Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-17-2015, 02:02 AM
goaqstbuster247 is on a distinguished road
I mentioned making everything PK just like in real life so you have to hide or own a house/apartment/condo to be safe. Someone said of course not the Hospital because of spawn killing but a few people seemed interested. Not saying this is a answer to solve Era's problems but just something to consider.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:04 AM
Erik
Lime_O_Matic is on a distinguished road
The problem with today's raiding

As Katbot and Koho mentioned earlier, there was never an incentive to raid when we all did back in the day with over 100 people on everyday. There were bragging rights, massing that you were pissing all over BB's carpets, and talking more trash. However, the bragging rights were maintained if you could actually hold the base. The other gang(s) would meet up at devise a plan to attack the team that just healed to full holding the gang. Somewhere along the way, Era became a fast warp in shoot and die type game with no strategy or team play. When people don't do well, they lose motivation because there is only success through yourself.

My ideas to try and increase raiding
1) Small Custom Gangs, no fee to add or delete a gang, members 5-10 people. Count Gang points as a team forever, weekly, and daily. Give people leaderboards, they want to see how they rank. No point deduction for kicking people, you'll constantly be adding/removing people in this system.
2.Decrease the amount of health you spawn with after death.
3. Increase the amount you heal in a bed (At base) if your gang holds the base. Times 3 or 4 the amount.
4. Everyone always raids at one base. No reason to have more than 1
5. The /weaponkills command needs to become a leaderboard like Zone used to have. Players competing to be #1, top 10, or top 20 with certain guns will make everyone be raiding more.

In my theory, that can all work. Of course the economic class system Era has HIGHLY discourages new players, there is nothing we can do without a reset. And the current players are content with their wealth and not having new players. So there you go.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:38 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Literally the only thing I hear anyone complain about is the random warping into gmap bases, and the gmap bases themselves. Those two things need to go IMO.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:46 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime_O_Matic View Post
My ideas to try and increase raiding
1) Small Custom Gangs, no fee to add or delete a gang, members 5-10 people. Count Gang points as a team forever, weekly, and daily. Give people leaderboards, they want to see how they rank. No point deduction for kicking people, you'll constantly be adding/removing people in this system.
2.Decrease the amount of health you spawn with after death.
3. Increase the amount you heal in a bed (At base) if your gang holds the base. Times 3 or 4 the amount.
4. Everyone always raids at one base. No reason to have more than 1
5. The /weaponkills command needs to become a leaderboard like Zone used to have. Players competing to be #1, top 10, or top 20 with certain guns will make everyone be raiding more.

In my theory, that can all work. Of course the economic class system Era has HIGHLY discourages new players, there is nothing we can do without a reset. And the current players are content with their wealth and not having new players. So there you go.
1. Ya. Having smaller teams always added more to pking as in regards to strategy... leaders had to actually pick and choose the right members and you never login to see a guild have 14 people just sitting in the base killing the 1 who comes inside; if you have to fight/compete against your teammates for kills then there's an issue.

2. I like and dislike this. I like it because people shouldn't just be right back in the action (my favorite event is Sales CTF where dying is actually penalized with a respawn timer). It also promotes using food items and controlling specific healing zones (beds or medkits).
However this promotes further the use of raid events like BHPK** which is the wrong direction for sure.

3. 3-4x might be steep; I would see this being considered OP... players would just never leave this area and get huge kill-streaks. However I like the idea Tim proposed somewhere that when your gang clears all other gang members from the base, you would be passively healed in some way (this could be a 1-shot instaheal, or it could be a steady +5 ... +5 ... +5).

4. Players enjoy different things. One player might like sitting in a door with a shotgun, and another player might like using flak over walls. We need different types of bases to raid just like FPS have different maps.

5. I got Alf started on this a long time ago; but it wasn't worked on for more than a day before he disappeared like usual. Though all I see here is people crying about stats being displayed; so do you really want this?

6? Players can earn a million bucks to buy any item on the server in a matter of a dozen hours or so. The economy is actually so bad that it has become a non-issue from a player standpoint. Since there is an infinite inlet of money and very few outlets (as I've been saying for years) money is virtually worthless, the only real wealth can be found in restricted/exclusive items.
-----

**Since I'm already typing a novel here I want to elaborate on this anomaly known as BHPK:

As a little test; about a month ago I hosted a BHPK and measured the participation using the nifty new radar that shows how-many players are in the base. There was about 28~ unique players at any given time with the player-count peaking around 75. The lowest #of participants (while the warp was active) was around 22, and it peaked above 30 a couple times.

To compare; I temporarily removed any variables separating a raid from BHPK and announced it. Players would re-spawn with full health, and you would be able to warp randomly back into the base. The only remaining difference between this announced raid and the event BHPK was that players earned double the points during the announced raid.

I let it go for about an hour, and at best hit 23 players on my radar whilst the player-count was above 80 for the entire duration. The average count was under 20 however.

So, in my expert opinion... it seems our player-base is just retarded.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:15 AM
Reddy548 is on a distinguished road
1)Bases : The current bases are just stupid. Theres no need on 500 doors and barrels per base , also a base should be 1single map with a side room to heal/spar, not ladders and sewer **** to people lame and run. Bring back 1 of old bases (EP/BB old map bases are cool, or just make a votation?)
2)Bring the Personal gangs again with 10-15 limit , that should help with gang stacking and 2vs99 raids.
3)P shop menu : that thing is rly useless , noone want a nightvision hat or shitty guns , and why theres nothing to gangs purchase , they need something to spend points to keep getting them, like custom gang gun skins /Adding perks to gang purchase window not a bad idea , like spawning with more hp ,increase the speed u cap the base by %x ,Reviving player for free (another buggy thing , u cant grab people you just pass trought them)
4)Let players start a BH pk or raid events , by spending gang points or votation?
5)Allow ets to host gang raids (why the hell its disabled?) and Daily gang events should be easy to host if theres enouth members , the leaders or co-leaders pm Gang admin or ETA to host them.

and this is a good idea; The /weaponkills command needs to become a leaderboard like Zone used to have. Players competing to be #1, top 10, or top 20 with certain guns will make everyone be raiding more.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:24 AM
Erik
Lime_O_Matic is on a distinguished road
Rogue you raised some good points, and I also have some counters.

I didn't realize it would further promote the ULMS or BHPK event. For that, I suggest we get rid of it or just make sure it happens less. But it promotes food items (which are being revamped) and healing beds (Which is controlling the base like Era Mafia, beds in the back after capture point) (The ones in front in the hideaway wouldn't get the buff and so many people swarmed that area it was hard to heal anyway).

Those were just example x3-4 with the bed buff, but if you think about it, every kill you get the person spawns at 70 health and is out of the hospital so fast. If your gang fights off two gangs one at a time, by time you fight off the second gang and are at 30hp, the first gang has 3 members running in full and 2 more that will be in 5 more seconds. Raiding needs to be the last gang standing can heal before the next wave. Made it MUCH more fun imo. However we can do I say we go for it.

For the people who like shotguns and flaks, why the hell do we need to do that? Everyone on Era complains about them all the time. Shooting over walls is something that shouldn't have been introduced to Era (The concept is so stupid). Shotguns were never meant to be OP to sit back and fire aimlessly. If you want a support with a shotgun that's fine, but a well detailed map should focus on those points. And you can include a couple lame walls for the lame flak users. It should be feasible to include all types of level into one level (Big, Medium, Small, and Walls)

The /weaponkills just offers prestige to players. No reward besides seeing yourself up there. Trust me Rogue, (I think mp5 is your gun?), seeing yourself in the top 10 of mp5 users would get you giddy if you still actively played. All the zone players ate that **** up, used non amazing guns just to be on top and brag about it. In theory, not only does it slightly improve on activity, but also weapon diversity.

That's a cool experiment. People will need to help for sure.

This counters are more opinions than facts, and I can see why people would think your way as well. This is just what I'd like to implement to the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
1. Ya. Having smaller teams always added more to pking as in regards to strategy... leaders had to actually pick and choose the right members and you never login to see a guild have 14 people just sitting in the base killing the 1 who comes inside; if you have to fight/compete against your teammates for kills then there's an issue.

2. I like and dislike this. I like it because people shouldn't just be right back in the action (my favorite event is Sales CTF where dying is actually penalized with a respawn timer). It also promotes using food items and controlling specific healing zones (beds or medkits).
However this promotes further the use of raid events like BHPK** which is the wrong direction for sure.

3. 3-4x might be steep; I would see this being considered OP... players would just never leave this area and get huge kill-streaks. However I like the idea Tim proposed somewhere that when your gang clears all other gang members from the base, you would be passively healed in some way (this could be a 1-shot instaheal, or it could be a steady +5 ... +5 ... +5).

4. Players enjoy different things. One player might like sitting in a door with a shotgun, and another player might like using flak over walls. We need different types of bases to raid just like FPS have different maps.

5. I got Alf started on this a long time ago; but it wasn't worked on for more than a day before he disappeared like usual. Though all I see here is people crying about stats being displayed; so do you really want this?

6? Players can earn a million bucks to buy any item on the server in a matter of a dozen hours or so. The economy is actually so bad that it has become a non-issue from a player standpoint. Since there is an infinite inlet of money and very few outlets (as I've been saying for years) money is virtually worthless, the only real wealth can be found in restricted/exclusive items.
-----

**Since I'm already typing a novel here I want to elaborate on this anomaly known as BHPK:

As a little test; about a month ago I hosted a BHPK and measured the participation using the nifty new radar that shows how-many players are in the base. There was about 28~ unique players at any given time with the player-count peaking around 75. The lowest #of participants (while the warp was active) was around 22, and it peaked above 30 a couple times.

To compare; I temporarily removed any variables separating a raid from BHPK and announced it. Players would re-spawn with full health, and you would be able to warp randomly back into the base. The only remaining difference between this announced raid and the event BHPK was that players earned double the points during the announced raid.

I let it go for about an hour, and at best hit 23 players on my radar whilst the player-count was above 80 for the entire duration. The average count was under 20 however.

So, in my expert opinion... it seems our player-base is just retarded.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:37 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
when the last few comments are literally what I was going to do with gangs if I was made Gang Admin, too bad I stopped caring I guess (?) good luck reviving this stinker

Last edited by Godzilla; 02-17-2015 at 05:01 AM..
Old 02-17-2015, 11:48 AM
Exolia Zephlyn
SharkeySprinkles will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SharkeySprinkles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
when the last few comments are literally what I was going to do with gangs if I was made Gang Admin, too bad I stopped caring I guess (?) good luck reviving this stinker
Yes, you clearly don't care. May I remind you, you seem to say "Yeah, I would do all that if I was gang admin," but how? My development team would be needed, and right now I'm currently in utter chaos on adding and removing people so that I can find a decent team again like I had with Ish. Until then, no real progress could get done even if you said "Ok, let's do this <insert example from above here>!"

I'm working as fast as possible to clean this mess up, but it doesn't help that I lost three/four of my best developers in the matter of less than one week.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:59 PM
Letting Ets host bh pk can help
Old 02-17-2015, 04:47 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
All that does is spam kills and points, it's not even raiding or anything. It's the exact same thing as raids are now, random warp into base and die. Only thing it'll do is give more money to people.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:26 PM
So you preffer sit at unstick all day? id rather play bh pk all day, but nah the dev team doenst know what pk means , the only one on DEV that pk is cloyd.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:44 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy548 View Post
So you preffer sit at unstick all day? id rather play bh pk all day, but nah the dev team doenst know what pk means , the only one on DEV that pk is cloyd.
Events such as BHPK ruined raiding and changed how we thought a raid should be done. I don't think raiding will ever be how it was even if you brought all the old content back. It won't change a thing.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:54 PM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkeySprinkles View Post
Yes, you clearly don't care. May I remind you, you seem to say "Yeah, I would do all that if I was gang admin," but how? My development team would be needed, and right now I'm currently in utter chaos on adding and removing people so that I can find a decent team again like I had with Ish. Until then, no real progress could get done even if you said "Ok, let's do this <insert example from above here>!"

I'm working as fast as possible to clean this mess up, but it doesn't help that I lost three/four of my best developers in the matter of less than one week.
You of all people should know that none of that needs development, *****.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:33 PM
ooger will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Events such as BHPK ruined raiding and changed how we thought a raid should be done. I don't think raiding will ever be how it was even if you brought all the old content back. It won't change a thing.
I agree, game mentality has changed. Lame and avoid death for as long as possible to get a killstreak or maintain a positive /gang have become the primary objectives, even though the former has been toned down a LOT since its release.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:31 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
You of all people should know that none of that needs development, *****.
How does it not?