/Style
Clothing Types/Colors
Facial Features
Hats
Skin Color
And many more =]
But all of this can be achieved with default heads/bodies too
Old 07-09-2010, 05:10 PM
But, in doing this it does give some sort of boundaries when it comes to "RP" for example, you won't see a blue fish walking around in a family called Zormite. =] No offense :P
Old 07-09-2010, 05:13 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
But, in doing this it does give some sort of boundaries when it comes to "RP" for example, you won't see a blue fish walking around in a family called Zormite. =] No offense :P
Val remedies this nicely by just saying "no you can't do that".