Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
I'm going to be a meanie-pants here, but whatever. This whole thread seems like one big insult anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Light
I'm just going to put in my two cents(even though they do not matter). But I've worked with MoonDeath on 2 servers I now believe. He did help out alot with more than just scripts. His scripts were amazing though. He will always be a trusted staff and friend to me.
Allow me to make a simple, yet relevant analogy. Pretend you were a kid that didn't know how to read, and you sat next to the author of "See Spot Run." I'm quite certain that you would think that the book he wrote was a masterpiece, a work of art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys
I beleive that was his whole point. It's called irony.
It's not irony, it's sarcasm.

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 05-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApothiX
I'm going to be a meanie-pants here, but whatever. This whole thread seems like one big insult anyway.

Allow me to make a simple, yet relevant analogy. Pretend you were a kid that didn't know how to read, and you sat next to the author of "See Spot Run." I'm quite certain that you would think that the book he wrote was a masterpiece, a work of art.

It's not irony, it's sarcasm.
l o l

See Spot Run!

Step 7 ( I think were up to this ) - Make fun of all idiots. Also, stay 'cool', don't let anyone know you want too be a global really bad... Moon :P
Old 05-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Super Villain
ViCtOrEhEhEh is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ViCtOrEhEhEh
Quote:
Hahahaha Okie, I havent seen you in forever. :P

*Contacts*
E-Mail: [email protected]
AIM: Albo Playah
Old 05-02-2006, 12:55 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
You underestimate Moondeath. He really is quite the great scripter. I know better, but he is definately great.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 05-02-2006, 01:25 AM
Super Villain
ViCtOrEhEhEh is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ViCtOrEhEhEh
Guys, I am the greatest scripter since God himself.

*Contacts*
E-Mail: [email protected]
AIM: Albo Playah
Old 05-02-2006, 01:27 AM
Scripter
ZeLpH_MyStiK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to ZeLpH_MyStiK Send a message via Yahoo to ZeLpH_MyStiK
Quote:
You underestimate Moondeath. He really is quite the great scripter. I know better, but he is definately great.
It's not you recognizing Moondeath's scripting skills that counts, it's that of the actual managers/staffers of GraalOnline.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:51 AM
Space Monkeys, everywhere
DeathChill is on a distinguished road
Well, being a global is pretty boring actually. I got hired by James to be an Account Manager and then he quit a month or so later and made me Account Admin.

It was seriously the most boring AND EASY JOB EVER. All you have to do is check the email, which isn't all that bad, and go on the servers and see where you can help. I never ever got overworked doing it, so I never understood why all the previous Account Admin's talked about how 'hard' it was. I basically did it by myself completely as Angelos, my only Account Manager, disappeared.

I also remember a funny situation where someone told Unixmad that I was unbanning accounts that had used fraudulent credit cards to upgrade and he took away my powers without even verifying any of it. James had to go on every server and get the logs, which proved I had never done it.

It's really not all that great, the only cool thing I ever really got was getting to work on Graal2002 (Kingdoms) way before it was released. However, that was due to me being a Level Maker on 2001.

EDIT: Also, I will pipe in that I hated going on N-Pulse because MoonGod/Goddess were weirdo's about globals. I signed on to ensure that an account that had been pretending to be me hadn't signed on and tried to trick anybody and they tried to ban my account, which of course didn't work. Every single time I went on there they made sure it was a pain.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:19 AM
"..."
Moondeath_2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Moondeath_2 Send a message via MSN to Moondeath_2 Send a message via Yahoo to Moondeath_2
Quote:
I've been lazy and busy with things in real life to be scripting things for graal lately and people do underestimate my scripting abilities and the problem of me being lazy lately. And plus I think me positioning in Playerworld administrator would be better right now since the Pwa count is dropping quickly there is about (3) remaining I belive (1 idler, 1 inactive, 1 quitting) and the Z quit (GrowlZ) and Malinko has been fired I have reason to belive so he told me he quit but yeah.
Gscript, Playerworld Rules, Support Center
Old 05-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill
EDIT: Also, I will pipe in that I hated going on N-Pulse because MoonGod/Goddess were weirdo's about globals. I signed on to ensure that an account that had been pretending to be me hadn't signed on and tried to trick anybody and they tried to ban my account, which of course didn't work. Every single time I went on there they made sure it was a pain.
I wish I knew what you were talking about, or who you are.
I assure you that we never ever tried to ban someone because they were a global.
I do not remember the situation at all, but it might be that we had a serious problem with someone pretending to be a global, and thought you were the person, or maybe we didn't know that you were an actual global at the time, but we did not have a problem with any globals at all. There had to be more to it then that. Anyway, I apologize if there were any misunderstandings
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 05-02-2006, 09:14 PM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Believe me, I know exactly how amazing Moondeath is.

I hired him on my server awhile ago. He made this really awesome† script that shot idle ganis at an NPC that had an actionprojectile call that made the NPC say something.

That was the only thing he made on my server, so I fired him because he never did any work that was actually related to the server. He begged for his job back and promised he'd do work, I rehired him. He did no work for about a month or two, so I fired him again. A month later he realised and PMed me and asked why he was fired.

† this is sarcasm, for those who do not realise it.

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 05-02-2006, 09:23 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:

I hired him on my server awhile ago. He made this really awesome† script that shot idle ganis at an NPC that had an actionprojectile call that made the NPC say something.

That was the only thing he made on my server, so I fired him because he never did any work that was actually related to the server. He begged for his job back and promised he'd do work, I rehired him. He did no work for about a month or two, so I fired him again. A month later he realised and PMed me and asked why he was fired.

A person being considered for a global should not be based on scripting skills anyway. I don't know why this is even being harped on.
But, what you mentioned about activity as far as the job goes, should be in my opinion, as well as a persons actions on playerworlds that he/she has worked on or played/plays on.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 05-03-2006, 05:14 AM
Space Monkeys, everywhere
DeathChill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
I wish I knew what you were talking about, or who you are.
I assure you that we never ever tried to ban someone because they were a global.
I do not remember the situation at all, but it might be that we had a serious problem with someone pretending to be a global, and thought you were the person, or maybe we didn't know that you were an actual global at the time, but we did not have a problem with any globals at all. There had to be more to it then that. Anyway, I apologize if there were any misunderstandings
I signed onto RC to check the stats of the account that I figured was me. You, I believe, banned my account and disconnected me and I just reconnected to RC. Every other time I went on I got a whole "Who are you and why are you on here?" and I'd explain that I was the Account Admin and they'd say "why do you need to be on here? Can't you go on another server?" It got old, fast.

You seem nice enough though and you always used to sit on Classic in that one spot, like I do, so you're awesome in my books. xD
Old 05-03-2006, 05:20 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:

What does laziness have to do with skill? Absolutely nothing.
Some of the stuff he's done on Kudosai is quite amazing, I think. Nothing others couldn't do I'm sure, including yourself, but better than alot of people could do.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 05-03-2006, 07:14 AM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
Today, moondeath told me hes better then every scripter in graal, except Yen + GST.

Amazing, then I said Napo was better then him. He said HAHAHAHAHA no way, then said setnick Moondeath (#gscript)

and I said: Nice fake 'scripting' tag, and he is like it's real!

I am like.. yeah.. real.. a player-made guild of the irc channel name..plz
Old 05-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill
I signed onto RC to check the stats of the account that I figured was me. You, I believe, banned my account and disconnected me and I just reconnected to RC. Every other time I went on I got a whole "Who are you and why are you on here?" and I'd explain that I was the Account Admin and they'd say "why do you need to be on here? Can't you go on another server?" It got old, fast.
That's weird, because I have never acted like that with a global that I recall

Quote:
You seem nice enough though and you always used to sit on Classic in that one spot, like I do, so you're awesome in my books. xD
Thanks
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST