Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 10:08 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Nostalgia

Well the Classic that we all know (well some of us) and love died, and has no chance of recovery so I figure we can share some of best memories of the server that was so we can keep it alive (a small part of it atleast) through this thread.

I remember little things, like celebrating Y2K in the singles bar under the bridge, getting the black gralat and trying to get to a safe place so I wouldn't lose it all. I remember when I got banned for the first time by MadBrad and appealing to Tyhm to unban me - which he did, but reset my account (I lost the bucket NPC which you couldn't get anymore and my cousin bragged about having it all the time). I remember playing on my cousin's account and editting levels in the level editor and saving them so I could use them online. I remember staying up for two days in a guild was against Ventrue, trying to take their mausoleum (a futile task, since no side would give up and any sign of victory quickly snatched away as the newly recruited members of either guild would show up and take up the fight).
Old 10-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
I always went there to PK

Old 10-24-2008, 01:31 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
I didn't play it as long as others did but I remember when it had like, one big quest. It kept me entertained for hours. Fun
Old 10-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
-"Old Graal" quests, along with Tyhm's Quest.
-Silvercrank dating WeeD, haha.
-My first guild was unofficial and named {Moonlit Vampires} and I remember our leader taking us to Zero33's house and that one level with the throne, he told us that it was called Moonlit tower, so a year or two later, whenever I would mass asking people about it in like 2004 I would look like an idiot.
-Some guy named ~Ultra Ninja TenZen~[VH] always hunting me because I was in the vampire guild
-(AoD)
-For some reason I loved to visit the timemutt website, along with slocky's screenshots and stev's
-First friends on Graal: Blade Chill, DarkDragon (US), SILVERCRANKZERO

I can't think of anything else right now, I just woke up. I'll edit my post later.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
  • Getting stuck in the tutorial because it didn't really explain how to hold S and A to drop money for the guy who required it.
  • Getting help from Totto for a lot of things (including having to press an f key for the playerlist, which I didn't know existed for a long time) who wasn't actually FAQ at the time. He then went on to become FAQ later on, but he was probably the first person to help me.
  • Meeting my first Graal friend, "Chibi Burry" and "dating" her on the top of deeto's house, because I liked how it had a table on the roof.

• Upgrading to P2P just so I could make the guild (ShinRa) and constantly massing that we were recruiting.
  • People not wanting to join (ShinRa) due to "Turks" being a rank, with the reason being that those people were not actually Turkish.
  • Being the power hungry, Final Fantasy VII fanatic guy that I was/am, then going on to make another two unsuccessful guilds (Ancient) and (Avalanche).
  • Ultimate Weapon or ULTIMATEWEAPON (can't remember which one) who was in US was my PKing idol, he also joined ShinRa for some time after a lot of pushing.
  • Creating (Burger Refuge) as a guild then telling Tyhm that I was the person who originally created the Burger Refuge and that I had come back to redo it, all for the purpose of adding toilets. Tyhm seemed to go along with it, but I never actually created the levels.
  • Joining Ventrue on my sister's account, due to the fact that they wouldn't recruit me on my own account and I figured with the amount of girls they had in it must be easier that way. I convinced Goth to let me in if I got 1000 kills and 0ap, so I remember warring on top of Babord Fort and I eventually got it. After adopting a name similar to Ikari Shinji's, I eventually got kicked as it annoyed the hell out of him.
  • Warring underneath the castle and in Voluran's Mausoleum.

• Door putting "Door says:" before everything she massed or PM'd (usually massed, never spoke to her then) which I used to think was pretty cool, now I just think it's weird. Undine Queen of Graal massing too, I thought she was cool.
  • I was once a fan of Undine and saved all of the Graal castle levels, redid them in the white tiles, and told her I made her a castle. We failed to get it uploaded sadly.
  • After having done the quests for quite some time, sending countless PM's to Tyhm telling him to make a new quest, to which he eventually responded, angrily stating that it is not that easy.
  • Even though my cousin was a GC I could never ever get into events, because I was either too slow or the GC would only summon the people who were known.
  • Editing my flags using a trainer to give countless GC Tickets so I could get all of the prizes. The only entertaining thing about it was that I used the random prize NPC and bought them through that.
Hmm, I can probably think of tons more but those are the ones that came to mind. I was such an excellent noob.

Last edited by Rufus; 10-24-2008 at 08:08 PM..
Old 10-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
-Throne wars. Before the castle was converted into a quest, the thrones were empty(rofl... a castle with no king), so everyone just PKed their way to the throne.
-My house getting rejected. It got rejected because the black space wasn't the black that blocked(therefor would allow players to walk around on the outside of my house...?). It was probably horrible, too.

That's all I really remember.

edit: Oh... and my very first day playing. I walked outside of Big Brother's and that whole area was full of players. So was the bar to the left. In fact, most of the area between Big Brothers and Graal City was full of players. I got PKed horribly.

And one last thing... mine quest with strangers. A couple people, me included, were trying to beat that damn mine quest with the dragon boss at the end. Just that cooperative group effort makes it worth remembering.

I was in a guild or two, but don't remember anything other than a couple of guild wars.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Oh, I also remember asking to be a GC and I think it was either MoJo or Yaksha had brought me to the church right beside Mr.Hack's house and told me to do some little quest, find him something( I forget what it was) and bring it back to him, in the end he said he was jk and I couldn't become a GC
Old 10-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Oh yeah, and I used to love it when someone would make it rain golden gralats with trainers.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:25 PM
lol that reminds me of the torch npc being spammed in Sister Gertrude's and same goes for horse npcs
Old 10-24-2008, 09:04 PM
(custom user title)
Obby will become famous soon enough
Back in the day, before P2P, I remember when there weren't batches of levels that were barren, when there were 300 players on Classic at once, at almost all times of the day. Even when Undine played Graal, it was always entertainment to see her rampaging around pretending to be the "queen of Graal."
  • I remember when Rufus was Ikari Hachi, when he was trying to get into Ventrue Vampires, and how he annoyed everyone.
  • The 48 hour war between Ventrue and Albus's guild, ArchAngel in Voluran's Mausoleum.
  • The singles bar, and how it used to be the 'hangout', and when people said that someone was their 'boyfriend' or whatever, on Graal.
  • The constant PKing on the overworld.
  • warpto 30 30 burgerrefuge.graal, level14.graal.
  • The Angel Clan and Zol's Pub. I remember getting stuck in the Zol's Pub quest and giving up for like a week.
  • Learning about the new 'plans' for the NPC server.
  • Being GP, that was fun.
  • Being GC was something I enjoyed a lot too.
  • When one of the GPs warped everyone to the jail and everyone got stuck there.
  • Silvercrank and WeeD. And Pirat, too, while you're at it.
  • Monthly Spar Tournaments, and when people actually participated in it, you know.. when there were people on Classic.
  • Unofficial 'guilds', and the people who ran around carrying signs.
  • When the newbie house was actually the start location, not random on a mountain.
  • "Come find me and win 1000 gralats."

There's probably more, most of them pertaining to the old server population that will never come back again. I'll post them as I think of them.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:35 PM
The Flying Dutchmen
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
-indeed i remember 1 gp warping everyone in jail. Eventually we had to wait for someone to get us out, and we could walk out of jail into the playerworld.
-I remember QUEEN undine being the queen of graal(so she pretended)

-I remember the joint and zone actually being big PK fields.
The joint was usually used to lure noobies into getting a drink sitting and then pk him.
-I remember the overworld (alt f3 option) actually being just a bit of colors blue and orange.
-I remember a big mansion being near the babord tunnel. People use to get married alot.
-I remember me asking US to join. US had a simple way of letting people join. You needed some hours, kills over deaths.
And you had to beat 2 US players in a best of 3. which they used supernicks for alot.
I had to spar Gorth and Hawk.
-I remember supernicks big spar to be used for a GC to host LMS.
-And the thing that made me lol alot was when people asked for a cool head to wear i usually told them to set head1255.png.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Anyone remember when someone 'hacked' Graal or something of the sort, and constantly warped the whole server of players into that small lake thing in the swamp area, just south of the gnomes cave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGuy View Post
-I remember the overworld (alt f3 option) actually being just a bit of colors blue and orange.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Telmont Bandit
draygin is on a distinguished road
I remember Mr. Bear would periodically warp the entire server and force us into his races across the server... they usually turned into a big PK fest.

I also remember when you could tell who the newbies where because they had html enabled for pm's and people would constantly mass message a script which would cause a flood of error boxes to pop up and crash graal.

I stole Spanky's gold!
Old 10-24-2008, 10:57 PM
The Flying Dutchmen
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Anyone remember when someone 'hacked' Graal or something of the sort, and constantly warped the whole server of players into that small lake thing in the swamp area, just south of the gnomes cave?

hell yerrrrrrr

oh and i remember x-mann!
Old 10-25-2008, 12:28 AM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
EclipsedAngel has a spectacular aura about
-When people did things other than play CTF