FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
6?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Got Graal?
Dizturbed is an unknown quantity at this point
Graal 2001 rocks, but what originally caused it to lose popularity? I remember it losing playercount fast, but not why.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Drake
camelback is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Bring Graal2001 Back to Life

Greatest server ever made in the history of this game being designed. Bring Graal2001 back to life.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Banned
fragman85 is on a distinguished road
This will never happen, forget it
Old 04-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Merged with the other thread pretty much saying the same thing.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelback View Post
Greatest server ever made in the history of this game being designed. Bring Graal2001 back to life.
lol its will stay under dev forever
Old 04-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Drake
camelback is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

The point is, this game has gone down hill. I see it now as a interactive AIM with mini games involved. There isnt that feel of guilds competing against one another, the RP of past kingdoms who formed alliances and had enemies. The greatest era graal has ever seen was from around 2001-2003. When graal2001 was shifted into Graal Kingdoms, this game died. Era was actually a very good server to play on after the fact that you had to have a gold subscription to play on Kingdoms. But since era has become even worse and will never be the same again. I would say it would be in the best interest of Graal to bring back all of the old levels all of the original ET games. Bring it back to what it was always known for and what it has always stood for.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelback View Post
The point is, this game has gone down hill. I see it now as a interactive AIM with mini games involved. There isnt that feel of guilds competing against one another, the RP of past kingdoms who formed alliances and had enemies. The greatest era graal has ever seen was from around 2001-2003. When graal2001 was shifted into Graal Kingdoms, this game died. Era was actually a very good server to play on after the fact that you had to have a gold subscription to play on Kingdoms. But since era has become even worse and will never be the same again. I would say it would be in the best interest of Graal to bring back all of the old levels all of the original ET games. Bring it back to what it was always known for and what it has always stood for.
I agree the game has gone downhill, and so has the drive of most of the people that have worked on this project. Due to the game going downhill talented developers such as Konidias, Dusty, and a lot of people who the server has depended upon are all just moving on. I'm not battling against the owners of the game in order to get them to start appreciating developers more, just so I can develop a server for them. This is supposed to be a hobby not a chore, but I can't change that until the game starts to get a grip in general and appreciates what it has.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
G2k1 what.
it went down hill when graal 2002 or graal kingdoms came out because it was newer and the mass majority of people wanted this new thing. Just like how people left the NES for the SNES. but there is still quite a seizable group that prefers NES over SNES aka G2K1 over G2k2

anyways it probably started sucking when i stopped working there ;]
Old 04-10-2009, 12:27 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Graal2001 was really Graal's big success... if Cyberjoueurs as a company had focused on this idea it wouldn't have turned up such a failure. There is no evidence supporting the idea that Graal2001 doesn't work fantastically as an MMO (supporting it is the fact that it was successful and cost players money simultaneously).

It was certainly Graal2002/Kingdoms that made people move on to the next thing..

And further on this point, I don't believe Konidias, Dusty, or any specific developer is absolutely necessary to develop the server, because this was never the truth. Graal2001 has been created eclectically by many developers. Some are very important... and others came in with ideas that were so crucially important (Antago with Bomys, for example) who did not provide necessary development skill.

Players have more to do with it than anything. Every single time Graal2001 has been re-released, 300+ players showed up for it. They stuck around for weeks and even months each time, as well. Lance simply did not have the scripting help to continue fixing bugs while coming up with weekly and daily updates. It was a very dramatic time for the few scripters we had.

When it comes down to it, Graal2001 is a recipe for success. If the manager is pessimistic about this fact, he will only learn later on what the possibilities are and in what realm of plausible success the design of the game lies.

I always hope a sort of optimism rises about this server because I know it will not be forgotten by any of the players that enjoyed it.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:35 AM
You're missing the point completely, but I'll address those that are supposedly addressing mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
And further on this point, I don't believe Konidias, Dusty, or any specific developer is absolutely necessary to develop the server, because this was never the truth. Graal2001 has been created eclectically by many developers. Some are very important... and others came in with ideas that were so crucially important (Antago with Bomys, for example) who did not provide necessary development skill.

Players have more to do with it than anything. Every single time Graal2001 has been re-released, 300+ players showed up for it. They stuck around for weeks and even months each time, as well. Lance simply did not have the scripting help to continue fixing bugs while coming up with weekly and daily updates. It was a very dramatic time for the few scripters we had.
You have taken what I said and concluded that I believe that a server depends entirely upon certain individuals developing it, which would be a stupid statement for anyone to make. It is imperative for a server revival (because that's what it is) to have quality developers working on it, and you've proven this yourself.

A server cannot run on concepts alone, because if that was the case then the server would be released now; concepts are the basis for development. Graal2001 has always relied upon quality developers (for their time) too, including both Konidias and Antago, who have done a lot more for it than you seem to think. Antago may have created the concept of the Bomies, but in addition to this he also created the base image for them, as well as most of Graal2001's other graphics. Antago was a developer not just a concept artist, and the server may have been made with many different developers like him, but there are hardly any at current.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
When it comes down to it, Graal2001 is a recipe for success. If the manager is pessimistic about this fact, he will only learn later on what the possibilities are and in what realm of plausible success the design of the game lies.
If I was a pessimist regarding how successful a Graal2001 could be, I wouldn't even be working on the project because there would be absolutely no reason for me to stay on it. I'm a realist, and this server revival is not a plausible concept without the quality developers that Graal is missing.