Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting > New Scripting Engine (GS2)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Inheriting enums?

I am defining an enum in class 1, like this:

NPC Code:
enum FOO {
VAL_1,
VAL_2
}

then in another class I do:

NPC Code:
join("class 1");
this.chat = FOO.VAL_2;

and the chat text of NPCs of that class gets set to 0. Why is it not 1, ie. why is the enum not coming into scope by having the surrounding class joined?

Edit: Same with "const" constants, actually.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Because join and leave are dynamic functions, not done at compile time. It could be possible to expand the "import" function to allow importing of const and enums from other classes.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Because join and leave are dynamic functions, not done at compile time. It could be possible to expand the "import" function to allow importing of const and enums from other classes.
I would be happy with a non-dynamic, compile-time, include-style alternative to join, for my situation. (I am not sure whether you are suggesting to modify join, or add an 'import' compile-time-function, or.)
Old 02-04-2009, 02:25 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
I would be happy with a non-dynamic, compile-time, include-style alternative to join, for my situation. (I am not sure whether you are suggesting to modify join, or add an 'import' compile-time-function, or.)
import is something he added awhile ago to the GServers.

You make the class "foo.bar" and you can do stuff like

PHP Code:
public function Bar() {
  return 
this;
}
public function 
getSomething() {
  return 
2;

And then elsewhere:

PHP Code:
import foo.bar;
function 
onPlayerEnters() {

temp.myBar = new Bar();
  echo(
temp.myBar.getSomething()); // echos 2

I'm guessing this is done at compile-time, so your enums would work as well if Stefan were to make the changes.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:17 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
This. Is. Awesome.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
So if you hadn't announced this, when was the rest of the scripting community going to find out about it?
Old 02-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
So if you hadn't announced this, when was the rest of the scripting community going to find out about it?
Already mentioned it before: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...7&postcount=24
It's not really doing a lot though.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Already mentioned it before: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...7&postcount=24
It's not really doing a lot though.
I'm sure many would appreciate if you created a sticky thread full of the random NPC-Server updates that you do.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
I'm sure many would appreciate if you created a sticky thread full of the random NPC-Server updates that you do.
I miss newfeatures.txt.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:45 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
import is a bit buggy though, every time I attempt to do something with it I encounter errors after the program structure gets more complicated.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
I miss newfeatures.txt.
There was never a newfeatures.txt for npcserver, and the updates for the client are already on the wiki
Might be interesting to add a wiki page for the npcserver/gserver updates, there is usually a lot. In the past few weeks these things were added (will work once the new npcserver is tested and uploaded everywhere):
- /stats displays memory usage
- calling leave() for other objects will directly let the object leave the class instead of waiting until the current script has finished execution
- TDrawingPanel on serverside for image manipulation, also adds a new command maskimage(x,y,imagename,"add" or "multiply")
- getimgwidth() and getimgheight() also work for jpegs etc., not just gifs and png/mng
- some new commands for the mudlib which are secret right now except for the kingdoms staff
Old 02-05-2009, 07:02 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
There was never a newfeatures.txt for npcserver, and the updates for the client are already on the wiki
Might be interesting to add a wiki page for the npcserver/gserver updates, there is usually a lot. In the past few weeks these things were added (will work once the new npcserver is tested and uploaded everywhere):
- /stats displays memory usage
- calling leave() for other objects will directly let the object leave the class instead of waiting until the current script has finished execution
- TDrawingPanel on serverside for image manipulation, also adds a new command maskimage(x,y,imagename,"add" or "multiply")
- getimgwidth() and getimgheight() also work for jpegs etc., not just gifs and png/mng
- some new commands for the mudlib which are secret right now except for the kingdoms staff
Uhh, top secret. Awesome. I agree though, a wiki page for gserver/npcserver changes would be very nice.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Somewhat rusty
Quote:
Let me rephrase that: I miss the old days when I could get more or less complete information about any feature by checking newfeatures.txt.