Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2009, 02:59 PM
SC2 Player
Schetti is on a distinguished road
Server

When I buy a server and my developergold runs out, what happens to the server?
Old 06-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
It will be gone from Graal itself, But when you buy new time you get it back as how it was when you time ran out last time.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
It is simply put offline (local) but the files are stored for a certain time

Old 06-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
It is simply put offline (local) but the files are stored for a certain time
Forever, if I recall correctly
Old 06-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Yeah all your files are stored and you will get everything back when you rent your server again.

Forever is not sure, maybe you'll have nothing when you rent it again (if that's a long time after it ran out) but Stefan keeps everything somewhere for sure.
So you'd just have to ask him for a backup if things are gone, but I doubt this will happen.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post
Forever, if I recall correctly
I bet it isn't for ever, I think it will be removed after 10 Years or something :P
Old 06-28-2009, 05:43 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn View Post
I bet it isn't for ever, I think it will be removed after 10 Years or something :P
Well yes, they just started using the new server registration system (which is based on account name, hence the gserver name of "acc_whatever"), so they would have no way of connecting servers from ten years ago with the ones now.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:36 PM
SC2 Player
Schetti is on a distinguished road
Sorry for LATE answering
Thanks for all your answers
Old 08-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
*question, do you still get an Admin-Playerworld## account, or is that all in the past?
Old 08-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
when my friend and I purchased a server, stefan uploaded all the old files from the old server to the new one after a year or so of the server being gone.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:43 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
*question, do you still get an Admin-Playerworld## account, or is that all in the past?
As Chris said the new server registration binds the server and admin level to your graalonline account and not an admin-playerworld account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Well yes, they just started using the new server registration system (which is based on account name, hence the gserver name of "acc_whatever"), so they would have no way of connecting servers from ten years ago with the ones now.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Well basically, you got a free p2p with the old system, so it might have been better to keep that system.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:33 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Well basically, you got a free p2p with the old system, so it might have been better to keep that system.
Not really. The way it worked before was if you upgraded, you didn't connect that to your Graal account. In theory you could have just used the Admin-Playerworldxxxx account all the time. That account didn't have a free P2P, or lifetime gold, or whatever. The only server it had access to was the server you rented. I don't think it could even play Classic servers.

Now it's exactly the same, except you don't get a new account, it just gives you access to your server on your account. What I mean is that if I upgrade a server, I don't need gold to play it. I can log on "Dev cbk1994" or whatever I rename it to, and can play without limitations on that (my) server. I'd still need gold if I wanted to play any other UC servers, though.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I don't think it could even play Classic servers.
You had access to classic servers but only as a trial account. If you werent on your server, you were basically recognized as a trial account and could do everything a trial could do.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:49 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Not really. The way it worked before was if you upgraded, you didn't connect that to your Graal account. In theory you could have just used the Admin-Playerworldxxxx account all the time. That account didn't have a free P2P, or lifetime gold, or whatever. The only server it had access to was the server you rented. I don't think it could even play Classic servers.
This is true, however on Graal Kingdoms at Easter or any other event you could obtain items from the playerworld admin account could also obtain those items. The only problem with this is that the accounts got reset just like a trial did thus allowing the same playerworld admin account to obtain as may special items as they wanted. It's safe to say I'm glad they were disabled so this couldn't happen again.