Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-27-2002, 11:15 PM
emortylone is on a distinguished road
Gift: Online Notification Script

Here is something I was playing w/ the other day on Maloria, and Cyber_X felt that it wasn't what he wanted, instead he wants me to make an online/left notification like Graal2k2 x.X I think that is HIGHLY unoriginal, and a pure waste of my scripting abilities =/ This is now in use on SL (it is in the NC, but not in use by the players, YET, so hang out there if you want to see what it can do). It has two functions:
/notify [acc]
typing this will set strings in the Control-NPC to have it send you a PM when that player comes online.
/endnotify
This part isn't yet tested, He was rushing me to get it off :'( but I am quite sure that it works, or if it doesn't, is a simple little error =P You MUST have an NPC Server to use this, as it sends the pm FROM the NPC Server, and uses a Control-NPC to store the strings. It took me a bit to make it, not a horribly long amount of time, but to adjust and make the strings work properly. I labeled what needs to be the Weapon, and what needs to be in the Control-NPC. The part with a weapon, I recommend you name it like -notify so it is invisible to the players, and do:
NPC Code:

if (actionplayeronline)
{ with (getplayer(#a))
{ if (!hasweapon(-notify))
{ addweapon -notify;}
}
}

as it gives to everyone. Enjoy, and let me know if you have viewed and/or are intending on using it XP. If you want to see some NPC Server (serversided except the triggeraction for the most part) commands, this is a good example
---Shifter
Attached Files
File Type: graal notify.graal (1.3 KB, 197 views)
*Stefan: all that counts is that it looks nice
Old 08-28-2002, 03:05 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
I dont like scripts that are off 2002, I like them but why everyone tries to put them on there PW's thats stupid, well its not, becuase they have made them. But Originality is better =)
Old 08-28-2002, 03:28 AM
Banned
Python523 is on a distinguished road
Re: Gift: Online Notification Script

Quote:
Originally posted by emortylone
Here is something I was playing w/ the other day on Maloria, and Cyber_X felt that it wasn't what he wanted, instead he wants me to make an online/left notification like Graal2k2 x.X I think that is HIGHLY unoriginal, and a pure waste of my scripting abilities =/ This is now in use on SL (it is in the NC, but not in use by the players, YET, so hang out there if you want to see what it can do). It has two functions:
/notify [acc]
typing this will set strings in the Control-NPC to have it send you a PM when that player comes online.
/endnotify
This part isn't yet tested, He was rushing me to get it off :'( but I am quite sure that it works, or if it doesn't, is a simple little error =P You MUST have an NPC Server to use this, as it sends the pm FROM the NPC Server, and uses a Control-NPC to store the strings. It took me a bit to make it, not a horribly long amount of time, but to adjust and make the strings work properly. I labeled what needs to be the Weapon, and what needs to be in the Control-NPC. The part with a weapon, I recommend you name it like -notify so it is invisible to the players, and do:
NPC Code:

if (actionplayeronline)
{ with (getplayer(#a))
{ addweapon -notify;}
}
}

as it gives to everyone. Enjoy, and let me know if you have viewed and/or are intending on using it XP. If you want to see some NPC Server (serversided except the triggeraction for the most part) commands, this is a good example
---Shifter
it is oxy*****ic to get the player(#a) on actionplayeronline as it is a triggeraction sent by the client therefore the script you put will be run ON the client (not clientside but whatever you do, such as addweapon scripts, will only effect that client unless you tell the script to get another players attributes, etc, etc)
Old 08-28-2002, 06:47 AM
Jagen, I understand the coding, for the sheer fact that I MADE it! The whole POINT was to make it run for the player and send a PM to them x.X So therefore it NEEDS to be run like that =/ jesus, if you're going to criticize, please understand NPC Server better =/ How exactly are you 2k1 NPC team when you don't know the NPC server that well :'(
---Shifter
Old 08-28-2002, 07:45 AM
Banned
I was talking about the part you posted, I didn't bother downloading the level
Old 08-28-2002, 08:05 AM
LOL... I just screw w/ people. if you didn't download the script, you really don't know how it works :'( But I just was playing around... sorry if you took it agressivly =/
---Shifter
Old 08-29-2002, 08:51 AM
SHUTUP WHEN IM TALKING TO
ghostsamurai is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ghostsamurai Send a message via Yahoo to ghostsamurai
Re: Gift: Online Notification Script

Quote:
Originally posted by emortylone
/notify [acc]
/endnotify
NPC Code:

if (actionplayeronline)
{ with (getplayer(#a))
{ addweapon -notify;}
}
}

---Shifter
Neonight:

I'm here to bash you and your horrible scripting skills.

1.) That getplayer(#a) is a VERY old command. What you posted is nothing new, at all. Lyndzey helped me with serverscripting last year when I was going to make stuff for NightLord.

2.) Your skills look lower than mediocre. That's just judging by this post... and your other zillion "bragging" posts.

Granted, I'm not trying to start a fight... (Or actually, I am.. Sort of.) I just wish you'd tone your "omg u suck i pwn u at scriptin u n00b" bragging posts.

Now, then, if you're using Maloria's stuff... Oh wait! That means you're no better than Valikorlians! I know for a fact that Jagen could easily beat you in a scripting contest. He has got to be one of the top 10 scripters on Graal, along with Jeff, Kaimetsu, Antago, etc.

Frankly, you sound exactly like you are the best scripter, simply because you know how to use the getplayer commands. I've got news for you, buddy. By now, over half of Graal knows how to use that.

Neonight's birthday is in:

6 days.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:05 AM
Omg, that was SERIOUSLY pathetic. with (getplayer(#a)) isn't quite an OLD command, it is still frequently used, and is generally one of the best ways to do things with an NPC Server. Get off my ass, I could care less what you think 1st off, and you haven't shown any skillz, so don't say anything. And 1) am I not allowed to say that things are simple b/c they really are? I'm sorry, I'll NEVER post help for NPC's again. I'm SO sorry that I've upset people and that I won't admit to Jagen being one of the top 10 ( no offense Jagen). I doubt too much that it would do much to have a scripting competition x.X There is a certain point to which you do not have much to learn when it comes to scripting, a point in which you understand TONS of information, the only thing to do then is to get better, learn better ways to do things. So go away and harass someone who gives a damn what you think x.X If I sound conceded or like I brag, whatever, I'm sorry, but that is life =/ gtg
---Shifter
Old 08-29-2002, 09:15 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

This is a popular misconception.
I wonder what antago has done to even give people this thought =/
and shifter, I never considered myself in the top 10, I think its kindof hard to say if the top 10 scripters as there is more than one definition for this, you could call script math and the commands, or just knowlege of the commands, and not EVERYONE gets well known, I don't know how well known giltwist was but he was REALLY good at math, but he didnt know how to convert from clientside - serverside that well, which I did for him usually, there are other people who are really good and dont ask for/dont get much credit, like sage chaozu
Old 08-29-2002, 06:06 PM
Banned
Antago is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Python523

I wonder what antago has done to even give people this thought =/
and shifter, I never considered myself in the top 10, I think its kindof hard to say if the top 10 scripters as there is more than one definition for this, you could call script math and the commands, or just knowlege of the commands, and not EVERYONE gets well known, I don't know how well known giltwist was but he was REALLY good at math, but he didnt know how to convert from clientside - serverside that well, which I did for him usually, there are other people who are really good and dont ask for/dont get much credit, like sage chaozu
who knows. i used to be good at getting the stuff down in old versions, but i wasn't much of a solver person. i haven't scripted anything in 2 and 1/2 years (other than basic npcs for levels)...so, i don't know. screw it
Old 08-29-2002, 10:52 PM
LOL kai. yes, with (getplayer(#a)) is really pointless, I was stating it as an acc, but it does actually keep things a bit more organized you know...
And you can't really decide WHO is top 10. You can say that a person is REALLY good and one of the top, but everyone weaknesses and skills. Timevar, I can't do that worth S**T! But I can do strings and vars and arrays very well. When it comes to complex math equations though, I could get better
---Shifter

Last edited by Kaimetsu; 08-30-2002 at 05:31 AM..
Old 08-30-2002, 06:21 AM
RavenTelvecho is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to RavenTelvecho Send a message via AIM to RavenTelvecho Send a message via Yahoo to RavenTelvecho
R0bin: LOL i remember when the npc server was first introduced... none of the scripting commands (getplayer) seem old to me.. heh.

^tuff newbie ;x
RavenTelvecho
!Booj
we are 'brothers'