Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 03:04 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Graal is about money.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:24 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Most of them didn't know they could.
And this would change if we went back somehow? Even now, there are plenty of subscribers who don't even know about the forums. The classic accounts aren't needed. Even if just everyone with some sort of gold subscription posted, there would be huge activity. But they don't. And even though I've tried, I can't get them to.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:36 AM
That guy with a beard
PrinceOfKenshin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
I would imagine that Unixmad would stop reading here. Insulting the owner is not the way to get things done.
Unixmad and Stefan, both do read the suggestions on these forums, but they do not have to be insulted.
Calling Unixmad greedy is not an insult. And if you kept reading my post you would have notice i said i don't mean to be a jerk (i used another word but that is not the point). I am more than happy with what Unixmad and Stefan have provided us. I however do think if they were to maybe make a better option for people to get on the forums that would make everyone a lot more happier.

Once again <b>i'm not insulting unixmad</b> but i am however very pissed about the fact that i am starting to have to pay for everything. Nothing draws more people than a 2 for 1 deal trust me i know i'm a customer.

Quote:
Game Master (Server): Greetings PrinceOfKenshin, there are new posts on the forums that demand your urgent attention! God speed, the fate of the world is in your hands. If you fail, middle earth will forever be in the darkness and your children will be enslaved by McKain.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:57 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
*sigh*.....

These forums are a privillege and part of the features you get when you pay for graal. Be noticed that these forums cost money too to run.(Vbulletin)

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 10-07-2007, 07:05 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
These forums are a privillege and part of the features you get when you pay for graal. Be noticed that these forums cost money too to run.(Vbulletin)
This is relevant only if you believe Graal is making more money from having the forums be part of the subscription package than they would from having them be available to lifetime classic accounts or "everyone".
Old 10-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Actually i kinda take back that forums cost money statement as i figured out this is a owner liscence.

Nevertheless its still part of their features list. More money, probably not.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 10-07-2007, 11:07 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
It does confuse me how we have forums for various classic servers yet classic account can't post in them (I think?).
Old 10-07-2007, 01:29 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
People with lifetime classic (back when you could still actually buy lifetime classic) got forum access for quite a while and it didn't make much difference to activity levels.
Activity has gone down a bit. Before, Graal could pull off the forum p2p thing because G2k1 and later on GK were popular....now they got nothing.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Activity has gone down a bit. Before, Graal could pull off the forum p2p thing because G2k1 and later on GK were popular....now they got nothing.
give it time, I'm sure graal just needs one project to be done and if it's done right, they're getting somewhere.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:42 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Quote:
a bit.
So we're talking about very little either way in terms of both money and activity.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
So we're talking about very little either way in terms of both money and activity.
A bit as in a significant bit, not a "i got a lil bit of change left kekeke". IM SORRY FOR NOT BEING CLEAR.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:39 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Quote:
A bit as in a significant bit, not a "i got a lil bit of change left kekeke". IM SORRY FOR NOT BEING CLEAR.
Are you talking about more than $100 per year?
Old 10-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Are you talking about more than $100 per year?
I'm talking about forum activity not money. The place felt more alive before the forum went P2P-only again.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:06 PM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
Nothing is really said here anymore to encourage someone to want to post. Most discussions are overly moderated, there's a ridiculous amount of content deleted as spam, ect. Most servers have their own forums which allow more free discussions.

Besides, nothing exciting happens on Graal that you'd want to talk about on a forum really.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit
Old 10-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiration View Post
Besides, nothing exciting happens on Graal that you'd want to talk about on a forum really.
omg did u hear about jeny aprarently she wantz 2 taek alex to the dance :O