Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 05:47 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
PK ideas

Place your ideas here to help motivate better PKing.

Make the movement reduction increase as they bleed more and more.

If below 50% hp and in PK mode make the player slow down if they move from level to level

There are probably more good ones. Please add!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:56 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Removal of absolutely ridic. guns like flak. Cmon, talk about p2w
-While we're at it, removal of gang guns. Refund the points, but jesus talk about OP or just annoying.

Adding a second EP-type gang

Fixing up the eventbot to include more events.

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:02 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Could make Mars Auto host every 2 hours or so? or if playercount is >60 auto host every few hours?
Old 01-16-2014, 09:31 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by -HateD- View Post
Place your ideas here to help motivate better PKing.

Make the movement reduction increase as they bleed more and more.

If below 50% hp and in PK mode make the player slow down if they move from level to level

There are probably more good ones. Please add!
I have to disagree with your points. That's basically asking for a free kill, just keep chasing him down eventually he will have nowhere to go and will bleed out or just kill him. See no issues here.

I have a lot of points, might post them up later but i'll post up one for now.

Remove food from gang bases, we have beds and medic packs. We do not need food in there.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:01 AM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Remove food from gang bases, we have beds and medic packs. We do not need food in there.
This yeahhhhhhhh!
But maybe get rid of medic packs too, that seems 2ez

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Quote:
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:50 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
You also have boomerangs (Christmas and Valentines Day) Halloween Boomerang although it takes hp from the enemy and gives it to you, Healing Crates. Also there's a gang base buff that heals you for a percent of melee damage dealt, all items that could be removed from gang base/raids to prevent healing.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
You also have boomerangs (Christmas and Valentines Day) Halloween Boomerang although it takes hp from the enemy and gives it to you, Healing Crates. Also there's a gang base buff that heals you for a percent of melee damage dealt, all items that could be removed from gang base/raids to prevent healing.
I'm not trying to prevent healing. We have beds and medic packs to heal. Would make it more tactical if we had to use beds and medic packs as the only way to heal and add crates and boomers to the gang shop for gang points.

Having food is just stupid to be honest. You can just eat a pizza once and then run around taping D to keep eating on the move? I can go to 30/40-0 a raid if i want because food is to OP and easy to use to heal myself every hit i take.

Also would give guys who are trying to fight 1v2 or 2v3 a better chance at coming back and taking over the base as those guys wouldn't have time to heal as fast as they would if they had food.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:23 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
Unless I'm mistaken, food is severely nerfed during 'pk' It heals half and there's a cool down timer, plus you're frozen for a second or two when you consume in. (Unless this doesn't apply to all foods any more.)
Old 01-17-2014, 04:26 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
You could add incentives to PKing. I know it's similar to the achievements but those are stupid and useless and these could reset daily.

Such as:
Get 50 gang kills while on gang tag gives you "X" reward
Capture "10 gang bases" receive "X" reward
Get 100 kills and receive "X" reward
Get 15 kills with a grenade you get "X" reward

I don't know just silly stuff like that, maybe rewards be like anything up to 5k.
I got to go though could think of more later.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimps View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, food is severely nerfed during 'pk' It heals half and there's a cool down timer, plus you're frozen for a second or two when you consume in. (Unless this doesn't apply to all foods any more.)
I have to disagree and say that it's buffed. Considering it heals you 40HP and i know other food does more every few seconds. You eat it and within 3 secs you can move and eat it again. Also pizza and donuts you can eat and run on the move, you can just keep eating and run around for days until your health is back up.

Before you couldn't move for a good 10 seconds at the most and we never had food where you could run, eat and heal.

Also all of this doesn't help when you have people running around with juggernaut who cant be killed with Armour regeneration. Would be nice for staff to check that out and remove it or fix it, it's to OP. When i had it nobody could kill me, at all. That is just stupid.

Last edited by Kohola_KinG; 01-17-2014 at 05:34 AM..
Old 01-17-2014, 06:29 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
Ahh, well I know doughnuts only heal for 20 instead of 40 while in PK, also it has a 1 sec move time, and I think another 1-2 seconds before you can eat another one. Since that's the food I use, I don't know others apparently are different now.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:23 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Unhealable damage.

e.g. You have 140hp. You get shot and take 20 damage. 5 of that damage becomes unhealable until you die, so if you were to heal now you could only heal up to 135hp. If you run at one hit and heal you might only be able to heal to 110hp, and then if you run at one hit again you might only be able to heal to 90, then 70, etc. So the effect has diminishing returns, but eventually it'll catch up to the runners, and it becomes more worthwhile just to fight until you die than to run again.

Obviously disable it in spars and events or w/e. You could make armor more useful by making armor absorb most (NOT ALL!) of the unhealable damage instead of armor just being like a lame health extender.

Last edited by Demisis_P2P; 01-17-2014 at 12:43 PM..
Old 01-17-2014, 04:22 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Unhealable damage.

e.g. You have 140hp. You get shot and take 20 damage. 5 of that damage becomes unhealable until you die, so if you were to heal now you could only heal up to 135hp. If you run at one hit and heal you might only be able to heal to 110hp, and then if you run at one hit again you might only be able to heal to 90, then 70, etc. So the effect has diminishing returns, but eventually it'll catch up to the runners, and it becomes more worthwhile just to fight until you die than to run again.

Obviously disable it in spars and events or w/e. You could make armor more useful by making armor absorb most (NOT ALL!) of the unhealable damage instead of armor just being like a lame health extender.
Yeaup.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:56 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I like the idea of unhealable damage. While this is a new thread I might as well toss out what I've been working on. Since it is pk-related.

I've been working on a new gang event for those who aren't aware. Simply raid a gang base for kills/defend the base for extra points. In this case I chose the LC base because of it's size. During gang events I expect there to be quite a few gangs involved.

Here are some screen shots of what I have done so far:

This is the unstick-like area with an interesting twist; once you leave the box, you're in it till the end.

Here are some cool features:
-If you control the base, you will respawn in the base (unless you're being raided).
-I added a 10 second respawn time in between kills and deaths.
-I added double points for kills in the base.
-I have a basic GUI that will provide players with statics of top players and top gangs.
-Best part is ET's should be able to host this without any admin intervention.

If you don't like something or you'd like to provide ideas of your own feel free.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:24 PM
Still wasting time here?
I guess I have the following questions/concerns:

-how is this fundamentally different from raiding the active base? I understand the respawn timer, closeness, and whatnot, but what really changes in the end? Bonus points are still awarded for owning a specific point every minute and w/e

-What restrictions are there on ET hosting to prevent spamming of this event? (Looking for something similar to the time and 'events in between' restrictions that occur for ULMStypes)

-The double points in the base makes me feel like it would detract a ton from raiding (which daaamn people have fought a lot to protect.)

Quote:
Quote: