Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-26-2014, 09:02 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up I would enjoy

Subject - Gang Discussion

I'll try keep this short and sweet without adding much detail, we could discuss it further if you guys think it could work.

This isn't an idea based on trying something to make it good for everyone this is just something i personally would enjoy and would raid a lot more if it were to happen. I'm fed up trying to please other people and i think that could be the problem with gang admins instead of trying their own ideas.

I've had this idea long before iera and it's something that works. You just need to take a look at GTA San adreas it was the biggest GTA going and this is the reason why. I am also pretty sure this idea is used on iera.

However, i think using the word gangs can now be scrapped because it's not so much gangs anymore nobody really cares about gangs. Friends would rather be with friends so instead why not make it more of a mafia theme. Let's have less families but more of them controlling the map.

When you hit M and the map comes up, let's have different colors for different territory owned by that family/gang. These can be raided and reclaimed by other family/gangs. Current family/gangs can raid and expand their territory as well. Now you will say that's not enough to satisfy people as they get nothing out of it. I agree, nowadays people want to earn something that's where we go into more detail but I'll give some suggestions that could be done. You capture an area and are in the building/area of other territory when captured you get care packages dropped with point bonuses in them like x100 points added to you, ammo packages, food packages and other chances of winning other cool stuff. The gang with the most owned territory get's weekly EC's, MVP's, point bonuses and gets free gang guns to use for x-amount of time etc etc The hell i know but add some cool shi t.

This is where businesses become fun, in these areas where you capture you get to control and get the profits from business sales. (Further thinking is required)

Capturing these areas wont simply be as easy as standing in a circle (more thinking would be required)

All family's would have rank orders and can NOT be changed.
Boss
Underboss
consiglere
capo
capo
capo
soilder
soilder
soilder

Let's give ranks a meaning again. The profits get divided out by a %. The boss getting more and the soilder getting a less but everybody get's a cut. Gangs/Mafia are in it for money, let's give it now that we are coming into an age of pumping millions in to keep players happy so let's keep them happy. They want money, let's give it to them.

This is where PPA can come back into it or paid mercenaries (same thing really) to help gangs defend their territory during invasions from other family's.

Sooo much more can be done with this.. It'll take a lot of work and it can always be updated when it's implemented like weekly updates to keep adding content.....

Summary: Familys instead of gangs, smaller crews but more familys. Map control/mark by color of their crew. Get's money and gear from owning these areas and doing mafia s hit. and bla bla bla so much more.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:39 PM
xDarkTAx is on a distinguished road
Gang system just changed, This idea sounds interesting but I think having less gangs/families is better than having more. If there is 15-20 different families the gangs admin is going to have a hard time helping each family individually. Or there will be no customization and that would also suck.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:52 PM
Has it changed though? All i see is gangs going in circles no really major change. We have already been here and already gangs are dying out again. Grabbing an NPC taking us to the level is that really a good change?

As for changes, all they got to do is make changes that effect all gangs and who cares if it's hard work, they can hire more people and get busy. Gang admins dont do much anyway so this is a chance to make them busy.

Gangs should be the center of attention on era right now, that's what everybody wants and plays. We should have people working on gangs daily, trust me.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:58 AM
xDarkTAx is on a distinguished road
I'm not against gang changes, i'm actually for them. We just don't currently have a gangs admin to make changes. I also think this current system should be given at least a week of active players before it is completely thrown away. The gang(family) system you are talking about would need not only the existence of a gangs admin but one that was willing to devote a lot of time to it. Ish is going to be gone for a week so I don't think anything will be done until then anyways. But your idea sounds like an Interesting system if nothing else.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:10 AM
He wouldn't be able to change anything this week regardless of being here or not. This needs to be discussed about and thought out first if it were to be implemented.

I guarantee this change would be better played out than any gang change era has ever had.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Sounds the same as the 10-15 gangs we had a couple weeks ago.
What makes it different?? Standardized ranks?
Old 12-28-2014, 12:32 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
I would never join a family if the first rank was soilder, more like soldier.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
Sounds the same as the 10-15 gangs we had a couple weeks ago.
What makes it different?? Standardized ranks?
Did we have territory around the map that you control? That you take over that gain you more resources. Gaining territory with businesses in them gaining their profits? And a lot more to what i said?

The 10-15 gangs would work if we had what i said implemented to make it work. You think changing gang numbers/limits etc etc is a fix to the system? You're mistaken if you believe that. You need to give gangs a purpose man, you can change it as many times as you want but there needs to be a purpose behind being in a gang and doing gang stuff.

@Willa I just copy and pasted them ranks from the mafia ranks of Google, well spotted lol