Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 03:40 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Top Staff Positions - Insomnia Lives Again!

duh, maybe if I wanna hire people I should post under Hiring too.

So the Zombie Server's well under way, but I'm running out of things I can do myself. We got a small active staff, but we need more people who can make levels, graphics (especially tiles!), ganis, scripts (especially triggers, I don't get this newfangled GScript), etc. Umm, right now it's on the Not Even Visible tab? I don't really know how it works, I'm hearing you need gold to develop, but that's silly, gfxers don't even really Need RC if they got someone to upload, and there's an Online Tiler thingy for LATs...but the sooner we get it to the Classic tab the happier I'll be!
But yeah, I'm comanager just so I can hire, I'm really just there to help out; Zibou's the owner, he's kinda stuck with it (^_^), but every other position's open, the tiler and scripter have turned down lead positions. Granted, I'd prefer to put people in administration who are good at administrating, but that's hard to gauge...

For the rundown, http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=84404

The earlier you sign up, the more you can change. Seriously, 'cuz I ain't standing for Drastic Revisions once stuff's been done, that's how Classic got bogged down.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 03-03-2009, 05:47 PM
Psionic Youth
You guys are taking too long; Codein and Peo are NAT admins now

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck

Old 03-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
You guys are taking too long; Codein and Peo are NAT admins now
What you should do then is to show screen shots of stuff that has been accomplished like some levels and give more detail. Like what the server is about and what you want to accomplish...etc.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:41 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you should do then is to show screen shots of stuff that has been accomplished like some levels and give more detail. Like what the server is about and what you want to accomplish...etc.
If you followed the link given in the first post, you would get most of that covered.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:23 AM
Psionic Youth
Well said Chompy.

Here's a summary though;
we got zombies. Mobs upon mobs of zombies. When we get the gfx necessary for a lowres we'll be able to put about a quarter million zombies on the server no problem.
We got shotguns and chainsaws. Working on a sweet weapon mod system that'll let you go crazy customizing.
We got a map; see attachment for the old copy.

The server's theme is Survival Horror - you're rescued from the zombie-infested wreckage and sent to an outpost, where you have to try and hold out against a world full of zombies with ammo at a premium (mostly by raiding the nearby ruins for usable Supplies). Play continues until only one outpost remains (eliminated players play as zombies until that point), then the zombies are killed off and play restarts, with a special prize going to the survivors.

And naturally, we still need graphics, ganis, levels, more scripters, the woiks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graalmap.png
Views:	127
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	47587  

Old 03-05-2009, 05:39 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
If you ever get a functional tileset, let me know, I'll tile for you.

I was thinking the other day, why don't you make weapons with upgrades in the form of perks (sort of like CoD or Fallout). A laser sight on your rifle improves accuracy, boaring on the rifle barrel could mean you would use a higher caliber bullet, which would mean more stopping power. I'm no gun tech so I can't really expand on the idea, but you are talking to Terazel, so he should be able to give you more ideas.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:52 AM
►Point Man◄
Terazel Tenjin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
If you ever get a functional tileset, let me know, I'll tile for you.

I was thinking the other day, why don't you make weapons with upgrades in the form of perks (sort of like CoD or Fallout). A laser sight on your rifle improves accuracy, boaring on the rifle barrel could mean you would use a higher caliber bullet, which would mean more stopping power. I'm no gun tech so I can't really expand on the idea, but you are talking to Terazel, so he should be able to give you more ideas.
Wish I could have given you the rundown before, but yeah, a big part of the brainstorming was to make weapons personal and customizable. There's kind of an idea already worked out on how upgrades will work and the level of upgrades (ie: accessories and gunsmithing) for each weapon "class." I'll hash it out with Tyhm & Company when it comes time for basically the skinning of the weapons or balance time to certain types/models of weapons.

The Devs have ultimate say on all of it, but the idea was, for example, a pistol has a set amount of modular upgrades such as extended magazine (+ammo), reflex optical sight (+aim, +accuracy), and laser/flashlight combo (+accuracy, maybe +speed). Say you turn your pistol into a secondary weapon, taking a rifle as your primary, you can take some of those modular items (ie: swappable) and add those to your new rifle (optic, lasersight) for boosted stats.

As for stuff like barrel modification and maybe firing/trigger mechanism upgrades, that'd be like reward-based bonuses perhaps or big cash one-weapon upgrades for either permanent boosted stats or opening up extra upgrade slots.

All tenative based on technical expertise and limitation, of course, but the idea is you can have your weapon that's not like the others.

Fearless Leader of the Squirtle Squad Initiative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Once again I flipflopped
Old 03-05-2009, 06:30 AM
Psionic Youth
Yeah, the way I wanna do it is if you buy a shotgun, it costs x ammount; upgrading the ammo capacity costs y ammount, upgrading the accuracy costs z ammount. You can buy a Really Nice shotgun, and it costs x+(y+z-10%); it has the same stats as an upgraded regular shotgun, even down to having a couple upgrade slots already filled in, and it's a little bit cheaper than upgrading a regular shotgun because it's no longer as customizable. Say you decide you want to make a long range shotgun; you can't put as many range upgrades on a Really Nice shotgun as you could on the Basic Shotgun...

Old 03-05-2009, 06:38 AM
►Point Man◄
Ugh...math. I love lamp.

Quote:
Once again I flipflopped
Old 03-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Psionic Youth
Okay, translation = "buy whatever, you won't get screwed."

Soo, any gfxers out there? Maybe some tilers? Codein and I can Try and do it all ourselves, but it'll distract from scripting...

Old 03-05-2009, 03:18 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Okay, translation = "buy whatever, you won't get screwed."

Soo, any gfxers out there? Maybe some tilers? Codein and I can Try and do it all ourselves, but it'll distract from scripting...
Do you even have building tiles? Last time I was on you only had road tiles. Its hard for us tilers to work when we have nothing to work with
Old 03-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
Do you even have building tiles? Last time I was on you only had road tiles. Its hard for us tilers to work when we have nothing to work with
yeah they do.
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 03-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Psionic Youth
downloads/tiles/insomniatiles.png I think; it's incomplete, but it's not rocket surgery to make some more tiles. If we don't get anything better next week I'll make some snow tiles myself.

Last edited by Tyhm; 03-05-2009 at 04:20 PM..
Old 03-06-2009, 04:02 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
downloads/tiles/insomniatiles.png I think; it's incomplete, but it's not rocket surgery to make some more tiles. If we don't get anything better next week I'll make some snow tiles myself.
Quote:
Codein and I can Try and do it all ourselves, but it'll distract from scripting...
Quote:
You can buy a Really Nice shotgun...
Do you mess up on purpose? Haha.
I dont mean to be rude man, but your capitalization is a bit off, so are your sayings. Aren't you english/american?
Old 03-06-2009, 06:00 AM
►Point Man◄
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
Do you mess up on purpose? Haha.
I dont mean to be rude man, but your capitalization is a bit off, so are your sayings. Aren't you english/american?
He's actual a zombie boss.

Quote:
Once again I flipflopped