Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: How about a daily life server?
Good idea! I would play! 10 55.56%
Lets stick with the pwnage factor, shall we? 8 44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2007, 05:14 AM
Levelsmith
TalonShriner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TalonShriner
Life Simulation Server?

How would you feel about a daily life simulation server? One where killing and Role Playing aren't the main focuses? There would be a energy system that depletes as you work around the city/town. All players could get jobs or just stay unemployed. It could almost be a better "Sims Online" game except with more options and things to explore. This is just a thought, so please don't give negative feedback. Try and help build up an idea instead. Thanks
Old 03-31-2007, 05:37 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
make babies
>requires 23 experience

YOU PAID THE RENT!
~LEVEL UP!

i DO like the idea, but doubt itll get anywhere
Old 03-31-2007, 05:39 AM
Fraszle is an unknown quantity at this point
Have fun finding scripters that would like to script for free. I doubt you'd get much help, because workers would stop working.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:42 AM
Rapidwolve is an unknown quantity at this point
I had an idea for a type of server like this a while back. The current project my team is working on now is somewhat like this, but its fully automated. No staff will be needed but for maitenence.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:32 PM
Grraaaaaw
Tom is on a distinguished road
Malinko was going to do this with the new bravo tiles, try and get your hands on those tiles
Old 03-31-2007, 02:20 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonShriner View Post
How would you feel about a daily life simulation server? One where killing and Role Playing aren't the main focuses? There would be a energy system that depletes as you work around the city/town. All players could get jobs or just stay unemployed. It could almost be a better "Sims Online" game except with more options and things to explore. This is just a thought, so please don't give negative feedback. Try and help build up an idea instead. Thanks
Isn't this what Graal 3d (yah right) is trying to do?
Old 04-01-2007, 01:28 AM
eronix is an unknown quantity at this point
I had the beginning idea of this server years and years ago.. I think I was the one who gave rapid it, and he just edited it and made it way too modern..

I've been working on my ideas for it.. I have about 30 pages on notepad about ideas I wrote up when I was bored one weekend for a server like this.. I'd offer to let you use them, but as Fraszle said, it's gonna be half-impossible to make a server like this.. I know some of the greatest staff on graal, and even they got bored of a server like this..

In general, graal kids escape from their lives to come and play graal for a reason, not to log on "REAL LIFE SIMULATOR SERVER PLACE" and have a online wife, a kid named "BWABY *ADOPTED BY INUYHSA*", and waste days on the server, trying to make a life that they could make IRL.

Oh wait people do that..
Off subject sorry bout that.

Anyways good thought, already happened, failed alot, forgetaboutit.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:01 AM
Levelsmith
TalonShriner is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TalonShriner
Two words: The Sims. It is probably one of the biggest gaming phenomenons out there. Thousands of people have payed $40+ to get the game and/or one of their expansion packs. And it seems like history is repeating itself maybe? Before The Sims, people said "Oh, this won't ever work... give up on it." But why am I going on and on about this? I was just trying to get some creative input on it, not negative criticism. I personally think that something new in Graal will get people more interested and hopefully bring more players to Graal so we could build a larger online community. Maybe this new idea will keep players interested and have a better perspective about Graal instead of the competitive regulars that always are hanging around. I want to make Graal a better place for everyone. Lets be a little more worldly here people. Now I'm not saying I single handedly will do this. Heck, I'm not even saying I AM gonna do this. I just want people to be more excepting of other people's interests and not be so egocentric. So... Can we do that?
Old 04-01-2007, 06:25 AM
Registered Omega
killerogue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to killerogue Send a message via MSN to killerogue
You shouldn't use words you don't know how to use.

Read my post and ignore it because I don't feel like quoting you and pointing out the words you used in the wrong context.

REMEMBER, IF YOU REP ME, LEAVE A NAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
Graal admins don't die. They go to hell and regroup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Without scripters, your graphics and levels wouldn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:54 AM
Criminal X
PrinceDark will become famous soon enough
I'm all for it, if you can make it funner than the sims. Or make it more like Harvest Moon.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:55 AM
Avid Roleplayer
Foreigner is on a distinguished road
Inspiring server idea...
Old 04-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Grraaaaaw
Tom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonShriner View Post
Two words: The Sims. It is probably one of the biggest gaming phenomenons out there. Thousands of people have payed $40+ to get the game and/or one of their expansion packs. And it seems like history is repeating itself maybe? Before The Sims, people said "Oh, this won't ever work... give up on it." But why am I going on and on about this? I was just trying to get some creative input on it, not negative criticism. I personally think that something new in Graal will get people more interested and hopefully bring more players to Graal so we could build a larger online community. Maybe this new idea will keep players interested and have a better perspective about Graal instead of the competitive regulars that always are hanging around. I want to make Graal a better place for everyone. Lets be a little more worldly here people. Now I'm not saying I single handedly will do this. Heck, I'm not even saying I AM gonna do this. I just want people to be more excepting of other people's interests and not be so egocentric. So... Can we do that?
lol I actually bought all the sims 2 expensions the other day :P
Old 04-01-2007, 03:44 PM
eronix is an unknown quantity at this point
Again, being someone who really went hardcore to try and do something like this, I found three extremely hard-to-get through flaws.

#1: Lack of graalians:
You're only going to have the graalians who WANT this server, if you ever go classic and EVERY trial flocks to your server, you probably STILL won't have enough people. You'll need REAL people to run your business's, and try not to go too nuts on NPC's, else you'll be considered modern.

#2: Too much confusion about if its modern or not:
When I did this server, I only had ERA supporters. Well go figure, when you have Era supporters, you'll always have a group who wants guns, pking, crime, and a group that doesn't want it, and the group that did NOT want the guns and such were the minority group, think about a 4:1 ratio.. I think you'd pick the 4.

#3: Just generally hard to do:
You'll need some kickass systems to even get CLOSE to this, some of the systems that I thought up a long time ago would make every member of the GST say: "WHAT!?", not to mention the lack of good SFX teams. You'd also probably want to go VERY customizable custom bodies, the kind that would make old Atrius bodies look like plain graal bodies (Glasses, hats, gloves, shirts, boots, jewlery, piercings, makeup, pants, just general clothes..)
Thats a CRAPLOAD of gfxers.
Then ganiers for custom bodies are ALSO hard to come by, not many ganiers are use to REALLY customizable bodies, not just arms,shirt,legs,hat..

Basically I'm explaining to you that it's been tried, it's been hard to do, and unless graal has a 543205205025023 player growth spurt, then you'll still have NPC's running your systems... And really, that's not too "real life" now, is it? (Unless you're talking about them computerized systems ;o)

But hey, I'm not going to disown you, kick you to the corner, and then laugh at you, because you're bringing back a REALLY good idea, just a hard one.

If you ever want help or want me to send you my ideas, give me a PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Buddy
Taikun is an unknown quantity at this point
"Good idea! I would play! "
Old 04-01-2007, 06:21 PM
7 Words
Inspiration is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Inspiration
Hey, I just noticed something similar to this actually exists. Stand up and walk away from your computer/TV/whatever and try it out!!1111

Seriously though, it's not really too original, and on something like graal, won't be very fun when other servers exist that allow for stuff like killing.

1. Annoy everybody on an existing project by submitting or proposing changes that they don't want
2. Formally declare all existing projects to be complete crap
3. Talk at great length about the deficiencies of other projects
4. Get drunk
5. ???
6. Profit