Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-01-2006, 09:21 AM
GK Manager
Sky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of lightSky is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sky
Blehh, I did 3 immense maps completed all 3 and still didn't get a evil dievil hand... .. How much harder can it get? x.o
Old 01-01-2006, 09:47 AM
CrimzonZero is on a distinguished road
umm how much longer till the events over? I can't find anyone to team up with me *edit* at the time... and it was almost 3am... I was tired... *edit*
and I work a 10 hour day both sunday 1st and monday 2nd... lotsa people requesting off gets me more hours XD but takes away all my free time... hope it lasts for a bit longer...

Last edited by CrimzonZero; 01-01-2006 at 04:46 PM..
Old 01-01-2006, 11:34 AM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
People have sort of come to expect the free items at Christmastime, so that's why this was such a big problem right now.
Quote:
The effort I put into it will not be worth the items on the end.
But really, all of this work in my opinion, isn't worth the out come.
I am bewildered.

Does that means, you don't do the quest event, because it is you too much effort, to play? It can be played very well as role play.

Are you sure to understand the sense of the game?
Please, and I dont talk to you alone and personally:
Stop asking to get items for free.
Stop being lazy.
Stop being inactive.
Play the game!
You complain if someone is bad in role play, here you can teach him how to do RP in a small team.
One thing you need: your brain (or somebody that takes your fun by telling you the secrets).
Old 01-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Nemo
StrykerTFFD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Are you sure to understand the sense of the game?
Please, and I dont talk to you alone and personally:
Stop asking to get items for free.
Stop being lazy.
Stop being inactive.
Play the game!
Sam, considering the amount of people openly complaining about how this quest was done, this kind of response is seriously not called for. You're basicly calling a large portion of the player base lazy, inactive. That's rude. Flat out, rude.

Holiday events are suppose to be fun, enjoyable, and give you a feeling of joy when they're completed. For example, on Guild Wars a battle between the in-game Gods occured. What did the players have to do? Stand by the God of their choice. That's right, stand. Everyone enjoyed the event, the fireworks, the items, it was fun. Maple Story, what happens? Players kill monsters(low level monsters) for various items. There's nothing hard about it. It's fun. These are two examples I've experienced myself, and it would not surprise me if other top games are doing the same for their holidays as I have not heard any complaints from my friends about other game's holiday events.

Now let's turned to Graal's holiday event. Mass amounts of complaints, bugs, and people are not having fun. Loads of work involved, most of which is impossible for low level players, or new players all together, which forces you to trust party members in a game that has no system to prevent scamming/trickery. You call us lazy? Sorry, you're wrong. Your response also makes me believe you aren't listening to the players, a quality any game staff member should quickly pick up on if they wish to be a good staff member.

It's respectable that you're defending the work that was done on the quest, but honestly, there comes a time when the player base is right, and judging from the amount of complaints...I'd say this is one of those cases.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:42 PM
CrimzonZero is on a distinguished road
??? I only asked how much longer its gonna be on XD I don't have much free time today or tomorrow thats all I wanted to know... and originally I thought the event was christmas day only and thought I missed it X.x if its still up and I have the time I will do it otherwise ohwell XD its no big deal no matter how cool the wand is
Old 01-01-2006, 06:24 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerTFFD
Sam, considering the amount of people openly complaining about how this quest was done, this kind of response is seriously not called for. You're basicly calling a large portion of the player base lazy, inactive. That's rude. Flat out, rude.

That's not rude, that's a request!
I guess it is because people don't post in the forum when they satisfied. They only use it to complain.
I got a lot messages from people that say it was fun.
Many people's try to do the quest with items they bought from somebody else. But that will not work.
And that is the reason why I ask people not being inactive. Its more easy to buy the stuff instead of work for it, but that makes no sense for me, sorry.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:37 PM
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
That's not rude, that's a request!
I guess it is because people don't post in the forum when they satisfied. They only use it to complain.
I got a lot messages from people that say it was fun.
Many people's try to do the quest with items they bought from somebody else. But that will not work.
And that is the reason why I ask people not being inactive. Its more easy to buy the stuff instead of work for it, but that makes no sense for me, sorry.
Yet more vague comments with nothing to substantiate the claim.

All I have to say, Sam, is that the Staff makes a game for the players. If the players are obviously not enjoying it en masse, considerations should be given to what the players WOULD like for the next go-around. Now, if Graal had millions of devoted and diehard players; then yes, the Staff could run the game as they themselves envision and tell the disenfranchised majority to start having fun your way or die. Let us not forget, however, that Graal does not have millions of subscribers to draw upon.

This could be considered a moot point on most classic servers, but Kingdoms is one of the two servers currently functioning as a revenue-generator for public subscription. When customers are keeping a server, a game, or any kind of business alive; typical market behavior would be to play to these customer's wants. When players are paying for Graal Kingdoms, they have a right to expect decent quests available to all EQUALLY with or without the dependance on others given the lack of scam-protection. Just as much, they have a right to Staff on the server who don't tell them that if they're not having fun with the playstyle, tough. This isn't about changing the entire system or the server. This is about a single, comparativly microcosmic event: and yet, this describes the server very well. Self-assured and aloof control in a broken system.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:21 PM
OOB
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
If I understood some of you guys right you just want everything for free?

It's no game anymore if you just get and get and get and get stuff for doing nothing. The big problem here is the laziness. Almost noone wants to do anything but complain about thing which can be solved by everyone.
Stop being lazy, start to be active and do something.

The script of a ship can be repaired, a quest can be made and a bug can be fixed by staff.
But the community and the RP'ing can not only be fixed by staffs! If the players don't RP or do other things together even the best system can't help! The best kingdomleader can't keep a kingdom active if the kingdommembers do nothing.

Everyone can help to make a game more fun, everyone! - Think about it...

Forum PM
AIM GraalNeoN
ICQ 201894166
Old 01-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Craigus will become famous soon enough
I have changed my views on this quest it is actually very fun once you get passed the alchemy stage. It does have scam protection, the only thing the leader can choose to scam is the rods and 3 different people have to have the rods to complete the quest so it wouldn't work.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
I am bewildered.

Does that means, you don't do the quest event, because it is you too much effort, to play?
...Yes?

Effort:Outcome ratio is ingraind me my soul.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dNeonb
It's no game anymore if you just get and get and get and get stuff for doing nothing. The big problem here is the laziness. Almost noone wants to do anything but complain about thing which can be solved by everyone.
I totally agree, but good lord, that quest is difficult.

Just for example my two irl friends and I, last night at 1AM, said to "Ok! Let's go do that quest" and then, upon logging on and asking around a bit we saw what needed to be done and every single one of us, even the one friend who will usually do stuff which requires ridiculous levels out energy if he thinks there's any sort of gain in it, said "Good Lord!".

I think it would be a nicea idea next year to have one which just turns the notch down a little.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
This event has its flaws. You do the quest with 2 other friends, what happens if ones to nice of a guy, and the other one doesnt play that often. The friend who doesnt play often logs off. The to nice of a guy wont continue the quest with them. The next day, neither of them are seen, leaving me questless.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:07 AM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigus
I have changed my views on this quest it is actually very fun once you get passed the alchemy stage. It does have scam protection, the only thing the leader can choose to scam is the rods and 3 different people have to have the rods to complete the quest so it wouldn't work.
Yeah I've gotta say that we actually had fun as soon as we got past the alchemy part. (But since the teams got messed up it took a little longer than expected. D: )
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:12 AM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
The evil dievel hand part alone was enough to make this quest not suitable for those under...lets say 20. Thats a good chunk of the population. Laziness or not, immense prices skyrocketed to 5 dias or more, and then those that were at or around lvl 20 would have to struggle very hard to get through the immense, and probably not end up with the hand in the end. It sounds to me like the event was a big success for those who made it past the alch part. Unfortunately, that group is a vast minority.
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 01-08-2006, 04:45 AM
Death is inevitable
BLOODY-SWORD is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to BLOODY-SWORD Send a message via AIM to BLOODY-SWORD Send a message via MSN to BLOODY-SWORD Send a message via Yahoo to BLOODY-SWORD
the quest was frustrating, because alchemy failed 3 times for me, i had to change teams 3 times because people kept abandoming me (team) because they got tired of failing the alchemy, but once you get past the evildevil hand and alchemy, i do admit that it was pretty fun, it's just the alchemy and evildevil's hand that was annoying, but i still liked it, it wasnt HARD it was just annoying at first

If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
I enjoyed the quest, although I had some problems with the Sheppard (I think it was the hardest part to realize that you need to grab him x.x)

It was a nice quest and the price was good, but not too good - just correct balanced.