Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Should Tigairius be a Administrator?
Tigairius should be Admin 40 76.92%
I Disagree... because (state below) 12 23.08%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 03:28 AM
GP Asst. Admin
FenixTheBanished is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FenixTheBanished
Exclamation A Proposition to save Graal Kingdoms

I am creating this thread because there is nothing getting done to the server that I have been apart of for 4 years now. Bjorn is supposedly to busy with other projects and nothing can get done when he is never around or is unwilling to do them. Also Stefan himself is to busy to be able to help us with development or adding any content to the game.

So with this in mind I bring forth a candidate that I believe has the ability in script, create levels, items, content, ideas, and passion to be able to help revive Graal Kingdoms. Tig, I hope you don't mind... but I present Tigairius for this task.

I am being completely serious about this and I'm not kidding around. I personally, as well as others have seen Tig's work and I'm sure we can all vouch that he is good at what he does. He will get the job done and help get the content and the ideas and the technical needs of Graal Kingdoms implemented so that we can attract not only old players and new players, but also keep the ones that we already have.

We can all see just day to day some of his work, when there were going to be no new halloween items, and in the last hour before their release, he whipped some up really quickly to make everyone happy.

Tig has also had staff experience on many other servers, just a few being Era and N-Pulse. He has also been a great manager for years of Ol' West as well. He is also a FAQ on GK right now and no one can disagree with his ability to help people and his knowledge of the game.

Bottom line here. I respect Bjorn and Stefan, but simply put, they seemingly do not have the time to do what is needed to help keep kingdoms alive. And I do not believe that there is a Better candidate than Tig to be up for the position. He has the passion and that is clear since he has been around for the entire 5 years of GK since the days of Jagen and Lance and before that and he is still here helping and developing for Dustari and other things. We need someone to help revive the server and make Graal in general an attractive game and I believe... no I know, that having Tig as an administrator on Graal Kingdoms will get that accomplished.

Also, with about a top player count of 30 and a steady count of around 9 people will it honestly hurt to give Tig a chance to make the server back into something you can get excited about? Something that you can't wait to get home to be able to play alongside your friends? We need someone to save the server that I have loved for 4 years now and it really does make me sad to see it in such horrible shape. Graal Kingdoms has been released after coming off the drawing board to Alpha and has been stuck there for years. I know that Tig can help us AND Graal Kingdoms move from Alpha into a complete and ever-changing and new game.

Please post your thoughts and qualms with this and I am adding a POLL for people to be able to vote on what they think. This is a serious matter and we need someone who is serious and compassionate about our server. And I know that Tig is that person and he _will_ get the job done right.

-FenixTheBanished

P.S. Also more information about Tigairius's credentials are here in his FAQ application.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...29&postcount=2
Attached Images

Old 11-28-2007, 03:38 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I would have to say that I am a bit surprised with this thread. I do not mind that you nominated me for this, I am a bit honored to say the least. I am happy that you think I am capable of helping GK so much, because I would have to agree with you. I hope you don't mean to overthrow Björn, because I think Björn should stay what he is. I agree that it would be nice to have someone else around GK who would be able to do things, not just Björn and Stefan (who are both very busy with other things). It's interesting that you wrote all of this without consulting my opinion first, though.
I do agree with you, though, it's sad to see GK just sitting here rotting to it's death. I am trying to do a lot of things for it, and they are in the works. I want to bring GK back alive regardless of what position I am, but I guess it would be more convenient with your proposition. Thank you, Fenix, I am surprised in you, but I am very pleased with your opinion of me

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 11-28-2007, 03:41 AM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Tigairius still isn't a developer?!?!

We need someone with Tigairius' skills, experience, and attitude.
Actually, we need Tigairius himself.

All the old players have given up hope and left. Tig is one of the few who stays around and keeps hope. Not only has he helped me countless times as an FAQ, but when I've come to him in the past about problems that need fixing on Graal Kingdoms, he's explained to me what can be done to fix things, but he doesn't have the power to implement all these ideas.

He also presents himself in a more professional manner than MANY of the staff on Graal.

TOO MANY staff can be found contributing to the negative atmosphere in this community. We need to start seeing staff who act appropriately!

Players are customers. The game is a product they purchased. They expect people managing the product to act with a sense of maturity and professionalism. This should not be a hard thing to find.

I don't see ANY of these negative qualities in Tigairius on the forums, in-game, etc...
Old 11-28-2007, 03:51 AM
gess hew
lordbosh will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to lordbosh
Tig can, and by all means should be given the chance to improve this server.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:53 AM
8k hours on GK X_X
Obs311 will become famous soon enough
I asked Tig to work on my castle ( make it dark and evil looking ), and he started right away. I was very pleased with the work, yet I am STILL having trouble uploading it to the main server *hint*.

Here is a preview, so yes, I recommend Tig for Admin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1167545936.png
Views:	249
Size:	514.2 KB
ID:	43403  
Old 11-28-2007, 03:57 AM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obs311 View Post
I asked Tig to work on my castle ( make it dark and evil looking ), and he started right away. I was very pleased with the work, yet I am STILL having trouble uploading it to the main server *hint*.

Here is a preview, so yes, I recommend Tig for Admin.

All castles should be updated to be as good as that.

If you only have one like that, it's kind of unfair.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:04 AM
GP Asst. Admin
Honestly Tig is and would be the best candidate for becoming an Admin and I wouldn't vote for anyone else. We need people who will work hard to make a server that we paid for into a server thats worth playing. And no I didnt mean replace Bjorn but work along side him and/or with him. We need Tig because he clearly as posted above has the skills and the abilities that are needed to do anything and everything regarding adding/editing/improving Graal Kingdoms on the technical side and he also has the ideas, the logic, knowledge, etc that are needed to make sound decisions and to add content that will help and improve the game-play so that we have people who want to play the server and who become apart of it!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:11 AM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
This is foolish...Changing admins does nothing. The way Bjorn is going, is not where Tigarius might want to go; this wouldn't be wise.

Think about taking development time to do something, now whatever was in the works, say Tig doesn't like it; it's gone, replaced with his idea. The admin should be replaced least often.

The last thing you should want is to change positions like these.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:18 AM
GP Asst. Admin
Do you even play kingdoms? I you did you would know that there has been nearly NO new content in 3 years. The only new thing is Battle Island, which hasn't even been tampered with because NO staff will help with it! Horrified you really dont even have any clue about Graal Kingdoms so dont put your two cents in if you dont even know what youre talking about. Bjorn has been stallin on absolutely every idea that has been given to him. And if you would read my post above I said that he would work alongside/with Bjorn and he would not be replaced. And adding Admins does change things. Tig will be able to actually do updates and put in content for GK that otherwise wouldnt happen because Bjorn is sooooo "busy" with other things. And having two administrators would not cancel out Bjorns ideas that are supposedly in the works. They would add to them, please do not post unless you have something constructive to say. Thanks.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:20 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Get real guys. Adding a new guy or shuffling staff positions isn't going to do a thing when nobody, not even me, can come up with a provable method of attracting players.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:23 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
Get real guys. Adding a new guy or shuffling staff positions isn't going to do a thing when nobody, not even me, can come up with a provable method of attracting players.
Hmm... kind of hard to prove any method if work is unable to be uploaded in the first place.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 11-28-2007, 04:24 AM
LadyDarkwolf is on a distinguished road
I think saving Graal Kingdoms would be a great idea. I have kept my acct mainly to keep up with some friends and to see if anything has changed or been added.

I don't know Tig well but from what I have heard and from the little I do talk to him he knows a great deal about the game, he's also patient when helping someone < at least he was with me =) >. I would love to see knew things for kingdoms even if its just knew players or old players come back. I know from a few that played while i was and have left that after playing for so long it can get a little tiresome doing the same exact thing everytime you come on... now and then having something different to do or something to work towards would be nice.

So I say give Tig the chance to improve the server... Give those of us that left a reason to come back and play again.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:28 AM
GP Asst. Admin
You aren't God Googi, and you haven't even tried to implement ANY ideas, you have come up with some, but I have yet to see you do any of them, and I'm sure even if you did, guess who'd stand in the way!

Or wait... I mean guess who wouldnt even BE there to stand in your way, Bjorn. And adding another staff member would change ALOT. There would actually be ONE honest staff member DEVOTED to Graal Kingdoms, not being pulled in 6 different directions on different servers for different projects. If you were trying to get anything done you'd know that you can't get anything done because the current staff don't care enough to pay attention to us. For example. Forest has been trying to get some Kingdom items for about 2-3 years now. And guess who hasnt received a single one? Forest. Also no kingdoms have had any updates at all and thats not something that you can disagree with in honesty. There is nothing mysteriously up Bjorns sleeve that he is working on, because he isn't working on anything. He is to busy saying no to every idea people come up with because he supposedly is to busy, can't do it, or just doesn't care. Adding a staff member will actually greatly increase Graal Kingdoms chance of succeeding.

Look at Zone, Stefan has been paying so much attention to it it makes me sick, and its getting updates and rehals left and right and new updates almost every month. So don't sit here and tell me that adding another staff member or having people devoted to the server wont change anything or help. Clearly it will, its helped other servers and you know what? Atleast Tig would try to do something about bringing GK back to life. Do you have a problem with that? If you do then I don't see why you are even playing or even responding to this thread.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:34 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Hmm... kind of hard to prove any method if work is unable to be uploaded in the first place.
It's precisely this "LOL LET'S JUST DO IT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS" attitude that's the problem with the suggestions players make. People just come up with stuff that they themselves like without putting much thought into just who the market would be for it, how they're going to target that market, etc. If something is going to "save Graal Kingdoms" it's going to come as a result of good, hard, market research, but I guess that isn't nearly as fun as just making stuff because you, yourself, happen to like it, is it?
Old 11-28-2007, 04:35 AM
LadyDarkwolf is on a distinguished road
As a side note... I don't know about anyone else but no one attracted me to Graal... A friend played and asked me to try it... I did and have been playing on and off for about four years now. Word of mouth has worked for me, I got a few people playing but when there wasnt anything left to do we found a new game to play.
Closed Thread