Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 03:27 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Still experiencing the issues with GuiScrollCtrl's and Highlighting.

When the mouse leaves the boundaries of an external window it no longer keeps track of the state (which buttons held down) or location of the mouse.

If you want people to be happy with Graal Client-based tools you really need to fix these issues.

The issues in my post here are still present in the current client:
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...postcount=1207
Old 10-27-2011, 03:06 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Upon receiving a global PM multiple times, the globe tab button will not switch its image to a PM bubble as it does the first time, so it's possible to not notice a global PM unless you have the sound enabled or a custom scripted notification.
Also please change the PM sound to something other than chest.wav.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:03 AM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Try getting rid of all this lag, this client hurts my FPS badly.

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 10-31-2011, 08:48 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Also please change the PM sound to something other than chest.wav.
I actually like it.

So perhaps some options is a better idea.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
We have released a new version 6.014:

- Added an option "Use OpenGL for Graphics", can be enabled and disabled without restarting the game; OpenGL is usually faster than DirectX but we currently don't support full-screen mode yet, and some cheaper graphic cards have bad support for OpenGL and will work better with the default graphics (DirectX)
- The fullscreen-mode from the options is correctly saved
- Fixed problems with http keep-alive, it is correctly reusing connections to web-servers now to speed up download of images (e.g. wiki news)
- Fixed some crashing bugs
- Fixed npc-clipping when z > 0
- Better handling of objects which join classes but don't have an own script
- Added functions for using JSON: obj.savejsontostring(0 single line/1 multiline), obj.savejson(filename,0 overwrite/1 append,0 single line/1 multiline), obj.loadjson(filename), obj.loadjsonfromstring(str); we will also update the npcservers in the next few days to add these
- Fixed gani particles

Last edited by Admins; 11-05-2011 at 10:26 PM..
Old 11-03-2011, 11:20 PM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Hmm, OpenGL seems to be almost the same for me as DirectX, but i'm not sure. Could someone please tell me which is better for my computer?

Specs:
I have Windows 7 home premium
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core QL-65 (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Name: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip Type: ATI display adapter (0x9612)
Driver Verision: 8.872.0.0
Date: 7/7/2011 11:28:26 PM

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 11-03-2011, 11:21 PM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Planning to fix the textbox highlighting problem? I'm not quite sure on how to replicate it but I've done it a few times. It usually occurs when switching servers and using the server search textbox on login
Old 11-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
The status box on the playerlist is sometimes misplaced for me:

Edit: Upon opening the client a 2nd time, this box hasn't appeared for me at all.

This has happened a handful of times before with previous versions when the playerlist has been created on login, but upon opening this new client the first time this issue has happened once logged in to a server.

Quote:
I have a level where depending on quest progress an NPC is changing tiles with tiles[x,y] + updateboard(); when the NPC is created.
Normally if you walk into the level for the first time and then quickly run back out (can ofcourse be caused naturally by lag) this causes the tiles to be updated in your current level rather than the level the NPC is within.

In V5 this can be prevented simply by specifically having the script updating this.level.tiles[x, y], however in V6 this problem is occurring even when using this.
Perhaps I can elaborate on this problem:

And perhaps I can elaborate on the issue I was having with text display layer.

I have nicknames displaying on layer 1 rather than 0, so that they display above layer 0 NPCs which have a large image being used to decorate a floor.
Within inside levels, nickname text is displayed beneath players, which is what I would expect.
On GMAPs however, nickname text is displayed above players, the exception to this is when you are in the top left level of a GMAP:

Inside -

GMAP -

Top left level of a GMAP -

It also seems that within the last 2 client versions, gani script is stuck to the player after the player has been set to a different gani.
For instance the script of onPlayerEnters within Classic's horse fire breath gani is occurring whenever you enter a new level even though your gani is no longer firebreath.

Last edited by ffcmike; 11-04-2011 at 01:36 PM..
Old 11-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Added functions for using JSON: obj.savejsontostring(0 single line/1 multiline), obj.savejson(filename,0 overwrite/1 append,0 single line/1 multiline), obj.loadjson(filename), obj.loadjsonfromstring(str); we will also update the npcservers in the next few days to add these
I'm particularly interested in this, where will you announce when this is available?
Old 11-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Uploaded a new version 6.015:

- fixes problems with projectiles falling through the ground
- new script functions convertLatinToUTF8(string) and convertUTF8ToLatin(string), mainly for server-side stuff

The new gserver and npcserver have been uploaded to all machines, requires server restart to enable the json functionality. We've also added onWasShot(x,y,dir) on server-side, for classic arrows. The new version also makes it possible to make npcs not block projectiles with npc.isblockingprojectiles = false. Previously this was only possible on client-side.

Last edited by Admins; 11-05-2011 at 10:39 PM..
Old 11-06-2011, 03:56 AM
Hoyt1134 is on a distinguished road
Serverside, there seems to be a bug with reading and writing to tilelayers above 0 while on a gmap. player.level.tilelayers[0].tiles[x,y] returns the correct tile for layer 0, but player.level.tilelayers[1].tiles[x,y] always returns 0.

Clientside on a gmap, player.gmap.tilelayers[0].tiles[x,y] always returns -1, but if you go to a layer above 0, such as player.gmap.tilelayers[1].tiles[x,y], it returns the correct tile. You can read the tile on layer 0 if you drop the tilelayers check, player.gmap.tiles[x,y] returns the tilelayers[0] tile for those coordinates.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:16 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
Take your sweet time....
Old 11-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by alskdjfhg View Post
Take your sweet time....
If the release of V6 was rushed I'm sure there'd be a lot more people criticising bugs.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:41 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
we've also added onwasshot(x,y,dir) on server-side, for classic arrows. The new version also makes it possible to make npcs not block projectiles with npc.isblockingprojectiles = false. Previously this was only possible on client-side.
:0!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:39 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
If the release of V6 was rushed I'm sure there'd be a lot more people criticising bugs.
and complaining about the font changes and player list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Still experiencing the issues with GuiScrollCtrl's and Highlighting.

When the mouse leaves the boundaries of an external window it no longer keeps track of the state (which buttons held down) or location of the mouse.

If you want people to be happy with Graal Client-based tools you really need to fix these issues.

The issues in my post here are still present in the current client:
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...postcount=1207
Still this.

Tags
graal v6, windows