Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-07-2009, 12:14 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Stop using the leadership problems as an excuse and show some initiative .
Unfortunately due to time constraints such as college, managing/scripting on Zodiac, etc. Attempting to do the job of the people who started the group is at the bottom of my priorities.

If they aren't going to do anything with the group, they should just get rid of it, cause this limbo state that we're currently in sucks but maybe someday it'll get better or we'll just end up being Stefan's slaves if we're lucky.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:38 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Unfortunately due to time constraints such as college, managing/scripting on Zodiac, etc. Attempting to do the job of the people who started the group is at the bottom of my priorities.
You designated it a priority to help them with their job when you signed up.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:43 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:

If they aren't going to do anything with the group, they should just get rid of it, cause this limbo state that we're currently in sucks but maybe someday it'll get better or we'll just end up being Stefan's slaves if we're lucky.
It's a shame hearing that from you since you're one of the people who's actually done things (e.g. your scripting tutorial).

In other news, I started the GDT page. It should be accurate, though I still need to fill in the other members. If anyone wants to help, that'd be great as well.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:53 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
You designated it a priority to help them with their job when you signed up.
Helping Graal and it's community yes, becoming a GDT Leader no, which was mainly what I was referring to.

I wish we didn't need gold to edit the Wiki.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:15 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
I wish we didn't need gold to edit the Wiki.
I agree. Apparently it's to prevent vandalism, though that's totally pointless on such a small wiki.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:17 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I agree. Apparently it's to prevent vandalism, though that's totally pointless on such a small wiki.
Does the wiki have some kind of system where you can "approve" people that can edit the wiki?
Old 12-07-2009, 05:43 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Does the wiki have some kind of system where you can "approve" people that can edit the wiki?
Nope, and i think that'd be really dumb anyway.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Nope, and i think that'd be really dumb anyway.
No it wouldn't, you could have it so that people with gold can edit while classic and trial members can be approved to contribute as well. It would solve the "vandalism" bit and allow more people access. This is all assuming vandalism is really that big of an issue, which it probably isn't.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:03 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
No it wouldn't, you could have it so that people with gold can edit while classic and trial members can be approved to contribute as well. It would solve the "vandalism" bit and allow more people access. This is all assuming vandalism is really that big of an issue, which it probably isn't.
That'd involve creating a new usergroup on the wiki, which would take longer than most extremely small edits on these forums. I'm trying to ignore that we have to pay more to contribute, but i guess this would be good in the long run.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:31 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
That'd involve creating a new usergroup on the wiki, which would take longer than most extremely small edits on these forums. I'm trying to ignore that we have to pay more to contribute, but i guess this would be good in the long run.
It is possible to add people without a valid gold subscription to have full access to the wiki.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:47 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
GDT needs to be more than just "lets try to help out servers and people every now and then!11" because honestly even I've been doing this on and off for years for random servers both public and private. GDT needs to be a real global team. They need to be able to pull off big tasks such as Graalympics with ease and excel in every aspect of development while being able to work together. This is a very high standard, imo, and reaching it will be quite difficult.
come on dude, even i ran graalympics once
Old 12-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
If GDT members are expected to show initiative and do things themselves, then disband the GDT. There's basically no need to be all dramatic and consider them globals, set Roles and Goals ect, if that's the case. Leadership of a small group such as the GDT in a community such as our own, is necessary, and a valid excuse.
I'm not saying the GDT can be fully functional and do the things we want it to do without strong leadership, but its members shouldn't use that as an excuse for doing nothing. There's a few people out there who have already proven that they don't need a big boss man to start helping (eg Jerret, Chris and Dusty), but on the other hand there's people who are sitting on their GDT tag because "they don't have a leader".

Please correct me if I'm wrong though...I don't want to bash people just because I'm unaware of what they're doing.

If any GDT Graphics Artists are looking for something to do, Era has been trying to find someone to upgrade our tileset for months
Old 12-08-2009, 01:06 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
There isn't a system to approve individual modifications, but there is a system that autoapproves users to the Graal Bible. The permissions can be modified so that only certain groups can be allowed to edit. It would require that a new user group be made, and I'm not sure if Stefan is comfortable with changing the PHP file. Instructions can be found here. The difficulty arises because we aren't using a most current version, our version is quite old. There are difficulties because of the way accounts are created because I think the graal.net accounts are linked to Graal accounts.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:15 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
The difficulty arises because we aren't using a most current version, our version is quite old. There are difficulties because of the way accounts are created because I think the graal.net accounts are linked to Graal accounts.
I know Stefan has allowed somebody without a valid gold subscription to contribute to the graal bible in the past and the Graal Bible is now using the latest version of MediaWiki which was updated while it was offline (possibly because it may fix some of the security issues that might have caused the the wiki/support center to go offline).
Old 12-08-2009, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
come on dude, even i ran graalympics once
lol, what?