Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-12-2005, 02:39 AM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Cool There's a place for you on a growing server!

Dark Rival is still hiring GATs, LATs, and NATs. I am sorry to say that the release of Dark Rival has been pushed back a bit, as we have recently added an RPG system. Here's some pics of what our staff and I have done so far. So, if you're looking to be a part of one of the fastest growing servers out there, apply now by going to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html good luck to all of those who apply!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wpntrn2.png
Views:	294
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	33419   Click image for larger version

Name:	pzzlmanpic.png
Views:	284
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	33420   Click image for larger version

Name:	molntpic.png
Views:	279
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	33422   Click image for larger version

Name:	deltapathpic.png
Views:	314
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	33425  
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Banned
Red face

I've gotten complaints about a few things so far, first being the sheer number of posts I've made, but the biggest one is the fact that I have not told enough about the server, as I was keeping much a secret. So, here it goes:
Dark Rival is a 3 (maybe more?) Part server, with each of the three parts acting in different periods of time and in different areas of the world. They each function like a different server, each with a different feel. The first overworld you are allowed to play on is actually the 2nd part of the series. This is done, because the first part reveals a lot about the hero's beginnings. There are two main enemies throughout the entire series. The one is your 'Dark Rival' the other is his apprentice, and younger brother. His goal is to take over as much of the known world as he can, and enslave the people of each land to not only do his bidding, but live in poverty so he can be a wealthy king. His attitude for the people is terrible, as he finds them not only expendable, but also amusing to expend. He has gotten training from his mentor, who is already famous throughout the land for being a powerful and evil man. He is known simply as the Dark Druid. Here's a small explanation of each overworld, no endings :In first the part you fight many people, and travel across different large islands, each very unique. The hero finds out more about his life, the people in it, and the fate of the world. He starts out as a soldier in an army. The barracks he is in is attacked by Ceverous's (the dark rival) minions. After you help to bring them down, you must travel to the mainland (by boat) because there are reports of similar attacks there. You and your crew begin the journey, but are interrupted by mercenaries and pirates, all whom have pledged their allegiance to Ceverous. Your journey is a tough one, filled with loss, sorrow, and tragedy. As the hero looses many things held dear to him, he still continues, with support from friends he meets along the way, because he knows he must. In the second game, a new hero must rise, and take the place of the hero in the first one, trying to become a hero. He/she is young, and naive, and has not yet experienced much sorrow. He/she remains upbeat, and goes on to do great things through his/her long journey. The final chapter (maybe? XD) has both heroes unite to take down both enemies once and for all. It starts out with the resurrection of Ceverous, who then turns a very large portion of land around them into a wasteland. This time he wants revenge, and is actively hunting both heroes, and killing all in his way. This one is a bit of a shocker, but in the end, the light shines through the darkness...maybe? any more details wanted, questions, etc, post here, pm or email me. You can still apply for GAT NAT LAT, I hope I have convinced more people to take this server more seriously. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	speenshade.png
Views:	268
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	33446  

Last edited by excaliber7388; 09-14-2005 at 03:35 AM..
Old 09-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Banned
I am also creating a turn based-offline calculator version of Dark Rival for Casio graphing calculators. I am also looking for some one who could build a more complex version for TI graphing calculators. If you have any skills in programming TI graphing calculators, you can apply for a job building the calculator version. The staff will be known as Conversion staff, and you would get a tag and RC on the server, so you can accurately replicate the online version, as the TI version will be an offline version of the online servers, while the Casio version is more like a mini game, a sparring competition that you compete in (this may be updated and new versions will be released). I am able to complete the Casio version, and will hopefully have it up for download or copying soon. The TI version however would require more work, and I do not have a TI calculator . The Conversion admin would be working on it alone, and he/she might have some staff support. This is the first (that I know of) version of a graal game offered for calculators, we're making history XD. If you're interested in this possition, or the positions of LAT GAT or NAT, go to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com.id9.html and apply. BTW conversion staff is abriviated CAT for conversion admin. team.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
yes you do make alot of posts on this forum asking for staff and telling them about ur server goes in the main one, if somone was intrested in your server because you gave the basic storyline a trillion times, they would contact you.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)

Last edited by Darlene159; 09-18-2005 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: He didn't triple post, some posts were removed, don't mod
Old 09-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X
yes you do make alot of posts on this forum asking for staff and telling them about ur server goes in the main one, if somone was intrested in your server because you gave the basic storyline a trillion times, they would contact you.
post was too big, and this is more of the storyline, plus it was the announcement of the calculator edition. I don't need staff, but it would help move things along. We already have some loyal staff, and things have really sped up recently. I expect to go public soon. We have great staff, and our new co-manager, (mystic is no longer our co-manager),Torankusu is really helping re-shape the way the server looks and plays. I have posted a few times, this is because I want people to know that we are still hiring, and that the sever is improving quickly now, very quikly, as many 'bugs' have been worked out now.

Last edited by Darlene159; 09-18-2005 at 03:32 PM..
Old 09-15-2005, 12:08 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
I am also creating a turn based-offline calculator version of Dark Rival for Casio graphing calculators. I am also looking for some one who could build a more complex version for TI graphing calculators. If you have any skills in programming TI graphing calculators, you can apply for a job building the calculator version. The staff will be known as Conversion staff, and you would get a tag and RC on the server, so you can accurately replicate the online version, as the TI version will be an offline version of the online servers, while the Casio version is more like a mini game, a sparring competition that you compete in (this may be updated and new versions will be released). I am able to complete the Casio version, and will hopefully have it up for download or copying soon. The TI version however would require more work, and I do not have a TI calculator . The Conversion admin would be working on it alone, and he/she might have some staff support. This is the first (that I know of) version of a graal game offered for calculators, we're making history XD. If you're interested in this possition, or the positions of LAT GAT or NAT, go to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com.id9.html and apply. BTW conversion staff is abriviated CAT for conversion admin. team.
Don't even. Just. Don't.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:48 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld
Don't even. Just. Don't.
Why not? I love playing games durring math/science classes XD
Old 09-15-2005, 06:06 AM
zenkou
haro41 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to haro41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld
Don't even. Just. Don't.

LOL this thread is just too funny. Its also very sad at the same time.

Personally I think your storyline is more suited to an offline game? I wasnt sure if you were aware of the fact that graal is an online game. But it is. And I would LOVE to be your TI converter guy for da graal calc game.

THIS ONES FOR YOU EXCALIBER7338
><

Zenkou for life
Old 09-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Banned
Quote:
Personally I think your storyline is more suited to an offline game?
the story line is very rich, but won't interfere with gameplay. It will feel very cool, and will be great online. The first one is gonna have many sea-realated things, and people will be able for form partys, go across the sea, etc. would be fun offline, but funner online

Last edited by Darlene159; 09-18-2005 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: post replied to was removed
Old 09-15-2005, 10:15 PM
'been round.
Torankusu_2002 is on a distinguished road
Sorry, but do you have any idea how much memory is available on TI Calculators? I've programmd with them, mostly formula-assisting programs, nothing game-based, but I have played 1 zelda-style game, and it was so big that it could only have 10 levels.

So unless you plan on this Playerworld/whatever being like, 10 levels big on a calculator, it won't happen.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:39 AM
Banned
The casio version will soon be done, and I guess the TI version will have to be a bit smaller i had no idea they required so much memory. Still going along with it though, I like the idea of playing DR at school XD

Last edited by Darlene159; 09-18-2005 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: post replied to was removed
Old 09-17-2005, 01:51 AM
Banned
I would like a few people to test the casio version before I release it. Still hiring TI conversion staff, GATs LATs and NATs. e-mail me at [email protected] if you would like to help test, of help as staff. Thanks!

Last edited by Darlene159; 09-18-2005 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: post replied to was removed
Old 09-18-2005, 12:40 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
I've done some game programming on TI calculators and I'll tell ya, it's not impossible to make a decent game with it, but not via the TI programming language. You have to program it in assembly. There are already games like mario and this game called squrxz or some crazy name that was like a platformer with some alien headed character and you could even make your own levels with it and the game itself had tons of complex levels.

But scripting it directly in the calculator... you can only make games out of text or the symbols on the calc... I made a decent racing game but it was like

NPC Code:
I   '       '   I
I ' 8 ' I
I ' 8 ' I
I ' ' I
I ' ' I

Like the I's were the border and the 8's were the cars and the 's were the road lines... That is about as good as it's gonna get.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 09-18-2005, 01:25 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
I've done some game programming on TI calculators and I'll tell ya, it's not impossible to make a decent game with it, but not via the TI programming language. You have to program it in assembly. There are already games like mario and this game called squrxz or some crazy name that was like a platformer with some alien headed character and you could even make your own levels with it and the game itself had tons of complex levels.

But scripting it directly in the calculator... you can only make games out of text or the symbols on the calc... I made a decent racing game but it was like

NPC Code:
I   '       '   I
I ' 8 ' I
I ' 8 ' I
I ' ' I
I ' ' I

Like the I's were the border and the 8's were the cars and the 's were the road lines... That is about as good as it's gonna get.
do you know a way I could gain access to the assembly way of programing (if at all possible)
btw, The casio version is near completion, I'm adding weapons now =D (I will want testers, so if you have a casio graphing calc. version 7400 or higher, e-mail me, and Ill send you a text based version to test (you'll have to type it in, I don't have a link yet )
Old 09-18-2005, 12:08 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to google search some assembly compilers and stuff. You need a PC to calculator link cable though so you can download the game.

Assembly is probably by far the hardest programming language there is. It's like as raw as it gets.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!