Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Speed of Bullets

In pvp situations it's very frustrating to have your bullets so easily outrun until they fizzle out. I'd like to suggest that magic level dictates the speed at which bullets travel. I'd prefer to see bullets accelerating and reaching a top speed determined by the casters magic level. This would mostly benefit wisdom which has high grace costs placed on wound prayers but are always avoided. Wisdom level would dictate their speed.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:38 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Would definately make the mage tree a lot more attractive. vouch
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:03 PM
gess hew
lordbosh will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lordbosh
Do want
Old 01-15-2012, 08:08 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
As a player with 107 wisdom and magic, I support this .
Old 01-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
As a player with 107 wisdom and magic, I support this .
Well hopefully it would be worked in a way that allows for even mid-level magic/wisdom players to be able to hit players.
An example of how it would work:

All bullets of level 1 would move at 1.0 speed and accelerate at a rate of 1.0 speed per second to a maximum speed of 4.0, so at level 1 your bullets would reach 4.0 speed within 3 seconds.

Every 5 levels in Wisdom/Magic will increase their respective bullets top speed by 0.166 recurring which is the equivalent of +1speed. There are a maximum of 21 +1speed bonuses to bullet top speed available which places level 107wis/magic's potential bullet top speed at 7.500, higher than any speeds a player is able to reach at the moment (I believe). So at the top end players are able to send bullets out that will surely reach their intended target and take 6.5 seconds to reach that speed. At 60 magic a players bullets' top speed is 6.0 which isn't quite enough to catch a competent speedster but certainly enough to tackle a large majority of the population. It will take 5 seconds for the bullet to reach it's top speed. This gives players enough time to cast defensive spells or get prepared for the incoming attack, but makes completely running away from the bullet something of a challenge especially once it reaches it's top speed and begins to gain some distance over you.

I thought this system over quite a bit and these numbers are probably the most sound to work with, they already easily apply to the already existing speed system and takes into consideration top-end players.

Initial speeds would ofcourse be slow,
Old 01-15-2012, 11:24 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
I'm pretty sure it's possible, not sure about scaling per level though. Cast large fireball and it's considerably faster than large bullet, I remember when Tig updated that around 6 months back.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:51 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I can't agree with this.

Mostly because I remember how much people used to complain about not being able to even move when people were casting the older, faster version of the spell. Those days are best put behind us.

However, scaling power on magic bullet would be very nice, as it doesn't do much damage on its own, and even less on someone with high magic resistance.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
I can't agree with this.

Mostly because I remember how much people used to complain about not being able to even move when people were casting the older, faster version of the spell. Those days are best put behind us.

However, scaling power on magic bullet would be very nice, as it doesn't do much damage on its own, and even less on someone with high magic resistance.
Damage becomes irrelevant if you can't even land a hit with the bullets.
Also I think you confused this with casting time, which will still be as balanced as it is and so we wouldn't be left in a situation where nobody can respond once someone has cast a bullet.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Certainly hope so, or else melee-geared players will likely have a tough time getting out of all that. With the right things in effect, you could have a definite upper hand over many melee classes by spamming that spell. Especially if you can burn the hell out of some mana.

It could potentially become a real problem for people wearing Rings of War especially, since they'll be at -60 magic resistance. (Ignoring other factors.)
Old 01-16-2012, 10:02 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Lowering the base cast time for counter spell would make mage builds a lot more viable
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
It could potentially become a real problem for people wearing Rings of War especially, since they'll be at -60 magic resistance. (Ignoring other factors.)
I've considered row users and magic resistance isn't that difficult to get, but an accelerating bullet system would still leave row users with the opportunity to cancel the casters attacks since it's not their casting speed that's gotten faster, so in the short-mid range things will be almost unchanged but in the long-range or when dealing with runners, everything will change which is the goal of this initiative.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
it's not their casting speed that's gotten faster
Right, it's the projectile speed. But the issue there is that even though the cast time is still the same, the attack still becomes more difficult to evade when it's really not the only thing out there worth evading. There are far worse things out there, like poison.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Cell Chill
smokeraider is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to smokeraider Send a message via MSN to smokeraider
if you fight like a man, and not run away by sight of a few bullets, they will hit you, becouse you also should keep trying to hit ur enemy. then the bullets have time to catch you.

since magic/wisdom users usualy have higher speed if you have the right gear, usualy a mage can outrun you.
a mage agains a mage, usualy needs a bigger battle field, becouse you wanna cast a spell before those bullets hit you. if they go to fast and 1 person cast first. he probaly has a big advantage, becouse you would be kicked back everytime there is a impact.

the casting speed is the problem. it can be very irritating if someone can cast spells faster then you can. it does not seem like a fair advantage
Old 01-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Even though I've not played Graal Kingdoms, I have played enough games with spells and guns to say...

If anyone has played an FPS before, I think the idea of Projectile Speed increase if there really is such a problem with it atm, would actually be a really good move considering it'd be like turning your Mortar into a RPG(Rocket Propelled Grenade) (Yup, I just went FPS on y'all for a metaphor.)

While the cast time might be the same, if the projectile can be fast enough, it won't matter if you know how to use trajectory in order to slam some ******* who is running away.

Anything past this is all based on the players personal skill.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.