Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Should the server be reset?
Yes 18 36.00%
No 30 60.00%
Build a system to release Event Item's. Make it random, so good and bad items get out. 2 4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Marvel Seltin (GK)
Spiker0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spiker0
Server Reset/Becoming Classic. (Addresses many problem's)

Due to the years of unbalanced game play, corruption, and the amount of USDers, It is time for change. In fact a server wide reset is more like it.

I propose this reset for a number of things:

1. Everyone will start over, therefor everyone has an equal opportunity to acquire items of value.

2. It will eliminate most USDers (Until people become rich once again)

3. Would allow new systems to be implemented without anyone having an advantage or disadvantage.

I say, there need's to be an Event System. Having player's working as Event Team Member's isnt working, and have never worked for year's in the past. Code a system to do Raffle, to do Labyrinth, to do over event's. The system not only would be more effective on giving out item's, it would be random, and it would be more accurate.

Hell, it would even be better to make GK a Classic Server, here is why.
Making the server a Classic Server would fix the Economy's problem. Most oldbies quit due to not wanting to pay the Gold Subscription.
So take away the Gold Subscription for GK, and you have TONS of players with Classic Accounts. This will support the return of players who don't want to pay to play. This, in turn, bring more items back, and more items into circulation drives down the cost of other, rarer, items. Economy fixed.
(Credit to Zeltino)

Another thing. These people that hoard item's. They dont help the Economy, and in turn, turn players away to wanting to play. Why can't we just have a system that actually work's and lets people get good items? Is it a crime? Will it hurt the server? Of course not. There are sword's, armor, item's that you can make that have speed cap's making you go 1.500. Who want's that? We want item's that are good, easy to make and other more powerful item's take a long time to make. Say a time limit on when to make them, or a very large amount of items to make.

If anybody would like to add there input, please do not flame or burn. This is a type of petition. Everybody see's it, why can't the staff member's?
Old 01-08-2009, 12:34 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Waits for thread to get deleted......
Old 01-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Gov'nah
Zeltino will become famous soon enough
Resetting the GK server is a horrible idea. Playercount would drop immensely due to players who have worked for YEARS to get their items gone. I, for one, would not work for my items once again. I've worked extremely hard to receive the items I have.

Making GK a Classic Server would probably be the best option...

Whoa you stole what I said to you Via PM. Credit please!
Old 01-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Marvel Seltin (GK)
There is no reason this thread should get deleted. There are good points in this, and there are no threat's or anything but good idea's. If this gets deleted, then I know Tig just hate's me. I am bringing up point's not everybody see's, including alot of staff.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:36 AM
Paul
woofer102000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to woofer102000
You are argueing two sides there, pick one, First off you say you want it reset, then put to classic so old player will come back with their items, if you reset it, the player won't come back, as they will have to start again.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:36 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
The phrase "Never happening..." comes to mind.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:37 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I would quit GK as soon as there was a reset. If anything it should be cheaper not more expensive. I mean each month Galets cost a dollar more due to Euro-USD transfer rate.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:37 AM
Marvel Seltin (GK)
Everybody thinks it will never happen because it hasn't. There is new management, and we need to work with it.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
I voted yes.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
I don't see this I see that its going fine, all new graal accounts have to pay for classic so they can still get on gold oldbies most of them aren't even playing anymore

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Gov'nah
Zeltino will become famous soon enough
Staff see's this problem and is actively trying to fix it. It's not as easy as everyone makes it out to be. You can't just fix an economy in a day.

Reseting would make too many players quit. This would leave you with only the new, inexperienced players. No oldbies.

If you were to move the server to Classic, you'd have a large influx of new members as well as oldbies returning (due to not having to waste their WoW Money for a Graal Gold Subscription).

In reference to CharlieM's Post:
Most Oldbies are not playing due to not wanting to pay for Gold Subscription. By making the server a Classic Server, you would promote and support Oldbies to return. Most oldbies left the game without passing on their items. When I quit, I did this too - I brought my items down with me. I'm back though, and what do I bring to the table? All of the items - rare and not - that I have. This brings all of the missing items BACK into the economy. Going Classic also brings the opportunity for the server to have many MANY new players. Kingdoms would grow back to their previous states, and GK would probably flourish quite well.

In the current Pay system, Members who purchase Classic Memberships receive only a Trial account on Graal Kingdoms. This means, that they must go into observation mode every hour or so. They also can not join Kingdoms, participate in Events, or sail on ships. If you can not sail on ships, you can not go to Kingdom islands. When Graal Kingdoms was flourishing many years ago (More than 30 people max.), I spent most of my time on Crescent Pirate Island, due to there being so much to do with so many players on.
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker0 View Post
Due to the years of unbalanced game play, corruption, and the amount of USDers, It is time for change. In fact a server wide reset is more like it.

I propose this reset for a number of things:

1. Everyone will start over, therefor everyone has an equal opportunity to acquire items of value.

2. It will eliminate most USDers (Until people become rich once again)

3. Would allow new systems to be implemented without anyone having an advantage or disadvantage.

I say, there need's to be an Event System. Having player's working as Event Team Member's isnt working, and have never worked for year's in the past. Code a system to do Raffle, to do Labyrinth, to do over event's. The system not only would be more effective on giving out item's, it would be random, and it would be more accurate.

Hell, it would even be better to make GK a Classic Server, here is why.
Making the server a Classic Server would fix the Economy's problem. Most oldbies quit due to not wanting to pay the Gold Subscription.
So take away the Gold Subscription for GK, and you have TONS of players with Classic Accounts. This will support the return of players who don't want to pay to play. This, in turn, bring more items back, and more items into circulation drives down the cost of other, rarer, items. Economy fixed.

Another thing. These people that hoard item's. They dont help the Economy, and in turn, turn players away to wanting to play. Why can't we just have a system that actually work's and lets people get good items? Is it a crime? Will it hurt the server? Of course not. There are sword's, armor, item's that you can make that have speed cap's making you go 1.500. Who want's that? We want item's that are good, easy to make and other more powerful item's take a long time to make. Say a time limit on when to make them, or a very large amount of items to make.

If anybody would like to add there input, please do not flame or burn. This is a type of petition. Everybody see's it, why can't the staff member's?
Before i break it down to you, i'll start with, you fail.

Everyone start over? The labour required to get where some people are in GK is insane, suggesting a start over is ludicrous. I can say this because i've never USD'd and to get where i am now, financially, took ALOT of work. Yea it's selfish to use just me, but i'm sure there are alot of other players/oldbies who have played fair and speant the hours working to get where they are.

The fact that people even USD items on GK shows it's potential and how attractive the server is. All great games/servers are doomed to involve USD, having a crackdown on it is better than using it as a reason for a reset because people will eventually just USD again.

Pointless to suggest a reset to make way for updates... That method fails totally. GK go classic? Yes it could, i agree that alot of people quit/don't play anymore because of the gold subscription, but Graal has to make money... You're suggesting leaving Zone/Games as the only reason for people to upgrade... Will never be implimented for common sense and financial reasons.

Also, the problem with the economy isn't that there are rare items, hard to obtain items are always a great thing to have in an economy. The problem is the sheer amount of items that are unobtainable unless from seasonal events, special events, usd, or trade (which takes ages to get the funds for them). Everyone is in agreement that Many items need to be made obtainable by craft/drop and i'm sure these dreams will be realised in the future with these Quaterly updates.

That whole rant about item hoarding is a cry of you're poor... You want what you can't have. But i, and even the people hoarding, believe that most of those items should be made obtainable, by difficult means for some - keeping them rare.
The face of the Earth.
Vincent3313 is on a distinguished road
There shouldn't be a reset. Let USD'ers buy their items it's there money. I just think that there should be new monsters for the high lvls instead of a crypt that came out a few months ago. There should also be a weaker monster then a bomy for noobs to kill or else it's to hard for them to kill it without wisdom or magic. There should be more reasons for quests, the only reason why someone would do a quest is only for a Gold Key. Quests should also give you different items and some amount of experience. Like there can be a quest that gives you personality exp cause my exp is 0 on that. I only know it's used for Charming monsters. And it's somewhat unfair for the lvl 110's on events. Like in spars barely any EMs separate lvls in spars. You should be able to get rings from monsters is another 1. I'm not going to explain all the details but there is a lot of stuff that needs to be worked on right there. Don't reset...
Old 01-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Marvel Seltin (GK)
Ok, lets try this, check other "Classic GK?" Thread
Old 01-08-2009, 12:48 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Threads exactly the same as this one are created once every year and the answer is still No.