Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-10-2002, 03:23 AM
lordhelmut is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to lordhelmut Send a message via AIM to lordhelmut Send a message via Yahoo to lordhelmut
Quote:
Originally posted by homeless1
I'm sorry I didnt get to this thread sooner, I awoke late the following day after the disaster because I stayed up all night trying to get a start message to work, which in the end I couldnt figure out how to. I think it was because the original file was .htm instead of .html....not sure but here it is:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Babylon Server Message
Subject: In Reaction to Recent Events Date: Sunday, 07 April 2002
Ion and I had considered getting a fresh start by wiping staff, rehiring those who had been active and had done their job well. Unfortunately, we experienced an attack by the former owner of Babylon, Lord Helmut. Luckily, with some help, I was able to get back on the RC and IP Ban him. By the time I was able to get things back under control Babylon had taken massive damage…He had warped a few players to jail, deleted all their weapons and flags, and I think even gave some people higher level equipment. Every file in the Head, Shield, Sword, Body, and Guild folders was deleted. This is in reality the 3rd time something unfortunate has befallen the server within my short time as owner. I have changed all staff account passwords, and we will revert back to the Blacklisting policy (i.e. don’t bother Staff on RC about positions). I’ll post information about how to apply for various jobs I guess in a few days. Ion and I will review the performance of current Staff, and rehire those who have proved themselves and can devote time consistently to our cause. RC’s in general won’t be restored until things can be straightened out to a satisfactory level, hopefully within the next day or two. Sorry guys…
Poster: Zen (Owner)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Lord Helmut threw out alot of half truths in his original post in this thread.

Like my second or so day as owner with Babylon actually being 'up' (was down for about a week because of that DNS problem thing) Coolnick deleted every file in the levels folder that started with 'B'...that would set anybody back in their plans for expansion. A bit later, Cortez pulled a similar stunt, so I took care of both of them. I of course didnt have a backup copy so soon, even though I had tried (and i think Ion can vouch for me here because I was really frustrated that I was having problems with the downloading).

So I found out that Lord Helmut had a sorta old backup...but he wouldnt give it to me. He instead decided to try and blackmail me to make gfx for FTO for him even though I had offered it freely. He wanted me to work more consistantly I guess than on my own free will (I cant read his mind, I doubt anybody can). He said he would give me one file a night...Coolnick thought that was crap of course(all this happened before he was actually fired, I had taken his levels folder access though at this point) and I have to say I didnt object when he changed LH's RC password, which would only be temporary untill he would stop harrassing us. A bit later, Lord Helmut had his full rights restored, I guess Ion did but I didnt object, because we were still friends and he was founder.

I got the levels pack, but this was NOT the same day that LH blew up, it was at least a week ago. I took away some of his rights this latest time because I got on RC one day and everybody was complaining that Lord Helmut had got on and he had in his name "BABYLON IS DEAD HAAHAHAHAAHA", and stripped Kronan of his rights...which was really out of place because he didnt even work on the server anymore. I checked the logs to make sure, and seeing him acting in this behavior and knowing how LH can lash out, I think anybody would have made a similar decision to safegaurd the server's security, especially after how badly I got screwed over by Coolnick and Cortez, both people that I trusted. Even that was a few days before LH's attack actually happened, I guess because he didnt log on to actually notice for a while. We were friends right up to the moment he spazzed, we were laughing up north in some cave, and he notices he was low on rights.

He starts cussing, and got mad at Odyssey just for defending me. Klone took sides with LH, and of course he was glorified for it. It seems as though hes only a nice person when your on his good side. I remember when Coolnick had changed his pass, Lord Helmut was calling him a little kid and was drawing pictures of him killing coolnick...even though he was inittially going to give ownership to Coolnick. Hmm, now I had offended him, but I believed and still beleive it was for a justified reason, and he was going on how i was the worst person ever to be picked as owner, and that Klone should have been picked...WOW and guess what??? Klone was defending him in the chat.

That brings up another point, I never made any phantom agreement with Lord Helmut that he would keep any and all rights unconditionally. I learned of the whole thing from Coolnick when he sent me the RC convo he had had with 'Coolnick' at which point he was planning on giving 'him' the ownership.

During the attack, he never IP banned me, but he did 'ban' me, and he kept disconnecting me...I couldnt keep myself on long enough to stop anything. During which time he royally screwed up the FTP that he did have access to and ruined quite a few players' characters. Knowing Richter, I asked him if there was any way he could help me. Yes, he did mess up Sanstrata, but he had constructive purpose..he wasnt trying to be a spycho(sp?) with destructive intentions, like Lord Helmut. He enabled me to stay on the RC long enough to take LH's D/C right, and things got a bit better from there.

And to whoever said I left Babylon 'hating' Lord Helmut, they are horribly mistaken. I announced I was going to leave like half a day before LH entrusted Babylon to me...and my post on the Babylon forums was really friendly.

*ahem* I'm sorry its so long but please take the time to read it, hopefully it will clear up some people's misconceptions.
I usually dont read bullshit but I read this and found it quite funny. Yes I did do my best to destroy Babylon because I made it so I can do as I wish. Yes I did play with him with my level pack. I was the only one with the levels pack since...I did make almost all of it...

I was joking when I told him I would give him 1 file a night and he knew it (unless hes as stupid as I think he is) Also I did send him the levels pack. Thats why I spazzed because I found out not only had he broken the agreement with my RC but he also told me he couldnt "risk it" meaning me having full RC and "I wasnt trustworthy" or some bullshit.

I knew this would happen as soon as I had given him the levels pack but for some reason I trusted him when I was told bullshit by him. Oh well

Check out the development at:
http://razza.org/lordhelmut/FantasyTales/index
Old 04-10-2002, 03:30 AM
Banned
nyghtGT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nyghtGT
Re: Re: Re: Re: Babylon

Quote:
Originally posted by lordhelmut

I was talking about characters I forgot to mention Gastly is god at tilesets
*god of pursuasive talk*
Old 04-10-2002, 04:39 AM
Banned
shavomombetto is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to shavomombetto Send a message via AIM to shavomombetto Send a message via Yahoo to shavomombetto
Quote:
Originally posted by Milkdude99
Ok weird thing is , THERE IS NO FTP pass are you ppl living in the dark ages?That was done away with with the new RC/FTP all you have to do is do not give the rights to any folders , it's that simple.....
there is FTP pass, but only the person who put up the playerworld knows it, a.k.a. Stefan. Common sense buddy, every server is on an ftp server.
Old 04-10-2002, 04:51 AM
Tired Sloth
Psyker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Psyker Send a message via Yahoo to Psyker
Quote:
Yes I did do my best to destroy Babylon because I made it so I can do as I wish.
IF it was offline.

Now that it's online, all of your work is now property of GraalOnline.
Old 04-10-2002, 06:00 AM
IoNfLuX
IonFlux2001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to IonFlux2001
Quote:
Originally posted by Psyker

IF it was offline.

See I wasnt lien I was right.
Old 04-10-2002, 06:03 AM
Truckin Up
Milkdude99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Milkdude99
Quote:
Originally posted by shavomombetto

there is FTP pass, but only the person who put up the playerworld knows it, a.k.a. Stefan. Common sense buddy, every server is on an ftp server.
Since when are concerned with what Stefan's pass is?On OUR level which is the only concern we should have there is no password "buddy"

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 04-10-2002, 06:10 AM
man with the mastahplan
Slaktmaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Slaktmaster Send a message via AIM to Slaktmaster
Quote:
Originally posted by shavomombetto

I believe once again it's another idiot who has no idea what they're talking about.

That has to do with the Graal Online servers: Graal 2001, Graal 2002, and Graal Classic. Only those servers are protected under the copyrite. Playerworlds must create their own contract in the beginning if they would like to have the same type of deal, and have all of their staff to agree to it. So do not go spreading your bull **** around. Here's a famous phrase for you:

"You can't bull **** a bull shitter, and if you manage to, you won't ever again."

Thnx WarCap for teaching me that lesson
Nope, that applies to playerworlds as well.
Old 04-10-2002, 06:10 AM
Truckin Up
Quote:

IF it was offline.

And if PPL would think about it everything is made with Graal "tools" to work with the Graal Game and stands to "reason" it ALL belongs to Graal and if you read the Rules of PW's and all the "fine print " no one bothers to read that is made clear.....We own nothing really for it all belongs to Graal, we just "borrow it" and call it ours as it's temporary "Owners"

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 04-10-2002, 06:13 AM
Truckin Up
Quote:
Originally posted by Slaktmaster

Nope, that applies to playerworlds as well.
As we all know don't we Arch?

Moon God
Graal.net

---------- Home---------

Old 04-10-2002, 06:16 AM
Tired Sloth
I always thought that the (Owner) and (Co-Owner) tags were ridiculous.
Old 04-10-2002, 06:16 AM
GFX Ninja
Tin Man is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Tin Man Send a message via AIM to Tin Man Send a message via Yahoo to Tin Man
Hello people its Me Laphromi Pilot X,

I think Zen should delete everything that LH helped create and start from anew (Change the name too so it doesnt say Babylon on the server list).
Babylon had a certain flame of desire to be when i was first starting out with LH at the helm i felt Babylon could be the best with Zen and I creating GFX and Xaviar doing the scripts. Then Xaviar had to leave do to personal reasons which was the beging of the end, with him gone nothing got updated due to that we couldnt make any new NPCW's or Bosses for quest. I was contempt though making little things for LH now. One LH left Babylon lost that flame with him, nothing got updated and we still had no NAT. We later got some new staff to replace the ones that were fired (i think they could have been forgiven, it was fun though with the level bugs) I made some new friends and i did Graphics for them because i was a GAT but as it progressed i got less and less interested in doing the work.

Im going to be working with LH on his game.

I think Zen is a nice guy and though not suited as a leader but instead makes one hell of a GFX Admin.

I will be going more graphics for everyone (Bablyon and LH) now that i have designated a period of time in my day for doing such things rather when i just did it when i felt like doing it.

So im for the Redoing of Babylon into something else.

Check it out
Old 04-10-2002, 06:17 AM
Tired Sloth
Quote:
Originally posted by Tin Man
Hello people its Me Laphromi Pilot X,

I think Zen should delete everything that LH helped create and start from anew (Change the name too so it doesnt say Babylon on the server list).
Babylon had a certain flame of desire to be when i was first starting out with LH at the helm i felt Babylon could be the best with Zen and I creating GFX and Xaviar doing the scripts. Then Xaviar had to leave do to personal reasons which was the beging of the end, with him gone nothing got updated due to that we couldnt make any new NPCW's or Bosses for quest. I was contempt though making little things for LH now. One LH left Babylon lost that flame with him, nothing got updated and we still had no NAT. We later got some new staff to replace the ones that were fired (i think they could have been forgiven, it was fun though with the level bugs) I made some new friends and i did Graphics for them because i was a GAT but as it progressed i got less and less interested in doing the work.

Im going to be working with LH on his game.

I think Zen is a nice guy and though not suited as a leader but instead makes one hell of a GFX Admin.

I will be going more graphics for everyone (Bablyon and LH) now that i have designated a period of time in my day for doing such things rather when i just did it when i felt like doing it.

So im for the Redoing of Babylon into something else.
It doesn't matter what you think, because it's not going to happen.
Old 04-10-2002, 06:18 AM
lordhelmut is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to lordhelmut Send a message via AIM to lordhelmut Send a message via Yahoo to lordhelmut
Quote:
I always thought that the (Owner) and (Co-Owner) tags were ridiculous.
I never made myself one, and Psyker, I may not be Owner Owner but I still have the right to have it taken down correct?

Check out the development at:
http://razza.org/lordhelmut/FantasyTales/index
Old 04-10-2002, 06:20 AM
GFX Ninja
Tin Man is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Tin Man Send a message via AIM to Tin Man Send a message via Yahoo to Tin Man
Quote:

It doesn't matter what you think, because it's not going to happen.
Well arent you just a little ray of sunshine, and you never know.

Check it out
Old 04-10-2002, 06:32 AM
IoNfLuX
IonFlux2001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to IonFlux2001
Quote:

I never made myself one, and Psyker, I may not be Owner Owner but I still have the right to have it taken down correct?
nope.. once u gave it to Zen you cant do anything I belive.