Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-04-2009, 04:10 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Random Stuff

Might as well go along with the other threads...

I made this a few months ago, just decided I'd post it here:

I screwed up on the head but I couldn't figure out how the hell to fix it.
I fixed that weird orange blob before I printed it.

Some other random stuff I've made:

A WAY long time ago when I did all that signature stuff:

Old 09-04-2009, 04:17 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Just out of curiosity, is he wearing his pants backwards? Not trying to sound critical or anything.

When I was looking at it, I first thought it was a back view of the two holding hands and looking forward. When I scrolled down, though, it changed. The guy's body flipped around entirely!
Old 09-04-2009, 04:20 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
I messed up on the head and made some weird illusion... I don't actually know anyone who draws either so I couldn't ask for any help. :P

It works without the girl there, but when she is there you assume that he's facing the same direction and it gets all messed up.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:21 AM
UN Manager
If you're still working on it, we could fix it up. It's not that hard of a transition!

However, if it's old it's no problem and understandable.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:23 AM
Wizard of the Hood
doyouskate is on a distinguished road
reminds me of eureka seven, or is that what you're going for?
Old 09-04-2009, 04:23 AM
Banned
Already printed it, so I don't feel like changing it. But just wondering, what exactly is the problem?
Old 09-04-2009, 04:24 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouskate View Post
reminds me of eureka seven, or is that what you're going for?
Yep, that's what it was based off of. I wanted a poster of it. ;p
Old 09-04-2009, 04:28 AM
UN Manager
Well, in my opinion to fix the image you'd have to do one of two things.

If your male character is supposed to be facing the same direction of your female, you're going to have to adjust the angle, or general position of the male's head. I perceive the way you handled it as he's either looking off to the side, or somewhat forward. I personally would turn the head a bit more so more of the face is showing. I'm not sure how you intend him to look, so I'm just assuming right now. (Difficult to convey this with words)

If he's supposed to be facing the same direction as the girl, you'll have to realign the body. Though, I'm assuming that isn't the case.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:28 AM
Wizard of the Hood
doyouskate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Yep, that's what it was based off of. I wanted a poster of it. ;p
I like it. Besides the head part, should have given her shorter hair and wings lol. Just sayin.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:32 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimChao View Post
Just out of curiosity, is he wearing his pants backwards? Not trying to sound critical or anything.

When I was looking at it, I first thought it was a back view of the two holding hands and looking forward. When I scrolled down, though, it changed. The guy's body flipped around entirely!
I thought the same thing, but didn't notice it till you posted it. I thought it was the backview, but the pants show it's actually the front.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:33 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimChao View Post
Well, in my opinion to fix the image you'd have to do one of two things.

If your male character is supposed to be facing the same direction of your female, you're going to have to adjust the angle, or general position of the male's head. I perceive the way you handled it as he's either looking off to the side, or somewhat forward. I personally would turn the head a bit more so more of the face is showing. I'm not sure how you intend him to look, so I'm just assuming right now. (Difficult to convey this with words)

If he's supposed to be facing the same direction as the girl, you'll have to realign the body. Though, I'm assuming that isn't the case.
The male character is suppose to be looking to his left, but even further past the girl, not at her.

It's possible to bend your head that far easy in real life, so I think I just drew one line at the wrong angle or something and I couldn't figure out which one. D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouskate View Post
I like it. Besides the head part, should have given her shorter hair and wings lol. Just sayin.
It was based off of a scene in the movie (which was released very recently). If you haven't seen it you should. ;D
Old 09-04-2009, 04:40 AM
UN Manager
Yeah, I think with just some small head definition changes it could look just fine.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:57 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Hand looks quite bad, the guys' head looks good and all but it's perspective is wrong. Bottom of the girl's hair looks weird, apart from that I like it. p.s didn't kno you were persian
Old 09-04-2009, 03:56 PM
anubis_wing will become famous soon enough
Just design the back of the pants and "voila" you have a correct looking fellow.

Also, change the hands. Not only are they looking quite largely deformed, they're facing the wrong way as well. It'd make more sense if they were both looking away.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Cool anime stuff! Looks pretty Mog-ish