Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 07:30 PM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
A good way to keep the economy stable would be if people had to pay Taxes, please god tell me you thought of that already
Old 01-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Lucas
Yocas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Yocas Send a message via MSN to Yocas Send a message via Yahoo to Yocas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
No the current team just got in control. Give us a little while, we kind of had to hit the ground running. We will find a solution and we will keep the players involved in our decisions.
I'm just tired of seeing the same pattern.

Staff team quit >> era's depression >> new staff hired >> minor progress >> staff loses interest >> staff team quit >> repeat x4

Seriously, please make a difference this time guys. I'm really starting to lose hope in this server.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:01 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
See above. We can't reset till we are sure the economy can control itself. We have checks and balances being put in place to ensure the reset would be the last one.
I can assure you that the direction you guys are going in, you will never fix the economy.

but no, don't listen to Frankie.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
I can assure you that the direction you guys are going in, you will never fix the economy.

DON'T LISTEN TO FRANKIE!!!
he knows what he is talking about.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 01-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Freudian_slip is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Well, I see what you are saying about having no owner at all eliminates the money completely rather than paying a owner, but...

You also have to realize people are going to be buying these businesses from auctions so that itself elminates a large sum of cash and if they lose it it's auctioned again....continued cycle. Also, it still eliminates cash with rent and other fees and adds to the "fun factor" of the server by allowing someone to role play a business owner.

I personally love the idea even if it may or may not be more economy friendly than just making them NPC ran.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel
Quote:

I'll listen to Frankie if Frankie gives constructive criticism vs "You guys suck LOL this wont work". We are all prepared to listen and open to ideas but I need to see them structured in a constructive way.

I hate resets but I agree it needs to happen but I think we need to make changes. I've outlined alot of changes to our staff. You are welcome to pm me in game or on forums and I'll share them with you and listen to your input.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:24 PM
xChugxLifex
Auctioning items and businesses isn't the key to fixing the economy. Just because you're removing money out of the economy doesn't mean you're fixing it at all. It helps, but over time it's not going to mean anything at all. I've explained it many times.

Say someone buys Speedy Pizza for 200k.
200k was removed out of the economy.
Now the owner is selling pizza so he can make back the money he spent buying the business.
Players buy pizza, and the owner eventually raises 200k.

Where did that 200k come from? Players.
Where did the players get the money from? Jobs like mining / flower picking.
Where does the money come from these jobs? Nowhere. The money is added into the economy with no definite source.

You may take out 200k, but no matter what the 200k is going to creep back into the economy, thus all this auctioning is worthless.

edit:
Angel, before you were even hired back I've posted quite a few times in a constructive way about why certain things in the economy won't work. Nobody listened to me. The insulting is just a result of that.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Auctioning items and businesses isn't the key to fixing the economy. Just because you're removing money out of the economy doesn't mean you're fixing it at all. It helps, but over time it's not going to mean anything at all. I've explained it many times.

Now the owner is selling pizza so he can make back the money he spent buying the business.

Where does the money come from these jobs? Nowhere. The money is added into the economy with no definite source.

You may take out 200k, but no matter what the 200k is going to creep back into the economy, thus all this auctioning is worthless.

@ Angel: I've been posting a lot of things regarding Era's economy in a constructive way, before you were hired back, and nobody listens to me.
output -> input
200k gone, 200k added.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 01-26-2009, 09:30 PM
xChugxLifex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deas_Voice View Post
output -> input
200k gone, 200k added.
Indeed. It's a very simple concept that a lot of people don't seem to understand.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Lucas
Send a message via AIM to Yocas Send a message via MSN to Yocas Send a message via Yahoo to Yocas
Yeah, I love the sense of having players own businesses as well. Mainly because it gives the players something to work on and keep themselves busy.

But, like I've said millions of times, it would really stretch the opportunities for players if you added more in-depth jobs such as factory work or an industrial job that involves the use of "assembly" lines. You could even tie them along with the current businesses and have them be used to supply their products.

Enough with the same old typical mining and fishing jobs, go for something new and different.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:37 PM
xChugxLifex
A lot of things sound good on paper but when it comes time to implement them into the server it can turn out messy.

I wouldn't mind seeing an actual money flow in the economy.

From the reset, money is given to the businesses. The businesses pay factories of some sort to supply materials to do whatever. This will start putting money into player hands. The players then spend their money on items the businesses produce. Starting a whole cycle..

Get rid of NPC jobs and make all the jobs getting paid from another player. This will also eliminate money just being added into the economy from nowhere.

But like I said. Sounds good on paper, might be hard to actually do.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

edit:
Angel, before you were even hired back I've posted quite a few times in a constructive way about why certain things in the economy won't work. Nobody listened to me. The insulting is just a result of that.
that gave me a good idea (or atleast imo). What IF mining, flowering and any other non player business turned into a player business? Of course flowering would be useless but other things wouldnt. Of course more businesses would need to come out so theres enough jobs for new players to get started and such, but it would alteast stop new money from coming into the server.

Now someone is probablly going to say, why what about peopel that just need a little cash every now and then? Well there could be player businesses that buy stuff from players. For example, Ammo Mart ad Gun Point im sure could always use leader, and buy it from players.

Flowering, uh mailing, and those other ones would have to be deleted, but new oens could come out.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:43 PM
xChugxLifex
eh, just read my above post. It'd be better off just eliminating them and making new jobs.
mining can still be used for business purposes, but don't make it so you can sell your stuff to an NPC to make money.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel
Quote:
A lot of things sound good on paper but when it comes time to implement them into the server it can turn out messy.

I wouldn't mind seeing an actual money flow in the economy.

From the reset, money is given to the businesses. The businesses pay factories of some sort to supply materials to do whatever. This will start putting money into player hands. The players then spend their money on items the businesses produce. Starting a whole cycle..

Get rid of NPC jobs and make all the jobs getting paid from another player. This will also eliminate money just being added into the economy from nowhere.

But like I said. Sounds good on paper, might be hard to actually do.
Please don't take what I'm doing now as a way to fix the economy, It's a way to give the players something to do. The economy is past saving at this time. I just want the players to enjoy the time we have left.

I'm coding up a system that can monitor inflation and keep track of money coming in and out.
We are coming up with ways to get money in and out as fast as possible.
I will listen to you if you ever want to sit down and talk via PM.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Lucas
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
that gave me a good idea (or atleast imo). What IF mining, flowering and any other non player business turned into a player business? Of course flowering would be useless but other things wouldnt. Of course more businesses would need to come out so theres enough jobs for new players to get started and such, but it would alteast stop new money from coming into the server.

Now someone is probablly going to say, why what about peopel that just need a little cash every now and then? Well there could be player businesses that buy stuff from players. For example, Ammo Mart ad Gun Point im sure could always use leader, and buy it from players.

Flowering, uh mailing, and those other ones would have to be deleted, but new oens could come out.
I like the concept but that sounds like something that Frankie is talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
Sounds good on paper, might be hard to actually do.