Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loakey_P2P View Post
shouldn't you be idling on your dusty covered server that should have shut down 8 year's ago but didn't cause you guys didn't have the common sense to shut it down before it died .
You mean the server which we've actually bothered to come up with a new plan for, much of that plan having since been executed rather than remaining theoretical (feel free to see Youtube videos of actual new content), got rid of the old/out-dated/inefficient systems and re-coded everything from scratch (including fully custom systems as opposed to default) with a much higher amount of abstraction/organisation/optimisation, and the server which could very easily be on the list if we wanted to asap, but we'd rather take our time giving it a greater level of completion than take reputation for granted?

It's funny that you choose to take an unprovoked swipe at Classic, because there's a hell of a lot you could learn from it if you want SL to become more than just a re-hash of an old server that died out several years before pre-wipe Classic did. And you know, taking the server off the list to redevelop it wasn't forced either, it was a choice, one that's been stuck to all along and isn't a great deal away from obtaining the fruits of its labour.

But if you feel you can resurrect a project from over half a decade ago with just "a few upgrades", then good luck to you I suppose.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Shaded Legend Management
CujoDaMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to CujoDaMan Send a message via MSN to CujoDaMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I want to see screen shots
I will for sure be posting screenshots a little down the road, is there a certin thing you would like to see?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a name known to allff7chocoboknight is a name known to allff7chocoboknight is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Quote:
well they wern't the ones we wanted to you to use . we were hoping for a more recent copy with the bigger gmap and some of the gs2 conversion done but that's not what we got .

shouldn't you be idling on your dusty covered server that should have shut down 8 year's ago but didn't cause you guys didn't have the common sense to shut it down before it died .
When are you going to learn how to type, Mr. Ronso?
Old 11-10-2011, 08:20 PM
SL Oldbie
Loakey_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Loakey_P2P Send a message via Yahoo to Loakey_P2P
never spooon , and no Thor it wasn't just a swipe at the server . i hate when people post in threads talking down on a server like the one they have worked on for years and doesn't seem to be going anywhere is all that and a bag of chips . but feel free to continue derailing this thread , in the mean time ill go look for those videos . i had enjoyed classic back in the day as much as anyone else , but times change as well as people .

SL also had a lot work put into making its own stuff , such as the new inventory , the gui , the message systems for event and random chating plus a hell of a lot of level work . which was all done way before any other server had them (take the events which every other server copied) . I don't consider SL the greatest server , or the best server . It was simple a good server , but like all things the times change . It's not the server i dislike , it's the company you keep .
-Past Sl Jobs * ET/LAT/NAT/LAT Admin/Developer/Admin/Head Admin/Asst. Manager/Manager
-Current Job - Retired

*Sorry you must have mistaken me for someone that cares .
Old 11-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
never spooon , and no Thor it wasn't just a swipe at the server . i hate when people post in threads talking down on a server like the one they have worked on for years and doesn't seem to be going anywhere is all that and a bag of chips . but feel free to continue derailing this thread , in the mean time ill go look for those videos . i had enjoyed classic back in the day as much as anyone else , but times change as well as people .
Skyzer wasn't talking down on your server, he was suggesting that it needs to do something new, because as good as it may have been at one point in the past that no longer applies. If you can recognise this as being true for Classic (even though it can be argued this is no longer the case), you should be able to recognise this being true for Shaded Legend.

Also it is hardly derailing the thread by referring to a relevant comparison, plus you were the one who brought up the subject about a different server.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
And you know, taking the server off the list to redevelop it wasn't forced either, it was a choice, one that's been stuck to all along and isn't a great deal away from obtaining the fruits of its labour.
So I guess constant player complaints about the server didn't prompt any sort of global action at all, right? Doesn't matter that you wanted to keep it UC.

Laura will make excellent walktrouts for classic

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 11-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
So I guess constant player complaints about the server didn't prompt any sort of global action at all, right?
It had little/nothing to do with player complaints as has already been verified multiple times, but this is not the place to discuss it, nor is it really worth discussing in length now anyway.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:39 PM
nightslayer317 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Laura will make excellent walktrouts for classic
Is a walktrout a type of fish?
Old 12-04-2011, 06:38 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7chocoboknight View Post
I hope it doesn't come back looking the same as it did last time, or the times before those. Make a new server, damn it.
Oh yeah, why on earth does this post just not work?
Old 12-04-2011, 07:52 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a name known to allff7chocoboknight is a name known to allff7chocoboknight is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
Because if they drop the project they'd feel like they had wasted their time. Funny part is that they already are. ~!
Old 12-04-2011, 10:18 AM
YoungTwist is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to YoungTwist
Hey CujoDaMan, looking forward to seeing SL. Good Luck Bro.
(Would like to see some quests, NPC's, maybe my fav. some levels)? =D

Last edited by YoungTwist; 12-04-2011 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: What i would like to see.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:51 AM
SL Oldbie
Loakey_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Loakey_P2P Send a message via Yahoo to Loakey_P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7chocoboknight View Post
Because if they drop the project they'd feel like they had wasted their time. Funny part is that they already are. ~!
the thing is no matter how much of your life you sit on graal demeaning people , everyone see's what you are .
-Past Sl Jobs * ET/LAT/NAT/LAT Admin/Developer/Admin/Head Admin/Asst. Manager/Manager
-Current Job - Retired

*Sorry you must have mistaken me for someone that cares .
Old 01-09-2012, 04:14 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
So what am I, everyone?
Old 01-09-2012, 04:43 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Ha. Youngtwist. Man, that's an old name.