Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Debaglio is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Debaglio Send a message via AIM to Debaglio Send a message via Yahoo to Debaglio
Tavelers Log: Kindgoms Log

Etien Debaglio here, and I would like to open up a thread that talks about whats going on within the Kingdoms for people who are not in a Kingdom. All kingdom, and non-kingdom members are encouraged to record their inner kingdom relations here so that prospective members may have a more resolute picture of how their kingdom of choice interacts with society.

Currently:

Draxx the leader of Forest has me on ignore, making his rule biased.
LordBosh the leader of Zormite is addicted to another server, and is never on.
Who knows whats going on with Samurai???
Fro and Drk reign supreme, and can be counted on for elite tasks, charging elite prices.

The most solid player on this game has to be the Gov Alan Steele. His rule is absolute, and his name word and reputation on this game bound in steel. His kingdom is so large, that I would not be surprised to see an evil pirate crew form in the dungeons underground.

I have recently constructed a donation house in the back of Zormite, on the small Island to the northwest behind my mansion that is underconstruction.

Also for all travelers interested in a cabin, one is for rent in the north east section of forest.

Thats all for now,
EBD
Old 04-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I'm wondering how you can praise the state of Dustari right now.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Debaglio is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Debaglio Send a message via AIM to Debaglio Send a message via Yahoo to Debaglio
Please log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin
I'm wondering how you can praise the state of Dustari right now.
Help me to see the light. That is why I started this thread up. I want all travelers views.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:27 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Technicly Bosh doesn't need to be around since me and Oasa can do most things like have kingdom events even if he isn't around, although we pretty much don't do anything either, however, neither does Dustari.

Really, it's unfortunate but Crescent Pirates seems to be the only active kingdom.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:41 PM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
Samurai does alright, we have flurries of activity and are active in development.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:44 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I don't think I'm gonna say anything about Dustari's leadership patterns as of recently, though I probably should.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:08 AM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
Technicly Bosh doesn't need to be around since me and Oasa can do most things like have kingdom events even if he isn't around, although we pretty much don't do anything either, however, neither does Dustari.

Really, it's unfortunate but Crescent Pirates seems to be the only active kingdom.
It's not a question of ability, who can do things. It's a question of leadership ability! As we non-contentious see in the case of the kingdom of CP.
To lead a kingdom means work, much work.
To lead a kingdom means to bear responsibility, not to shift it on others.
And I am not only talking about Zormite.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:53 PM
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Quote:
I don't think I'm gonna say anything about Dustari's leadership patterns as of recently, though I probably should.
Oh, let me then.

Since Padren's descent from the throne, the lineage of Dustarian nobility has passed from one set of unworthy hands to the next set of somehow unworthier ones. You'd think they'd hit rock bottom soon.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Regardless of whether I am in the position to ascend to leadership in the future or not based on the rankings is no longer the matter. The Snow family certainly seems to be trying to permanently keep Dustari in its clutch by juggling family members and not focusing enough on the needs of Dustari while the rest of it slowly falls apart. When last I knew, I was in the Prince position, but I fear that that may not matter to the King, since I'm of no major benefit to him, whereas a former King and a newcomer certainly seem to be.

Last edited by Draenin; 04-18-2006 at 06:52 PM..
Old 04-18-2006, 07:17 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
As we non-contentious see in the case of the kingdom of CP.
CP is active because it's run like just another guild. Attempts to run a kingdom like an RP kingdom are doomed to fail, since the part of RP that most players find the most fun (battles) are restricted to the most powerful few members of a kingdom (due to the lack of a kingdom mode).
Old 04-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
CP is active because it's run like just another guild. Attempts to run a kingdom like an RP kingdom are doomed to fail, since the part of RP that most players find the most fun (battles) are restricted to the most powerful few members of a kingdom (due to the lack of a kingdom mode).
Precisely. Which is why Dustari's falling apart right now. (Drk, Fr0, DonnyCypher - Sorry I had to mention names.) They are essentially the only ones that consistently are active in Dustari right now.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:56 PM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
I think a working K-Mode (or the adoption of Googi's voluntary stat capping) would do wonders for the kingdoms and RP in general. K-Mode would be better than voluntary stat capping since then you don't have to worry about cheaters. Anyone have a quote on how challenging it would be to script a quality K-Mode?
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 04-18-2006, 10:14 PM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Precisely. Which is why Dustari's falling apart right now. (Drk, Fr0, DonnyCypher - Sorry I had to mention names.) They are essentially the only ones that consistently are active in Dustari right now.
Drk and DC are gone.

But I agree... it also applies to Samurai. Lylic, Tempist, Damix, and I. However, we're starting to make a valent attempt to turn things around.

Old 04-19-2006, 12:41 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidnight1142
I think a working K-Mode (or the adoption of Googi's voluntary stat capping) would do wonders for the kingdoms and RP in general. K-Mode would be better than voluntary stat capping since then you don't have to worry about cheaters. Anyone have a quote on how challenging it would be to script a quality K-Mode?
It's mainly just a matter of storing player statistics into clientside variables and changing those statistics to new ones when the player goes into kmode, then restoring the statistics to the values of those stored variables when the player decides to leave it. (This includes damage, AC, statistics, levels, etc.) This is all assuming that a player's statistics are variables already, and in which case, it would be even simpler.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Zxion is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltz5
Drk and DC are gone.

But I agree... it also applies to Samurai. Lylic, Tempist, Damix, and I. However, we're starting to make a valent attempt to turn things around.
I wish I could be more active, I have too much going on down here in college