Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-13-2012, 10:33 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
The potency of poison

Many people probably agree with me when I say poison needs to be toned down. In its current state it is far too powerful and sets bile and ogma miles ahead of other gods only due to the massive poison resistance their holy possessions give. Without holy possession you frequently eat brutal poisons that reduce str, dex and con by 10 each. That's taking off all your armor and fighting naked. Not only does poison reduce your stats but it also nullifies your hp regen (assuming RoWs and/or dragon amulet) with the DoT effect it brings to the table.

What I propose is to make the stat reduction a fixed number of say 3str, 3 dex, 3 con and possibly -3 to -5 speed to counter the trend of overcapping stats for poison "immunity". Currently with ogma or bile holy possession this is the average poison strength (without the speed reduction). Poison resistance would instead reduce the damage you take from the DoT effect. This would keep both ogma and bile as competetive choices while opening up new playstyles and competition with other gods.

Sorry I posted this from my phone so I haven't really proofread it at all and my foreigner english is probably sub-par. Also sorry for wall of text.

I should probably mention that I'm worshipping bile. I just want more variation when it comes to choice of god and being competetive in fights.

Feel free to discuss other ways of toning down poison or by all means explain why we shouldn't nerf poison if that's your stance on the matter.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.

Last edited by Felix_Xenophobe; 01-13-2012 at 01:01 PM..
Old 01-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Holy **** real wall of text
Quote:
Old 01-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
yo babe u rite i wnt to be able to glow and user sunspear
Old 01-14-2012, 04:04 PM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Poison is fine imo... its the stupid blinding that needs to be nerfed -_-
Old 01-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
Poison is fine imo... its the stupid blinding that needs to be nerfed -_-
how is blinding worse than poison...

going from 30 str to 20 str if you're not bile or ogma is not that bad
Quote:
Old 01-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
nap message me ur msn or get on facebook if ur not on ur phone
Old 01-14-2012, 04:50 PM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
how is blinding worse than poison...

going from 30 str to 20 str if you're not bile or ogma is not that bad
i mean i guess, never really had that problem. only problem i have is that lame blinding effect.. ;x
Old 01-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
i mean i guess, never really had that problem. only problem i have is that lame blinding effect.. ;x
Ya that's my point. For you and me who are both bile poison is alright. For anyone who doesnt worship ogma/bile it's the single most broken mechanic in the game.

@ cube im in the studio atm i cant get on either of em
Quote:
Old 01-14-2012, 09:31 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
currently poison only decreases stats, it shouldn't decrease stats, rather I'd like to see a constant -5 damage (which would be a strong poison) every few seconds, and it'd be neat to see it only decrease some speed depending on how strong the poison is. Poison doesn't effect speed at all currently, only dex/con/str.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:06 AM
gess hew
lordbosh will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lordbosh
Poison definitely needs to be adjusted. It is the single trait that determines how a battle will go in pvp, and is kinda ridiculous.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:11 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I can't remember how many times I've said this. Poison is definitely too potent in its current state. Here's several reasons why.
  • It causes damage over time.
  • A stat penalty to Strength given by poison lowers not only attack power, but carrying capacity as well, thereby also drastically reducing a player's speed.
  • A stat penalty to Dexterity can lower a player's AC, as well as their speed.
  • A stat penalty to Constitution (which many players lack) lowers the player's overall health pool, reducing the survivability of that player tremendously.
  • Poison has the ability to stun a target, rendering them immobile for a second or two.
  • Poison can interrupt player actions, such as casting and certain attacks.

The problem with all of this is that no other attacktype does so many things at once.

A lot of these effects, like the stunning and strength penalties and other stuff should be separated out and used for additional status effects associated with the attack types we already have. It would certainly add more to the game in terms of PvP, and maybe even add some flavor to how we have Gods set up.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
currently poison only decreases stats, it shouldn't decrease stats, rather I'd like to see a constant -5 damage (which would be a strong poison) every few seconds, and it'd be neat to see it only decrease some speed depending on how strong the poison is. Poison doesn't effect speed at all currently, only dex/con/str.
I don't even think it should reduce speed, that's something intended for slow.
Damage over time that doesn't also proc a guranteed stun (occassional), reduces hp regen of the poisoned player to 0. That should be it's limit imo. We have so many other diseases and status effects that are broken and waiting to be revived which could use a wide variety of possible ailments.
  • Slow
  • Fear
  • Acid
  • Paralyze
  • Ghosthit
  • Cause Red Death
  • Cause Black Death
  • Common Diseases
  • Magical (weapon effect)

Surely we can find a way to make all ailments and latent effects work in a way that can make both pve and pvp that much more a thinking game. I enjoy it being skill based as it currently is, but I'd like to run into a pvp situation, contract an ailment and begin to be worn down over time, but at the same time be able to throw a variety of ailments at my opponent to suit the situation e.g. Slow down, Confuse and Paralyze a mage but wear down a Tank with a barrage of diseases.

The one effect I'm worried about is Paralyze since we fight so fast and can quickly fall from 600hp to 50 if held in place long enough.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinDragon View Post
stuff
Agreed 100%. Weapon swapping for different effects is the most interesting aspect of pvp atm. By spreading the poison effects across various other attacktypes it would make the game so much more better.
Quote:
Old 01-15-2012, 08:05 PM
gess hew
lordbosh will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lordbosh
Too bad its all in the mudlib I think. And stefan has yet to give tig access to it from what I've heard.

Even though he has had manager position for like 2 or 3 years?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:39 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordbosh View Post
Too bad its all in the mudlib I think. And stefan has yet to give tig access to it from what I've heard.

Even though he has had manager position for like 2 or 3 years?
Yes, poison is part of the mudlib. The problem with the mudlib is that it is mostly built-in as C++ and a lot of it hasn't been converted to GScript2 (so I'm not able to edit it).

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”