Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-07-2002, 06:39 AM
Banned
royce is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to royce
Idea Stealing

It is a big problem these days. Rules should be applied so people like **** ***** dont go around saying you cant do this because I made it first or I made the idea. If something is in real life and you want to copy it then someone else wants to that should be totally legal and ok. Dont like it then go copyright it. What if I made up something new such as Billyjoebob dolls then no one can remake your billyjoebob dolls. If I made a plow then someone wanted to make a plow that would be ok because I was not the original one to think of a plow because I did not invent it, maybe for graal but not for life. Its practicly stealing the idea from the person who made it in real life. Graal is a part of life so . So how many ppl think something like this should be taken into consideration?
Old 02-07-2002, 06:43 AM
Seraphim Warrior
Faheria_LAT1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Faheria_LAT1 Send a message via AIM to Faheria_LAT1
You make no sense.. no sense at all. Soul Blade did create it first, everyone is copying him and the sad thing in this is that no one think of new things, they all copy others.

"I like movies where the guy shoots stuff, and then it blows up, and then this other guy shoots him, and then the first guy drives through a Coke sign, and it blows up, and the car flips over in slow motion, and then the guy gets out and pops his arm back in place, and then they fight 'cause they're out of bullets, and the guy says something like "This is Walmart, boy...and you just got price-checked!" - Broken Saints

"There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery when we were happy" - Dante

"If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat" - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

"Kingdoms ...rising without word. Collapsing without warning." - Broken Saints

Account now used by Silver and Mmmmkay
yoshee15 account has run out :[[[
Old 02-07-2002, 06:47 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by Faheria_LAT1
You make no sense.. no sense at all. Soul Blade did create it first, everyone is copying him and the sad thing in this is that no one think of new things, they all copy others.
Dont get all mad because I quit Faheria now.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:47 AM
Tired Sloth
Psyker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Psyker Send a message via Yahoo to Psyker
unless it's a really specific idea or that the exact images/scripts/ideas/themes have been copied, it isn't really stolen.

for example, being able to customize your looks using a different system isn't a stolen idea; it's a general idea. everyone wants it.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:52 AM
r_u_f_u_s is on a distinguished road
There is a thin line between inspiration and stealing... If you like how someone did something, use the general idea but make it your own, don't take it exactly from that playerworld as is. (Example: Mining Scripts: Most servers have them, you can use the idea but you should script it and be original!) Just stealing the whole concept and making the script similar is wrong.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:55 AM
Seraphim Warrior
Mr.Chik I am glad you quit because I hate to fire someone even though Shad told me to. Your graphics aren't great, im not sure why I hired you in the first place, I guess it was because I needed people, nonetheless, you suck

Also, the thing here is that Soul Blade made spear graphics and ganis and that now everyone is copying him, not the spear! They are copying HIS ideas and it's truly sad that we cant make a PW completely unique and original because of that.

"I like movies where the guy shoots stuff, and then it blows up, and then this other guy shoots him, and then the first guy drives through a Coke sign, and it blows up, and the car flips over in slow motion, and then the guy gets out and pops his arm back in place, and then they fight 'cause they're out of bullets, and the guy says something like "This is Walmart, boy...and you just got price-checked!" - Broken Saints

"There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery when we were happy" - Dante

"If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat" - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Old 02-07-2002, 07:04 AM
Banned
Androk2k1 is on a distinguished road
OMG Spear? How can you copy spear idea? You stole it from Medieville times then! Unless yur idea is like tottaly unique (something that has NO I reapeat NO equals not in real life nowhere) you can't tell anyone not to have it... My server is based on cool battle system and I'll need all ypes of weapons so i open Diablo walkthroughs and read them, then I go somewhere else and read... I hope i do make sense because I am really tired and my mind is practically not working...
Old 02-07-2002, 07:04 AM
I am X-Mann
WHIPENIE4 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to WHIPENIE4 Send a message via AIM to WHIPENIE4
Thats why i dont like posting ideas .. because unfortunealty there will always be people who will steal it from you , And i dont think other servers should post there ideas either , its not fair to everyone else who had a simular idea then they are accused of stealing. Its ok to post screenshots etc.. to show your level quality , post your map , some gfx that dont really give out your whole idea.

- X-Mann (Blessing Graal since 1998) Haha

- Graal 2000 Project (Contact Me to get Apart of this expierience

Windows Vista. Graal. Not a Good Combination.
Old 02-07-2002, 07:10 AM
delete all proofs
omni-m00gle is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to omni-m00gle
Just like Valikorlia stole my copyrighted *Sword script.

Never taste of the fruit...

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
on andor i got jailed for
impersonating me
Old 02-07-2002, 12:30 PM
Banned
Quote:
Mr.Chik I am glad you quit because I hate to fire someone even though Shad told me to. Your graphics aren't great, im not sure why I hired you in the first place, I guess it was because I needed people, nonetheless, you suck

Also, the thing here is that Soul Blade made spear graphics and ganis and that now everyone is copying him, not the spear! They are copying HIS ideas and it's truly sad that we cant make a PW completely unique and original because of that.
Yea ok w/e in the bold. Just remember, I saved Faheria.
Old 02-07-2002, 12:31 PM
Seraphim Warrior
Quote:
Originally posted by royce

You're not even funny.

Old 02-07-2002, 12:49 PM
Banned
Quote:

You're not even funny.
Do you think I am trying to be funny? I am totally serious. God,you and me know that I came up to you to tell ya that you should run faheria and dont let it go with shadrock then you considered the idea. Now everyone knows.
Old 02-07-2002, 01:47 PM
Seraphim Warrior
Yeah, thats the only good thing you've ever done.
BUT, Mmmmkay would've taken ownership anyway if he had been there at the time.

Old 02-07-2002, 02:00 PM
entravial is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to entravial Send a message via AIM to entravial Send a message via Yahoo to entravial
omg it's graal get a grip mr. chik

If the post says ~AlphaFlame~, that's who's posting. If not, it's Entravial (owner)
Old 02-07-2002, 03:19 PM
RUBIX CUBE TEAM.
Zelgadis_Geywords is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis_Geywords
Quote:
Originally posted by royce

The word:

Ego

The definition:

NOUN
Inflected forms: pl. e·gos
1. The self, especially as distinct from the world and other selves. 2. In psychoanalysis, the division of the psyche that is conscious, most immediately controls thought and behavior, and is most in touch with external reality. 3. a. An exaggerated sense of self-importance; conceit. b. Appropriate pride in oneself; self-esteem.

ETYMOLOGY
New Latin, from Latin, I, See eg. Sense 2, translation of German Ich, a special use of ich, I, as a psychoanalytic term.

---
"Let not thy good deeds be flaunted as an instrument of guilt..."