FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2005, 12:15 AM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH
They should bring back the old classic, when Tyhm was manager. Not with the races or the heras but that map. I liked that map. Also the server had a lot of stuff to do.
I second that.

I mean, Baborb or whatever was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 07-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexH
They should bring back the old classic, when Tyhm was manager. Not with the races or the heras but that map. I liked that map. Also the server had a lot of stuff to do.
Reviving old classic is nearly impossible due to the fact that every single level has to be converted to support an NPC Server, and there are about 3000 levels.

I want the 1.39 levels back.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:06 AM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Why was this topic revived....ugh.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:21 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoc
Reviving old classic is nearly impossible due to the fact that every single level has to be converted to support an NPC Server, and there are about 3000 levels.

I want the 1.39 levels back.
Why does everything have to be the same? Couldnt the overworld just be readied, and then some places would be converted? And the quests wiped and new ones made on the already existing overworld?
Old 07-01-2005, 02:31 AM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
It's not as if all of those levels had scripts in them. Not only that, but a great deal of them were very simple to convert. It's just a matter of having the patience to do it. The quests are another story, however.

I don't think I need to remind you all that we had quite a bit already converted prior to certain people DELETING it all. Despite the randomness of what was completed, and what remained to be completed, that Classic would have been better than what we have now. :/
Old 07-01-2005, 03:02 AM
Evil
Evil_Trunks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ramirez-
It's not as if all of those levels had scripts in them. Not only that, but a great deal of them were very simple to convert. It's just a matter of having the patience to do it. The quests are another story, however.

I don't think I need to remind you all that we had quite a bit already converted prior to certain people DELETING it all. Despite the randomness of what was completed, and what remained to be completed, that Classic would have been better than what we have now. :/
you could have done all the moon quests and the castle quest and the gnome quest and the crap in the gnome caves and the babord mines quest, the babord barrel quest with the conch shell, the babord inn quest, the dead hera quest, the zol's pub thingy

ALL COMPLETED

as opposed to the 0.3 quests classic has now

Old 07-01-2005, 05:33 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

Just wondering, because when we were working on a ripoff of classic, I converted all the levels to .nw, then changed all the links with a mass find and replace text program, and I also removed the setimgpart thing that made npcs turn into a full pics1.png the same way, couldnt you fix the common problems in the find and replace text thing, mass replace them with working versions of the same thing?

If any of this makes sense?
Old 07-01-2005, 07:49 AM
Banned
p2p_Sir_Link is an unknown quantity at this point
Even if anyone could, what would be the point? Looking through each level, each level seems to be unique. Looking at some of the NPC scripting brings wonder to me on how such old clumsy scripting to make such an awesome weapon (KoJ).
Old 07-01-2005, 10:21 AM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225
Why does everything have to be the same? Couldnt the overworld just be readied, and then some places would be converted? And the quests wiped and new ones made on the already existing overworld?
I was referring to the idea of an OLD classic server.
Many so-called attempts have been made, all have failed.
Yet, I still don't understand the need of an NPC server.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:22 AM
Quote:
I don't think I need to remind you all that we had quite a bit already converted prior to certain people DELETING it all./
Certain people = Lone?
Old 07-01-2005, 10:57 AM
shutup ctrl+s
syltburk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to syltburk Send a message via AIM to syltburk Send a message via Yahoo to syltburk
Quote:
Regarding Ventrue, it might seem that the staff consists of many members of the same guild, but hasn't it always been that way? There were times when NBK pretty much controlled GP, and others when SM controlled the administrator positions. If you wish to change the current condition, get your whole guild to send staff applications.

Also, I see no problem with the Ventrue guildhouse (other than abuse of the throne room by certain people), but modifying Angel Clan is a bit too much..

You must remember this is 'Classic', modifying nearly every single thing would ruin the point of the server.

The warpex seems like a big mistake, as it ruins the enjoyment of "exploring".
There should be some sort of an island for playerhouses (like Big City).
There is nothing wrong with a big overworld.

Old main levels should be brought back, such as Chimp's and Dozer's houses, hell\heaven chapels, and many others (including old heart quests).
Also, the PK rooms must be removed, since they pretty much ruin the value of kills.

I believe Classic would improve eventually, but for that, some of the staff must be revised.
Currently, the quality of the staff (behavior-wise) is too poor. Always choose quality over quanity.
and for the love of god: THE OLD PK/SPAR SYSTEM.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syltburk
and for the love of god: THE OLD PK/SPAR SYSTEM.
You mean pre low AP restrictions?
Old 07-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Evil
Evil_Trunks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Certain people = Lone?
no think insect-looking

Old 07-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Trunks
no think insect-looking
Willie Jamal (or whatever his name was)?
Old 07-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
Quote:
Willie Jamal (or whatever his name was)?
MS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?