Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 02:18 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyX View Post
Check this guy out, continuously bashing people on a forum he doesn't know. And our community is the "bashing" and "stupid" one? I see.
Look at this guy, he can't flaw my argument so he just says "NO U ARE UNEDUCATED"

Quote:
On an objective note-
How does outside opinion even REMOTELY compare to an inside opinion? An outside opinion has absolutely no value if they're unaware of what they're talking about. That's like saying an uneducated man's opinion on global politics is just as valid as the UN Secretary General's opinion. Honestly, are you dumb enough to believe something like that?
An inside opinion is completely biased because you are part of the faction being judged. Us guys that don't play Era? We watch the all the rap-battlers and favoritism, the scamming, the silly USD/CST complaints and all the drama from a completely detached view. We are unrelated to the situation, and our opinions are unaffected by any bias. When we look down and decide that 75% of that mess is just stupid people, we can say that accurately, because we're not one of the 25% down there trying to justify their place on the server.
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Check this guy out, continuously bashing people on a forum he doesn't know. And our community is the "bashing" and "stupid" one? I see.

On an objective note-
How does outside opinion even REMOTELY compare to an inside opinion? An outside opinion has absolutely no value if they're unaware of what they're talking about. That's like saying an uneducated man's opinion on global politics is just as valid as the UN Secretary General's opinion. Honestly, are you dumb enough to believe something like that?
Okay bro chill out, Just chill out. I'm going to say a couple things and you won't stop me otherwise you're basically no better than how you see us "outsiders".

1. If someone has had any experience and or played they should be allowed to state an opinion towards it or any events that have happened, otherwise just ignore it off as gossip and or a bad lie.

2. It is a game, You really shouldn't take things so seriously.

3. My most important point, Era has a very major rep for being a bunch of idiots and asses, I personally agree with it due to the fact that It shines through in truth. You may be apart of it and not be like them and even enjoy their company that is cool but you shouldn't defend those who don't deserve the defense.

Also what PoJo said at the end of what he said.
This thread on its own is a waste and asking for trouble.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
i probably played era before half of your playerbase even started graal and i can indeed say your community is pretty retarded.

also <3 torque
Old 08-14-2010, 02:20 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
were not the stupid ones u guys are. just be quiet.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:23 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Replying to this here because two threads is stupid

Quote:
So you argue in another thread that you don't have to be a critic to critique a movie, but now the "stupid Era community" can't tell that they have a bad manager?
This right here. They're stupid so it's pretty invalid. They can have an opinion on what they want, but Chris was undeniably talented and brought a lot to the table. It's also two different scenarios. The movie reference applies to the bystander being an accurate judge of something. The Era kids are stupid reference applies to people being biased and trying to press their opinion on the masses (that opinion being: Chris sucks - james).

Quote:
Dude, stick to one argument. You're trying to act all smart and drastically failing
Your argument this entire time is just "you are wrong". I've seen better defense done entirely with image macros. They were in all caps and had pictures of men pointing.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:23 AM
Developer
FantasyX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to FantasyX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Look at this guy, he can't flaw my argument so he just says "NO U ARE UNEDUCATED"

An inside opinion is completely biased because you are part of the faction being judged. Us guys that don't play Era? We watch the all the rap-battlers and favoritism, the scamming, the silly USD/CST complaints and all the drama from a completely detached view. We are unrelated to the situation, and our opinions are unaffected by any bias. When we look down and decide that 75% of that mess is just stupid people, we can say that accurately, because we're not one of the 25% down there trying to justify their place on the server.
You're continuously looking past my arguments. You're calling us the flawed playercount and yet you're doing exactly what you say we're doing.

In this situation, and outside opinion is void. You have no knowledge of what Vimes does besides the general updates he puts on the forums. The only knowledge of Era's playerbase you have is posts on the forums.

This leads me to my main point-
Do you play Era? No.
Do you know anything about Era besides what's posted on the forums? No.

I'm not getting angry, Fulgore. I'm simply stating that if you're unaware of what someone's doing behind the general information you read in our subforum, you shouldn't submit posts about what we should be doing about specific players/staff.

Torque
Old 08-14-2010, 02:24 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Your argument this entire time is just "you are wrong". I've seen better defense done entirely with image macros. They were in all caps and had pictures of men pointing.
Yeah, He's simply using circular logic as a defense because as long as he never admits he is wrong he doesn't lose in his eyes.

Quote:
I'm not getting angry, Fulgore. I'm simply stating that if you're unaware of what someone's doing behind the general information you read in our subforum, you shouldn't submit posts about what we should be doing about specific players/staff.
Okay, Than it's simple to state you are taking things too far with the thread. No one really gave a damn probably until you sparked this up.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:24 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
You're continuously looking past my arguments. You're calling us the flawed playercount and yet you're doing exactly what you say we're doing.

In this situation, and outside opinion is void. You have no knowledge of what Vimes does besides the general updates he puts on the forums. The only knowledge of Era's playerbase you have is posts on the forums.

Do you play Era? No.

You should really quit while your behind because it's impossible to beat Pojo in an argument.

Edit: Also how the hell can you say we have no knowledge on Chris? If anything most of the people on the forums probably know him far better than you do and ever would. He has contributed mass amounts of code to the code gallery, helped many people with script and technical problems and does a damn good job for the Global News Team.

Last edited by cyan3; 08-14-2010 at 02:29 AM.. Reason: ..
Old 08-14-2010, 02:31 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
You should really quit while your behind because it's impossible to beat Pojo in an argument.

Edit: Also how the hell can you say we have no knowledge on Chris? If anything most of the people on the forums probably know him far better than you do and ever would. He has contributed mass amounts of code to the code gallery, helped many people with script and technical problems and does a damn good job for the Global News Team.
Game Set Match, Winner: Non Era Peoples! Now can we discuss ridicule?

Old 08-14-2010, 02:35 AM
Developer
FantasyX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to FantasyX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post

Once again, I'm not saying Chris wasn't a valuable scripter. I am fully aware he's brilliant at coding and helped contribute a lot towards various development.

You can't critique someone's management when you don't play the server they manage.

It's as simple as that, and you guys just keep repeating "you lose" without any constructive argument except for kia's one or two arguments about opinions.

Torque
Old 08-14-2010, 02:37 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
What your community does is be petty. They lie to each other, declare everyone is inferior, is constantly unstable in either its staff lineup, economy, or player run franchises, and just overall becomes an undesirable place for more slow-paced people. Era's community is guilty of being unnecessarily hostile to everyone.

Me, I'm guilty of judging them.

Quote:
What you're implying is that I, as a Graal player/developer, active forum user, and flirty creeper, do not know anything about Chris, his reign, or Era's management situations; That just because I do not constantly play Era, I do not have a variety of connections to the server, and some understanding of what Chris does as a past fellow GK-developer/player/acquaintance.

That is just silly, and, ill-informed!

Quote:
Do you play Era? No.
I played enough to know I did not like the community. And I tried to get back into it multiple times over the years. It is very short-sighted of you to assume that just because you have not seen more on one of Graal's most populated servers that I have never been a player.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me;
That just because I do not constantly play Era, I do not have a variety of connections to the server
Quote:
u so mad
Old 08-14-2010, 02:37 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Once again, I'm not saying Chris wasn't a valuable scripter. I am fully aware he's brilliant at coding and helped contribute a lot towards various development.

You can't critique someone's management when you don't play the server they manage.

It's as simple as that, and you guys just keep repeating "you lose" without any constructive argument except for kia's one or two arguments about opinions.
Now let me ask your opinion on "Playing" Is it 3 days a week for 6 hours straight kind of playing or can it be an occasion pick up and put down deal? Because than I do have a right to my opinion according to your "criteria". You really don't need to have an intellects discussion about Era at all, So stop trying to make more than there is. I'm not making a big arguement over this because it's unnecessary.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:38 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Have I never said he was a good Manager? No, because I have no idea if we was or was not a good Manager but I do know the commitment and time he put into Era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Now let me ask your opinion on "Playing" Is it 3 days a week for 6 hours straight kind of playing or can it be an occasion pick up and put down deal? Because than I do have a right to my opinion according to your "criteria". You really don't need to have an intellects discussion about Era at all, So stop trying to make more than there is. I'm not making a big arguement over this because it's unnecessary.
I logged on Era last week and shot Kale with a Shotgun, Do you think that counts?
Old 08-14-2010, 02:38 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
If you're going to post in our sub-forum, be informed before you post in a thread about Era's community or how so-and-so is [insert adjective here].

I'm tired of seeing people from other servers come into our sub-forum and tell us how our community is "stupid" and we're always making mistakes.

TL;DR
If you don't play Era, and you're going to make uniformed posts,

**** off.

Thanks,
The Era Community

hey i did not read your thread but please stop ****ting up the New Posts page with your ****ty subforum threads
Old 08-14-2010, 02:39 AM
Glock is an unknown quantity at this point
Shut the **** up.
Closed Thread