Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 07:12 AM
Frankie9011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Express your opinion

What do you think of Era's current management, updates, staff, etc.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:32 AM
Sinkler is a jewel in the roughSinkler is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Sinkler
I think that the current Era Staff are working towards a better Era. There has been an increase in updates from when there were very little updates. I think that Chris is doing a phenomenal job managing the development team and having updates and employing staff members that are able to do their job efficiently and of quality. I think Squirt has been a great Player Relations Administrator (from my personal experience) with his understanding of the rules and kindness towards his colleagues as well as players. Deophite has been doing a great job looking over every major project as well as making decisions to better the gameplay of Era.

I think that Era is being pushed towards the right direction.

If you need to get in contact with me, please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that."

-John Stuart Mill
Old 06-13-2009, 07:34 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Personally, I quite like the staff team. Updates are of course a bit slow, but that's to be expected as we're working on two parallel servers (Era and "new" Era). I managed to speak with Elk earlier today, and I acquired some new tiles. I'll have Arch_Angel get started on fixing up some of the uglier tiles (e.g. grass, sand, water, road) as well. Once that's ready, we should be good to go on starting the overworld, and I'll be sure to share my plans for that before we go far into its development.

Era News will probably be the last update/new script for the current Era I make for a while. There'll still be people like Tim to help with levels, Maverick for events, etc.

Sales started working on the new gang system today. I know he spoke with GC a lot, as well as a bunch of other people, including the administration. I'll ask him if he'd be comfortable releasing a basic overview of it. I don't think that'll be a problem.

Relic and Tim/Rachel have been working on a "wood shop", which was originally to be used for this Era, but will probably be moved to the new one. I'm not quite sure what we'll do with the wood cutting system though; the one right now isn't quite up to the standards I expect things to be, so we'll have to find some creative ideas on that.

This is I guess more of an update on what's going on, and not about the topics you specifically mentioned, but I think it's important to know either way.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Rusty Bedsprings
Rice2k will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Rice2k Send a message via MSN to Rice2k
I think the current staff is doing a good job. Trying to make Era better for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackOd View Post
did anyone else see "Cubical killed rice2k with lightning (spar)" flooding the right side of the screen yesterday? You killed the poor guy like 5 times a second
Old 06-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
They are doing a good job.. That's it, We have to wait for the big update tough :P
Old 06-13-2009, 09:14 AM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBsTeRmAn View Post
They are doing a good job.. That's it, We have to wait for the big update tough :P
Tell us what you really think.

I think this management is managing stuff quite well, there are a few updates etc.

BUT I am so god damn sure that the "New Era" will NEVER be released.
Considering the fact that they didn't ask Andy for all the new systems he had scripted already, oh well, who cares?
Old 06-13-2009, 09:24 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post
Tell us what you really think.

I think this management is managing stuff quite well, there are a few updates etc.

BUT I am so god damn sure that the "New Era" will NEVER be released.
Considering the fact that they didn't ask Andy for all the new systems he had scripted already, oh well, who cares?
I have a copy of everything that was done before, but we decided not to use it, and have already rescripted everything that he had (I think we have, at least).
Old 06-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Era Manager
That is what i really think..
*Wrote a whole paragraph here why but deleted*
Old 06-13-2009, 04:34 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
i've been beginning to like squirt and chris a lot more lately, but i still can't stand deophite. it's not that he's a bad guy or anything, i just think he's useless because he doesn't really put much effort into the server.

corruption seems to still be a problem also. i haven't really complained about it much because myself and everyone else knows that i used to do stupid **** when i was staff also, but it's still unfair to other innocent players. i just find it funny that when deo was first put into management, everyone was parading over the fact that there wouldn't be any more corruption but it seems like nothing has changed at all.

regarding updates, it pretty much speaks for itself. there aren't really that much anymore. the update that chris did a few weeks ago was alright but a lot of what he did was minimal. i'd rather have a big update other than a compilation of smaller updates. there's so much staff on era yet hardly any updates. it's ridiculous.

this thread will wind up being deleted. it seems like they try to censor anything bad about the staff team -.- but hey, if the players don't like what's going on you should listen to them instead of ignoring it. frank probably just wanted to address certain issues in one thread but since you deleted it he's most likely going to run off to the support center which i'm sure is something that nobody would want..
Old 06-13-2009, 06:24 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
i've been beginning to like squirt and chris a lot more lately, but i still can't stand deophite. it's not that he's a bad guy or anything, i just think he's useless because he doesn't really put much effort into the server.

corruption seems to still be a problem also. i haven't really complained about it much because myself and everyone else knows that i used to do stupid **** when i was staff also, but it's still unfair to other innocent players. i just find it funny that when deo was first put into management, everyone was parading over the fact that there wouldn't be any more corruption but it seems like nothing has changed at all.

regarding updates, it pretty much speaks for itself. there aren't really that much anymore. the update that chris did a few weeks ago was alright but a lot of what he did was minimal. i'd rather have a big update other than a compilation of smaller updates. there's so much staff on era yet hardly any updates. it's ridiculous.

this thread will wind up being deleted. it seems like they try to censor anything bad about the staff team -.- but hey, if the players don't like what's going on you should listen to them instead of ignoring it. frank probably just wanted to address certain issues in one thread but since you deleted it he's most likely going to run off to the support center which i'm sure is something that nobody would want..
When you mean that there's still corruption do you mean that the current staff, or like in the past with like Mesh?

Also, I don't really mind if players state their mind on certain topics. I don't think I ever closed a thread/deleted a post for someone stating their opinion on certain subjects. The only time I would do it if it's completely unrelated to the topic and has nothing to do with the server itself.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:11 PM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
I like squirt now,but I still cant stand Vimes hes abusive and he doesnt care. Sure hes a great scripter and such,but he has to much power and he likes to abuse it.
Keep up the good work squirt .
Old 06-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Era Manager
How is he abusive?
Old 06-13-2009, 07:38 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
When you mean that there's still corruption do you mean that the current staff, or like in the past with like Mesh?

Also, I don't really mind if players state their mind on certain topics. I don't think I ever closed a thread/deleted a post for someone stating their opinion on certain subjects. The only time I would do it if it's completely unrelated to the topic and has nothing to do with the server itself.
still corruption right now.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Keep in mind that we're working for free. We don't get paid, we dont get rewards, hell, we don't even get appreciation for the things we do half of the time. Although I'm sure we all enjoy doing our jobs, that alone is not always enough to keep a staff member interested. So yea, I'm sure there's not a staff member to date who hasn't fooled around with staff tools or staff weapons. Give us a break...let us enjoy ourselves every once and a while.

However, if the "fooling" around interrupts your gameplay (or in some way has a negative affect on your gaming experience) by all means complain away. The administration will take action. But it's usually just someone causing no harm whatsoever for a little bit of a break from work. Think about all the spawning, usding, jailing/banning people for no reason, etc that has happened in the past and tell me we're not angels in comparison.

That issue aside -- my opinion on the current team is waayyyyy more positive than it has been with previous administrations. They're doing a good job in my book.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post

Chris is the one that closes threads/deletes posts of Wil Soul as example, as soon as he starts owning him
Closed Thread