Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-10-2003, 12:46 AM
masterfuji is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to masterfuji Send a message via AIM to masterfuji Send a message via Yahoo to masterfuji
Talking Graal on Dreamcast

Graal should probbally be ported to dreamcast,
it uses windows ce but you can simualte a linux inviroment with the right tools (@www.dcemulation.com).and all you would have to do is downlaod the iso and burn it to a cd-r.
Dreamcast a built in modem and it also has a keyboard
Old 06-10-2003, 01:07 AM
oldbie
brock128 is on a distinguished road
That'd be great, if dreamcast weren't a dead system
Old 06-10-2003, 01:56 AM
Nil Recurring
Nitkizi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nitkizi
PS2 and X-Box would be best to be ported to. But I don't think many casual gamers would buy Graal for their console..
I got a scar where all my urges bled
I got people underneath my bed
I got a place where all my dreams are dead
Swim with me into your blackest eyes
Old 06-10-2003, 02:17 AM
Down with GK Corruption
TripleE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by brock128
Yeah Really...Dreamcast died a year or two ago.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:33 AM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
I think this would be bad.
Graal is an online game,for PC,not video game.
it is good as it is...
Old 06-10-2003, 03:38 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by brock128
Except it's not dead.

The Dreamcast still has a huge playerbase and still manages to consistently outsell the Xbox in Japan, both in game and hardware sales. Dead system? I think not.

Not to mention that the Dreamcast emulation and gaming scene is still huge.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:01 AM
Nil Recurring
Nitkizi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nitkizi
Quote:
Originally posted by ZanderX

Except it's not dead.

The Dreamcast still has a huge playerbase and still manages to consistently outsell the Xbox in Japan, both in game and hardware sales. Dead system? I think not.

Not to mention that the Dreamcast emulation and gaming scene is still huge.
Just because it's popular doesn't mean it is dead. First off, X-Box isn't all that great in the first place. Secondly, SEGA stopped production of the system and all game development has been halted (although I wouldn't be surprised if some developers still make games for it in Japan) for it, hence, it is technically, dead.
I got a scar where all my urges bled
I got people underneath my bed
I got a place where all my dreams are dead
Swim with me into your blackest eyes
Old 06-10-2003, 04:08 AM
Back to the Beat
Questa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Questa
Quote:
Originally posted by Nitkizi

Just because it's popular doesn't mean it is dead. First off, X-Box isn't all that great in the first place. Secondly, SEGA stopped production of the system and all game development has been halted (although I wouldn't be surprised if some developers still make games for it in Japan) for it, hence, it is technically, dead.
Your logic is dead.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:09 AM
what up
ZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of lightZanderX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by Nitkizi

Saying Xbox isn't all that great is subjective. The fact that Dreamcast isn't dead is objective. For a "dead" system, it has a playerbase that is third largest in the console industry, still has active development, and is a strong seller. Just because production has ceased doesn't mean jack.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:15 AM
zrpgp2p is on a distinguished road
I never really got the whole idea with porting Graal to GBA. I mean is there going to be an rc on a gba? :o I think that Graal should just stick as a computer game and leave it as that.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:19 AM
Deek2 is on a distinguished road
Didn't they stop selling Dreamcasts because the fan didnt work on it and it caught on fire alot? Mine worked fine. I mean, if this is the case then they can just fix it and release it again. I used to have one of them, a PS2, and a GC, and I have to say it rivals all of them pretty damn well.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:31 AM
what up
Quote:
Originally posted by Deek2
Didn't they stop selling Dreamcasts because the fan didnt work on it and it caught on fire alot? Mine worked fine. I mean, if this is the case then they can just fix it and release it again. I used to have one of them, a PS2, and a GC, and I have to say it rivals all of them pretty damn well.
Um, no.

They stopped selling them because the systems were expensive to produce and Sega was selling them at a loss and running themselves into the ground financially. =\
Old 06-10-2003, 07:33 AM
masterfuji is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to masterfuji Send a message via AIM to masterfuji Send a message via Yahoo to masterfuji

well most of you are right, Dreamcast could be consider dead
becuse the console production was stopped but in that arguement their are still games coming out for dreamcast.
(feet of fury ,kingof fighters 2003 and a few others)
and the playerbase is still big just suscribe to the planetweb dreamcast newsletter if you dont believe me
anyway this topic isnt about dreamcast's rating its about a possible port.

i think it be great becuse the fanbase would love to get a new
game that could play online with (lmao a Vmu graal mini game would be phat!!!!)

anyway i never heard of one setting on fire, i heard of the player 4 port sometimes not being able to read controllers but sega will gladly fix it for ya if ya pay shiping and handling.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:54 PM
Down with GK Corruption
TripleE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by ZanderX

Um, no.

They stopped selling them because the systems were expensive to produce and Sega was selling them at a loss and running themselves into the ground financially. =\
...Kamuii is right. I didnt believe him about what he was saying so I searched on google it says Sega Dreamcast has stopped major US production due to lack of some fund they need. yet the continue to sell strong in Forign countries,including their top selling country Japan. In Japan they have many games that aren't avabile to the US because it is already in the Japenese Language,and so many of their workers quit,so thye cant convert it. So not only is dreamcast still selling plently of consoles,it is also keeping up with video games.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:25 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
In Japan the console systems are usually surviving some more years, there is online stuff for SNES too
We are focussing with Graal on PC, but game consoles and portable systems can be interesting in the future.