Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-19-2006, 12:37 AM
MadScience7 is on a distinguished road
Capture the flag battleground

I have always resisted the temptation to make suggestions, since there are already some great ones out there that haven't ever got done (big monsters that take a team to kill, ship improvements, weather) but here goes anyway. This would be something to keep the PVP'ers busy constantly, and a good default thing to do when there's no good RP kingdom action going on.

Turn the Boganera spar into a capture the flag PvP battleground. Add some obstacles and make the path between the flags go through the underground b-mode area near Boganera spar. The idea is that it's all automatic so you can do it anytime. When the scoreboard (yeah there's a scoreboard) says Available, you go up and type /join Team1 or /join Team2, then type /start when you are all in the entrance courtyard and the teams are ready to begin the game. Team 1 then hustles to defend their flag or get Team 2 flag, whatever their strategy is. Team 1 wins a point when they get Team 2's flag back to the Team 1 base, and vice versa. There would be a flag icon (like the ladder one on boats, I relate everything to boats -) to pick up the flag or drop it if you're about to die and you want a team mate to pick it up. Of course the other team would have a chance to click on it when dropped to return it to their base. The first team with 5 (or 10 or whatever) flag captures wins the game and has to exit the arena before another game can start.

That's the basic idea, loosely based on the WoW battlegrounds, which people seem to love. The members of the winning team would get 100p each when they win, 10p for the losing team. This kind of free form create your own team and go for it battle arena would provide countless hours of fun and cameraderie, and I know I would love it. It doesn't cater to the Lvl 110 folks with good gear either, since you can compete with teams of people your level.

Of course, things like this are easy to say but hard to find the time and people to do it. Maybe someone could do this for a college programming project

Last edited by MadScience7; 09-19-2006 at 12:52 AM..
Old 09-19-2006, 01:38 AM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
CTF was always a huge success on every classic server. There's no reason why it wouldn't be equally awesome on GK.
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 09-19-2006, 05:18 AM
bgumeny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bgumeny Send a message via Yahoo to bgumeny
It sounds like a good idea to me except for the part where the losing team gets 10p. If it does automatically start and you always get plat whether you win or lose, it would be really easy for someone to just sit back and get plat (although not too much of it).
Old 09-19-2006, 08:36 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
I think its a great idea and it might make people play graal kingdoms more most of the time the pvpers dont get a pk that much.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:20 AM
UltimatheChosen is on a distinguished road
Amen, I love CTF in any form.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:25 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
I think its a great idea aswell. We could us the CTF battle ground for kingdom events, ect..

Old 09-22-2006, 09:35 PM
Proto Steele~EventsMaster
protozero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to protozero
I think CTF would be crazy. But perhaps a speed cap somewhere for the vent because having 6 speed would just be rediculous! Knowone could catch you. But I still love the idea and it has alot of potential to be a great event!
Old 09-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I am wondering about the size of the battleground, the current thing would be quite small for that? For the CTF we could probably reuse the Zone CTF scripts. Eventually the people can also choose to play with capped stats (it is possible to temporary modify the stats while battling).
Old 09-22-2006, 09:48 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I am wondering about the size of the battleground, the current thing would be quite small for that? For the CTF we could probably reuse the Zone CTF scripts. Eventually the people can also choose to play with capped stats (it is possible to temporary modify the stats while battling).
There should be a island on event island for that. A stat set system would be nice, also for the arenas.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:57 PM
killer_dog10 is on a distinguished road
I have a detail plans on something just like that in my post I'm doing but to make things even their will be kingdom ships that. Instead of using a flag you use your kingdom treasure. Of course I written bunch of rules like you need a staff member there and the king has to ask his people through the kingdom post board. But then I also have non-war spar battles. Anyways it’s a mini-game and pretty much like all mini-games they grow old fast.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
So pretty much as sam said. Have it on event island. That way it can be hosted as a event. The kingdom treasure idea won't fly...what self respecting leader would gamble with their kingdoms treasure.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:49 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Also, it's worthwhile to note that kingdoms treasure is primarily based on tax revenues for the kingdom, which kingdom isles rarely ever get anymore.