Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 12:11 AM
De Phet
XdNemesisXd is on a distinguished road
Propositon to Stop Base Laming

If you will go after any base and don't lame post here
Old 11-18-2008, 12:14 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
What?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:21 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
............what?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:23 AM
De Phet
You will go after bases instead of lamming to get people not to lame
Old 11-18-2008, 12:24 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, I do this anyway.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:43 AM
De Phet
LOL wooh!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
This is what Pheet is trying to say...

New players learn from our actions, they learn how to play the game based on what we do. So if they see us doing nothing but standing at enemy HQs laming players, they'll do that because they assume thats how you play the game.

While your playing Iricia, do some of the following
-Send team messages (blue text message) giving orders on bases to capture
-Capture bases of your own continueously

If a bunch of people do this, it will eventually let us play Iricia the way it was intended. There will always be a few base lamers, but entire teams standing as bases for 20 minutes streight is just silly...
Old 11-18-2008, 01:01 AM
Gani and GFX Creator
Minomato is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkool666 View Post
This is what Pheet is trying to say...

New players learn from our actions, they learn how to play the game based on what we do. So if they see us doing nothing but standing at enemy HQs laming players, they'll do that because they assume thats how you play the game.

While your playing Iricia, do some of the following
-Send team messages (blue text message) giving orders on bases to capture
-Capture bases of your own continueously

If a bunch of people do this, it will eventually let us play Iricia the way it was intended. There will always be a few base lamers, but entire teams standing as bases for 20 minutes streight is just silly...
...But we know perfectly well that wouldn't work.

The only way you could get people to change their way of playing, which they have adapted to for so long, would be to FORCE change on them by making it impossible to lame the enemy base.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:03 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minomato View Post
...But we know perfectly well that wouldn't work.
With attitudes like that, no. Your choice, I guess you like base laming, not gaining experience or playing a map to its full potential.
^This answer goes for all Negative Nancys ;P
Old 11-18-2008, 01:18 AM
Wizard of the Hood
doyouskate is on a distinguished road
capturing bases is sooo fun...
Old 11-18-2008, 01:28 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
When theres people there to defend them, it is. Which is the overal outcome we're trying to achieve.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:46 AM
Someone, maybe
Nefir is an unknown quantity at this point
The B1 action was great, let's just force our team mates to go there, enemies won't have much choice than to come to us for kills. Unless we change the wanted base, or stick with get all the bases.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:15 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
General Nat is organising her team >:]
Old 11-18-2008, 02:59 AM
Gani and GFX Creator
Minomato is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkool666 View Post
With attitudes like that, no. Your choice, I guess you like base laming, not gaining experience or playing a map to its full potential.
^This answer goes for all Negative Nancys ;P
The point I'm making is that "talk" doesn't fix things. Action fixes things. Can't you communicate with other staff members to see what you can do about this? As far as I know, the most direct path to the solution is the most promising. I believe Dante would be able to help in some way, as he's already tried to accomplish such a thing.

In the many threads that have come and gone, the same problem keeps coming up- there's not enough players. Not enough players being on the server constantly means that there'll be times where people are forced to spawn camp, due to players not coming back to fight as swiftly as the opposing team prefers, or they won't play at all. I think we're pretty lucky that some people are still playing and we haven't taken away their only means of entertainment by now, even if it annoys others. It helps in the long run, basically. Restating my point, the only way you're going to not have people linger around their spawn points is if there are more people playing on the server- mainly Iricia.

If you don't like spawn camping, or being camped for that matter, you can just go to another planet, right? Whoa, wait a second... I just went on platform, and Darkness is getting spawn camped! How about that. And how about Zone Wars? Same deal, I'm seeing there; obviously, that planet was made for spawn camping, as the power generators are placed RIGHT in the teams' respective spawn locations. KoTH? Yeah: Why defend a four sided hill when you can keep the enemy pinned down in their own base while you gain points over time? I could go on for awhile, trust me, but I recognize that Alpha (Alpha/Spar, but I'm not talking about the Spar area) doesn't have this problem. What's this mean? Well, we can take what we did on that planet, learn from it, and put it to use on other planets!

Now, don't get me wrong here. I'm not saying all planets need to be like Alpha's design; I'm just saying that we can solve this problem with common sense and recycling the resources we already have. A shiney new system isn't necessary at all. Might be nice, but it's not needed. We've got what we need already; all it needs is some modifications and willing people to put the plan into motion.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:12 AM
Ex-Zone God ;)
Quote:
The point I'm making is that "talk" doesn't fix things. Action fixes things.
How is everyone taking bases talking?

I did it myself the other day, focused on taking bases and encouraging players to do the same with team chat. People were protecting bases, going for new ones, ect. No one really spawn lamed :S.

Quote:
Not enough players being on the server constantly means that there'll be times where people are forced to spawn camp, due to players not coming back to fight as swiftly as the opposing team prefers, or they won't play at all.
Yes but we have more players now... Zones playercount has been going up lately.

Quote:
Well, we can take what we did on that planet, learn from it, and put it to use on other planets!
True, but what does this have to do with fixing Iricia?

Quote:
We've got what we need already; all it needs is some modifications and willing people to put the plan into motion.
Correct, we don't need anything, other then willing people who would discourage others from base laming is all we need ;P.