Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-04-2010, 08:48 AM
IzariusRyudo is an unknown quantity at this point
Mafia Life, live the life.

The staff of Mafia Life, Sage and Myself would like to announce the begining of the server everyone is talking about. Mafia Life.

-----------------------------------
We may be hiring, if you would like to talk to one of us, please use this contact info.
CONTACT INFO:
You can contact me, IzariusRyudo, on Mafia Life RC. or By email
[email protected]
You can contact sage, on Mafia Life RC, or by email
[email protected] (Without the - in between letters)
-----------------------------------

Now, for those of you who don't know what Mafia Life is, let me use this time now, to inform you.

ML is a server based in the 1930s, where you start the game in a city called Clear Water, it's a small oceanside city, with a nice port. Here you will learn the ways of the game, because it's our tutorial city. When finished in this island, you are sent to the main Gmap, we have not picked out a name yet, since we're probably going to do some sort of event, for players to pick the name.

This is where explaining the server gets hard, because of how much detail I can go into, and how much I should keep a secret, so I'll touch a couple spots.

Guilds/Clans:
These will be known as Families. Now, anyone can create a family, the only requirments are, to have atleast 2 other friends, in making the Family. On making a family, you will gain 100 Respect, per family member. Say 3 of you create a family, you now have 300 respect. Every Kill a member of you family gets +Respect, every death takes away from your respect. This will show whos family is powerful, it will also play a role on how much properties pay you, when you collect.

Capture:
You know how Mafias did it in the old days? Where they had to "Collect" from the store owners, and residents of their streets? Oh yeah, in ML you can collect from every buildings in the server. What this means is, you can "control" buildings. Take over different ones, gain profits through fear. But remember, any other family can come right in, and take it. So defend everything you own.

Residents: Say you're a Don of a family. You can capture Estates. In these estates you have a certain ammount of rooms, depending the size of the estate. Now, as the Don, you can Assign different rooms, to your members. Once a member has their room, they can lock/unlock it as they choose, and fully customize it. Swing by the local furniture store, and buy from a ton of different styles, and sizes of furniture. But again, remember, any family can come and try to take your property.

"Seiging" And how it works:
In Mafia life, there are three different kinds of buildings, or classes of buildings.

1. Nodes (I call them Nodes, I don't know an actual name for them yet)Nodes are the smallest of the buildings, and are able to be captured 24/7, by any family. A node for example can be a Warehouse, when you own this warehouse, it may give your family small perks, while under your control. Now to defend it from any attackers is pretty simple. When an Attacker enters your property of your Node, you will be notified, and so will the rest of your family.
While the attacker is in the base, a timer is counting down, to the Attackers side Capture point, when the Defender enters the building, the timer then stops, for the shootout. Depending on the victor, decides which way the timer goes, if the defenders are victorious, the timer slowly goes the other way, back to where it started, and continues if the attackers win.

2. Business:
A Business is a new style of ownership. When you own a business, you collect a decent ammount of money off of this property, for your family. Every family member gets a discount from this store, and the best part is, you can "Upgrade" the store. In this process, you spend family money, to give it upgrades, like another gunrack to sell a new gun. Now, to seige this from an enemy, is a little different from the Nodes.
Say you are the attacker this time. You go to the Business, and you lay seige, this will give the enemy a warning period, before the seige starts. When the warning period is over, the seige begins. Same way as the nodes are taken, you enter the building, and start the shootout. Whoever gets the timer, to the favoring side first, wins control of the business. There will be cooldowns on seiging the same business. For fairness reasons.

Last, but not least. Estates:
Estates will be taken over, the same way with the Business, but the warning period is a little longer. But a bonus to this, is when you lay seige to a Estate, the vault is then locked within the estate, so no money can be taken, or added. If the attacker is victorious, he wins the money within the vault, along with the estate itself.

I've already said a lot, but I do want to touch one other subject, which I think you guys will find interesting. We like to focus this server, around the players. So we added a very fun feature, to our server. You may know them as "Party Quests" We know them as "Orginized Crime"
now I'm not going into detail with this, but I'll give you a hint. You're the Don of your family, and you see the Cities Bank. Perform a heist my friends.

Anyway, this is little of what we have in store for you, in our new server. If you are a talented player, looking for some real work, here it is.

*NOTE: We also will be taking "Ideas" from you guys, the players. So if you have any 1930s/MafiaStyle idea you want to submit, please send it in a txt file to [email protected]
Please put as much detail into your idea as possible, because if we were to add it to our server, we don't want it to be wrong. Thanks guys for all of your support!

Thank you,
Mafia Life Staff

Mafia Life, live the life.

Screenies: Sorry, didn't save them as png, so they are kinda distorted. But feel free to login to see it yourself. Mafia Life
I'll also be adding more screenshots, throughout our dev time. Hopefully we will be open soon! =]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ML_Day.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	51318   Click image for larger version

Name:	ML_Night.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	51319  

Last edited by IzariusRyudo; 07-05-2010 at 04:20 AM..
Old 07-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Sounds cool, wish you all good luck.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
I really like those tiles, and the server concept sounds quite original and interesting.

Good luck in finding what you need!
Old 07-04-2010, 02:26 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
As I said ingame, only problem I have is the building tiles. They look bad and aren't in proportion to everything else.

Other than that it sounds like a promising server, and bashing the boxes open was quite fun.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:31 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
it seems like the images and the grass don't match with the theme of the server at all.

it's all nice though
Old 07-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Sorry, had to edit in:
Although I completely hate these types of servers ... it sounds interesting! Good luck!
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Last edited by sssssssssss; 07-04-2010 at 06:35 PM..
Old 07-04-2010, 05:29 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
so it's era except expanded out a bit

goodluck
Old 07-04-2010, 06:31 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Looks pretty sweet.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:57 PM
IzariusRyudo is an unknown quantity at this point
If you guys have any questions about the server, in more detail. Just come onto Mafia Life, or find me in-game and I'll sit down and One and One with you, so you can get a full unterstanding of the game. Again, what is posted here, is a very small portion of what is going to be in the server.
Thanks
Old 07-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Looks decent so far, minus a couple of outbreak tile edits I see from Delt's event set (unless Sandz throws a fit I don't care, Sage).
The texture on the road looks good in the screeny.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:21 PM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven View Post
Looks decent so far, minus a couple of outbreak tile edits I see from Delt's event set (unless Sandz throws a fit I don't care, Sage).
The texture on the road looks good in the screeny.
Outbreak tile edits.. ? I didn't edit any tiles from outbreak o_o.. I may have made similar tiles from having seen the tileset so many times, but nothing was edited I assure you.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCeaseD View Post
Outbreak tile edits.. ? I didn't edit any tiles from outbreak o_o.. I may have made similar tiles from having seen the tileset so many times, but nothing was edited I assure you.
Perhaps, though as I said I don't care as the only oddities I noticed are very small things anyway. Again, looks pretty decent so far.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:32 AM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
I actually think this server has potential.

Goodluck man!

Old 07-07-2010, 01:43 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
A modern styled server that doesn't have a dreary grey tileset!?

Blasphemy I say!

But I actually love the tileset. :3 I would play this server...
Old 07-07-2010, 04:49 AM
unknown
Logababy will become famous soon enough
Woah nice..
Very unique style.