Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-27-2006, 02:01 AM
my name isn't bold, HA!
NeoJenova will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NeoJenova Send a message via Yahoo to NeoJenova
Future of Graal Suggestions.

I was thinking maybe we could voice some improvments and or changes we would like to see happen to this game that might make us enjoy it and upgrade more frequently.

Please be civil about this and try not to say anything that might offend others and or managment of this game.

I'd like to see this work out and maybe open some eyes to what players actually want.

I like the new versions that are released but along with those new versions we need something new and fresh to play, maybe more global involvment in the more promising playerworlds to ensure there completetion.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:06 AM
Registered Omega
killerogue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to killerogue Send a message via MSN to killerogue
Hm. I agree with global involvement. With more globals backing some really good server ideas there would be more interesting servers to play on Graal.

REMEMBER, IF YOU REP ME, LEAVE A NAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
Graal admins don't die. They go to hell and regroup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Without scripters, your graphics and levels wouldn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:59 AM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Yes, golbals involved in dev would be neat.
Also, more global events like graalympics, etc.
A level editor that supports gs2 -_- Maybe even an npc server emulator
better gralshop, like the ability to treat the character like clay, click the arm, drag the mouse up, he lifts his arm, keep dragging to pull it off (ow?)
Old 07-27-2006, 03:11 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
GST members work on a server together, a totally new one in which they make up a storyline, scripts ect. They could hire any other staff needed.

Pretty much the absolute best of the best working together untill the server is complete. This kind of what they did for GK and Zone i think? Anywho this idea would mean new servers each year maybe. The private worlds dont have much hope of suceeding, except a few select worlds. No offense to the current UC world owners/managers. Could work maybe, or farfetched?

Also, a guild event that is held weekly. Any guild that subscribes via GuildCP would be entered. 2 guilds pking for 30 minutes to try and get more kills than the other guild. Event would be held on a server called "Guild Events". Winner gets their account showed as news on www.graalonline.com Something like that?

Last edited by Darlene159; 07-27-2006 at 06:18 PM..
Old 07-27-2006, 03:30 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
GST members work on a server together, a totally new one in which they make up a storyline, scripts ect.
Why would you have the GST do the storyline? Sounds like a waste of time when you can just get some random RPers to do that.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:39 AM
iZone Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel
Why would you have the GST do the storyline? Sounds like a waste of time when you can just get some random RPers to do that.
True, scratch that, but i still like the rest of my idea.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:22 AM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Yes, get on my server and help me finish >:O
Old 07-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Banned
p2p_Sir_Link is an unknown quantity at this point
with how much positive feedback I've received, I think getting my idea into a working server would be pretty sweet,
Old 07-27-2006, 08:35 AM
Registered theRapist
Kappa00p2p is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Kappa00p2p
Give me a reason to make me want want to upgrade my account. I'd like to see a 3D server that has parties,great quests,raiding,balance,etc. I want to see graalshop get a major improvement with sprite addition and light effects.

-Kappa
Old 07-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Either the NPC server emulator idea, a server made specifically for testing with GS2, or a GS2 Editor.

A revised Graalshop / GraalEditor / Levelgenerator.

A newer community-formed server. (Similar to the way Kingdoms was created, but entirely different.)

As far as updates go, those who develop the Graal software itself are doing a fantastic job with frequent updates.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:36 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Global strings - every server gets a single Global String, generally Global.[severname]=
This can only be set on the server named, but read on any server. Thus, if your string says
Global.classic=head0.png,red,blue,green,yellow,pin k,shield0.png,sword2.png;
another server, say, Valkorlia (just because I like the name) could read it and, at their option, start you out looking as close as possible to your Classic self. Or, perhaps it could say
Global.Valkorlia=AllQuestsComplete
and Classic takes that (quite voluntarily) to mean they can unlock certain things - perhaps Valk alumni start out with the Permaclothes or somesuch. In an idealized world you could save all your important data to a single string when you warp off a world and materialize on another world with whatever that server sees fit to entrust you with - if say Classic and Zone were particularly close neighbors, you get the Lizard Sword on Classic and have the Red Gun on Zone or however that works, and vice versa. Totally up to the local server management how much they choose to participate, of course, it would just require a server string.

But that's really a Suggestions Forum suggestion.

One I'd like to see is Default Code. When you sign up for a server, instead of getting a completely empty folder you get a template - here's a really super-basic Movement Script to get you started, and just for kicks here's a few basic weapons - a bomb, a bow, and a handfull of baddies, so you won't have to suffer through the years of reconstruction like Classic did.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 07-27-2006, 06:10 PM
kenyonandelliot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerogue
Hm. I agree with global involvement. With more globals backing some really good server ideas there would be more interesting servers to play on Graal.
Yes, they could probaly give some ideas to to some struggling servers.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:40 PM
iZone Administrator
Globals developing ideas would be pointless. If they came up with a wild idea, its not for sure that players could do the work/development. I think it should be vice-versa, since globals are best at what they do.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
I think Globals should do the work Once. If we could get the legendary Globals together to build One Basic Server that's absolutely perfect in all respects except content - it has a beautiful yet simple movement script, it has push-pull blocks and arrows that work and bombs that work and baddies that act just as their old clientside counterparts did - then they could set that as the Template and have done with. Every server thereafter would have a head start - sure, they CAN rescript movement from scratch if they want, but if they want to just make a GS2 world as easily as if they were making a Classic server, have at it.

Then our genius globals could hash out some clever tools too, like a tiling NPCW that's run from the game proper - you give a Tiler the Tiling Gun and he can go around changing tiles in realtime, but it's got a lockout so he can't put paths where there once were walls - he can just fix the walls so the bricks line up, etc. (Can't change onwall to not onwall, onwater to not onwater, etc, without permission) - little things like that to help every server admin delegate.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 07-28-2006, 04:54 AM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
And how, Tyhm, would you expect to convince them to return?