Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Hello and Goodbyes
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2006, 02:46 AM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
there is NO good reason for suicide
I didn't say that there is a reason for suicide. But nobody knows what he was feeling, and nobody will never know. I just think that idiot comments wouldn't be good here.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:44 AM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Wow, talk about a shock. I hopped on my brother's computer over the weekend and got on the forums for about 5 minutes and saw the thread Shawn64 and assumed that it was a birthday thread, so I never clicked on it. Talk about sad.

But yeah, there is no real good reason. I personally think that things like blogs and new trends increase suicides becuase people think they they have a worse life then they actually do. Now I have no way to prove that this applies to Shawn, but I'm just making a point.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:03 AM
Dark Nations Manager
refinoheat2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to refinoheat2 Send a message via MSN to refinoheat2
Quote:
One thing I always said about death, is that you should forget the death part. Celebrate the person's life, think of the good times. I'd hate for there to be people crying or arguing at my funeral.

I agree, although I as well as some of you might not like the way he died or his choice in doing so, why not just stick to the good stuff he did while he was here.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:19 AM
Shangri-La Staff
Faygolette is on a distinguished road
Quote:
One thing I always said about death, is that you should forget the death part. Celebrate the person's life, think of the good times. I'd hate for there to be people crying or arguing at my funeral.

I tried thinking of the good times. Then I got depressed because I realized there wouldn't BE anymore good times.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrs
I didn't say that there is a reason for suicide. But nobody knows what he was feeling, and nobody will never know. I just think that idiot comments wouldn't be good here.
how is that an idiot comment that he made? Also who are you to tell us what our beliefs are? I havent posted in this thread yet because I didnt really know Shawn, but I did have respect for his talents.

I recall in this thread i think Kuji that Shawn was an Athiest, so if this is true why do you care if someone else thinks he will go to hell? He obviously didnt believe in it.

For everyone who does including myself, we have our own beliefs and it is neither stupid nor *****ic to have them.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Zone Oracle
Huwajux will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Huwajux Send a message via MSN to Huwajux
Shawn was obviously in a very difficult stage of trauma. He couldn't cope with his life, he saw the pain as so unbearable that he had to resort to suicide. At the age of which he was, little problems can build up and you feel that your life couldn't get any worse. They eat away at you... One just has to regain self-control and get through with it. Poor Shawn obviously had it much worse, thus he did what he felt was the only escape.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Banned
Yen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Yen Send a message via MSN to Yen
I think it's about time we all drop the subject and put it behind us? :O
Old 01-23-2006, 10:52 PM
In the real world ogod.
Skrobo2 is on a distinguished road
I agree with Yen. This is a thread to inform people of the death of a friend and for you to show your respects. Not a place for you to argue or discuss your opinions on religion or why he did it. You should just leave your respects and condolences and leave it at that.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Zone Oracle
Huwajux will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Huwajux Send a message via MSN to Huwajux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrobo2
I agree with Yen. This is a thread to inform people of the death of a friend and for you to show your respects. Not a place for you to argue or discuss your opinions on religion or why he did it. You should just leave your respects and condolences and leave it at that.
Amen!
Old 01-23-2006, 11:01 PM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
Quote:
NO!

People are allowed to have their own opinion. Sometimes people say negative things. Get over it. As long as they aren't bashing him for useless reasons, then there is no reason they can't express their opinion. That's in, plain and simple.

People can think what they think, and post what they think, as long as it doesn't cross the line. Where is the line? That is for the mods to decide. But if we are going to start drawing the line at negative opinions of things, then we'll lose a lot of memebers.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Cap' n Jack
Samurai_X2689 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frame
And replace it on the hosted tab as he wanted.
he didnt want it on the hosted tab, it got put there, and then he asked to take it off
he told me like 3 times that he wanted it either on the classic tab, or on no tab at all

and mykel, we know people are allowed to have their own opinion on stuff...its just that this thread isnt the right place to argue
Old 01-24-2006, 05:46 AM
In the real world ogod.
Skrobo2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykel
NO!

People are allowed to have their own opinion. Sometimes people say negative things. Get over it. As long as they aren't bashing him for useless reasons, then there is no reason they can't express their opinion. That's in, plain and simple.

People can think what they think, and post what they think, as long as it doesn't cross the line. Where is the line? That is for the mods to decide. But if we are going to start drawing the line at negative opinions of things, then we'll lose a lot of memebers.
All I'm saying is this thread wasn't made for you to debate why he did it or what you think. This thread was made to inform and for people to show their respects. I'm saying to act more mature and have some respect and find another place to debate your opinions and beliefs. If you want to have a discussion on religion and whether suicide is the worst sin ever then you should have the respect to do it somewhere else. I never said you had to stop posting about it, I said you should. You are entitled to your opinion and you can voice it where you please. I'm just saying if you were more respectful, you would have the courtesy to do it in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
I would rather have dead forums.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:32 AM
"..."
Moondeath_2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Moondeath_2 Send a message via MSN to Moondeath_2 Send a message via Yahoo to Moondeath_2
Quote:
All I'm saying is this thread wasn't made for you to debate why he did it or what you think. This thread was made to inform and for people to show their respects. I'm saying to act more mature and have some respect and find another place to debate your opinions and beliefs. If you want to have a discussion on religion and whether suicide is the worst sin ever then you should have the respect to do it somewhere else. I never said you had to stop posting about it, I said you should. You are entitled to your opinion and you can voice it where you please. I'm just saying if you were more respectful, you would have the courtesy to do it in another thread.
True, I'm tired of users bashing on Shawn and also saying I don't know him or anything and then those who on un walk into his memorial level and disrespect the fact that he has passed away it bothers me badly, if you don't care about him keep your mouth shut if you do get your feelings out.
Gscript, Playerworld Rules, Support Center
Old 01-24-2006, 11:57 AM
D4rKv310c1ty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's more like a label. Anyway, the point is, he caused more pain than he could have been suffereing from. And lonely? Look at all the people who now miss him, somehow, I don't think he was lonely, he had an idea in his head that continually resurfaced. It is a bit cowardly, however, what's done is done, however, now, all we can hope for is for his family and friends to get through this rough time, and for his soul to eventualy find rest. Although hell can be the very oppocite. (btw, don't make this a religious thread, I am expressing my beliefs, you wouldn't be mad that his grave will most likely be at a church, or that a preist will be helping the family out, so don't consider this the beggining of an argument. Although I find that religion can discourage suicide very easily)
Interesting comment, to be honest from the information I gathered Shawn Noel wanted to take his life away because of lonelyness. That seems to be the most reasonable explanation i've heard.

We live in a multi cultural society where friends are a survival tool at school not to get bullied. We all know that the 'loner kid' in the class always gets picked on because he's different and has no friends to the other typical kids. And now Shawns probably become a statistic of those kids.

Of course I dont know for a fact the reason for his death and I hardly knew him but Im explaining the the real possibility about thow that is probably true.

To be honest, we all have rough patches in our teen years, he musta had it bad if he had the guts to take his life away, and c'mon its hard to take your life away it takes GUTS. He must have had a good reason for taking his life away not just some petty one like I dont know, he forgot to eat his breakfast in the morning.

Anyway, I never knew the kid but maybe it'd explain a small amount of stuff, just saying it makes sense he probably killed himself because he was lonered.

makes sense no?
Old 01-24-2006, 12:00 PM
D4rKv310c1ty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And i'm also very much in agreeing to this post.
We have nothing to debate over, whats done is done. Think of the cool times and move on, i'm sure half of you that knew him only knew him through graal and several other ways of communicating. As much as I look up to all the great developers in the world you cant think too much of him because you only knew him over text.

That's the harsh reality of it (for most of you that knew him)

so please dont bite my head off. From what I know he was very respectable for his work, lets keep it there and not make things too personal.
Closed Thread