Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Delteria Main Forum > Delteria News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
Hope you get the help you need, Cloven.
Yeah same.. had a few contacts already, so hopefully that is a good sign.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:55 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Whatever happened to MD working there? he asked for some help one day, pm'd him back and I haven't seen much of him at all after that XD
Old 02-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Delteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Whatever happened to MD working there? he asked for some help one day, pm'd him back and I haven't seen much of him at all after that XD
MD no longer works on Graal to my knowledge. He was doing some web programming last time I talked to him. It just didn't work out on Delteria, for one reason or another.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:43 AM
(Developer)
DarkIceX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven View Post
MD no longer works on Graal to my knowledge. He was doing some web programming last time I talked to him. It just didn't work out on Delteria, for one reason or another.
I'm not going to lie, I'd like to come back and help. The server was amazing when I worked on it alongside MD, and I'm sure you guys have gotten a lot more done.

If you'll have me back, that is.

Bloodvayne
Old 02-23-2010, 01:10 AM
Delteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkIceX View Post
I'm not going to lie, I'd like to come back and help. The server was amazing when I worked on it alongside MD, and I'm sure you guys have gotten a lot more done.

If you'll have me back, that is.
Sure thing man. Will contact you when I get back tonight.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:25 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I actually like the chat bubbles, it's a new and interesting idea, and if done right could remove unwanted clutter from the screen (text onscreen limitations so you don't have people 'Q'ing the entire screen, being able to bring certain text to front if you clicked on the player, etc would be great features).

I don't really like the Zombie Outbreak event screenshots (too much orange blood?), nor the ET lobby (terrible color combination). I like pretty much everything else though you should really look into getting someone new for your grass tiling. I LOVE the Pig Man boss, and the idea of Faerie town, very Zelda-ish!

I honestly hope you get volunteers, if it wasn't gold required I'd do some LAT work for you.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:29 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I actually like the chat bubbles, it's a new and interesting idea, and if done right could remove unwanted clutter from the screen (text onscreen limitations so you don't have people 'Q'ing the entire screen, being able to bring certain text to front if you clicked on the player, etc would be great features).
I don't see how you can remove clutter with a bubbly system. Limiting chat spam can already easily be done with script with default chat. Click thing is interesting, but I think only necessary to compensate for bubbles taking up the screen.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:44 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I don't see how you can remove clutter with a bubbly system. Limiting chat spam can already easily be done with script with default chat. Click thing is interesting, but I think only necessary to compensate for bubbles taking up the screen.
have you entered a level where 20 people have chat onscreen at the same time? Nothing is readable. With bubbles and clicking, you could grab a player and bring their text to the front.

But enough justifying, I honestly doubt they even considered this as an idea.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:11 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
have you entered a level where 20 people have chat onscreen at the same time? Nothing is readable. With bubbles and clicking, you could grab a player and bring their text to the front.

But enough justifying, I honestly doubt they even considered this as an idea.
I'd rather enter a level of 20 people talking with default than with bubbles.

However, I think a chat log would better maintain chat in any circumstance.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:21 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
There are other benefits as well, like text wrapping, custom emoticons, etc.

Why would you want to enter a level with 20 people chatting with default anyways? How could you understand a word that was being said?
Old 02-23-2010, 03:26 AM
Quote:

Why would you want to enter a level with 20 people chatting with default anyways? How could you understand a word that was being said?
Like I said, clutter is clutter. Even if default is cluttered, entering a room with 20 people chatting with bubbles is going to mean a lot of space taken up by images instead of transparency, and a lot of images being drawn which is just going to slow stuff down.

Already mentioned, I'd much prefer logs for chat either way.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:46 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Awesome graphics. I hope you get the project going and I suggest you to release at least a decent part of the server to attract people, this can get developers more motivated :P

Global News Team @ your service =D
Old 02-23-2010, 04:49 AM
Delteria
Quote:

I personally dislike the default chat more that customizable bubbles, but that's just me. The chat bubbles can be toggled on and off at the moment anyway, and do not use any noteworthy amount of resources. Finishing them isn't super-high on the priority list right this minute anyway.

@ Nataxo: I think it'll be moving along here soon barring anything weird happening. I've received a good amount of feedback and interest from this thread so far. And uh, a preview may be possible shortly before an actual release. Last time (2007) an idiot released the Port Town with nothing in it and Delt went from 200 players to a death spiral in five days, heh. Not interested in repeating that, and everyone deserves better.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:57 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven View Post
Last time (2007) an idiot released the Port Town with nothing in it and Delt went from 200 players to a death spiral in five days, heh.
Was that when there was just the one town that was all gray and there was text rolling across the screen asking to contact someone to be hired?
I never understood why someone released that Although it was more like 15 players.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:25 PM
FuManchu is an unknown quantity at this point
The screenshots look pretty kidsy, but otherwise the server looks really nice.