Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-04-2011, 12:52 AM
Don't Go Mister!
OasaTor_PK is a jewel in the roughOasaTor_PK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to OasaTor_PK
A Round Table Discussion

I would like to put forward an idea for an event. Perhaps we can have a discussion in game in regards to what the players want to discuss. Instead of being censored through these forums, we can discuss in game with tig with what we like, what we don't like, and maybe be rewarded with some neat stuff for voicing our opinions.

Simply take a room, put tig on the top with a table of sorts. Being able to put forward questions and comments and have a full on discussion. I think its what we need as a community at this point.

This thread is not breaking any rules as I am simply putting forward an idea to better the community and the server, as clearly what is going on right now is tearing the community apart.

Thanks,
Leader of the Graal Kingdom Activists (GKA)
Oasa Loxeus
Old 05-04-2011, 12:56 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
I'd be in favor of this. There's clearly tension, we're a small community. Why not?
Old 05-04-2011, 12:57 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I support this idea. :o
Old 05-04-2011, 01:14 AM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
Might want to do something like an IRC chat. In-game doesn't seem like a medium for discussions that would be taken seriously.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Memitim will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Memitim
Maybe a in game forum similar to UNs but less awkward topics. Maybe just Topics like:
Suggestions:
-Development
-Events
-Gear

Broken Content:
-Levels
-Graphics
-Scripts

News:
-Updates
-Major Events
-Hirings

Kingdoms
-Dustari
-Crescent Pirates
-Samurai
-Zormite

These forums would be moderated by GP's, Manager, and Department Heads and Kingdom Kings (1 king per kingdom).

Gold Members can have unlimited posts per hour.
Trial Accounts are limited to 10 posts per hour.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:34 AM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Aeko stole my stamp of approval.

@ingame forums idea: The idea itself isn't bad, but the round table would bring a greater RP feel, and I believe discussions would be much better this way. We could also record the discussions to watch later or post on forums to continue it (and keep better track of suggestions, etc..)
Old 05-04-2011, 01:41 AM
Only problem i have with the round table convo is this; you are going to have 5-6 newbies in game who do not comprehend a lick of english who just blurt out random crap or flood the screen with random characters. Its a good idea, but how are you going to prevent a lapse of text. Its a pain in the butt as it is to talk in Bomboria trade with out having your text running into someone else s.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:43 AM
Don't Go Mister!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memitim View Post
Only problem i have with the round table convo is this; you are going to have 5-6 newbies in game who do not comprehend a lick of english who just blurt out random crap or flood the screen with random characters. Its a good idea, but how are you going to prevent a lapse of text. Its a pain in the butt as it is to talk in Bomboria trade with out having your text running into someone else s.
Tig is a talented scripter, I am sure he could script something to make it so that players are only able to speak if granted the coin to speak.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Easy solution to this problem. Discussion takes place in a level far removed from Bomboria trade, and if people get ridiculous, they'd be removed. One people are inside, doors get locked. You could probably come in even if late by asking whoevers in-charge. But people who get kicked would stay kicked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OasaTor_PK View Post
Tig is a talented scripter, I am sure he could script something to make it so that players are only able to speak if granted the coin to speak.
That'd be easily used to shut up some truth sayers.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:54 AM
As long as those things a implemented then you have my stamp of approval.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:57 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Couldn't he just go through and read old threads for a list of problems of GK, do you really need to bother him with a round-table style discussion?

I don't see the fun and excitement or any profound realizations coming out of it, will most likely just make players feel like they're being listened to, and just be used to complain to Tig directly.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:01 AM
Don't Go Mister!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Couldn't he just go through and read old threads for a list of problems of GK, do you really need to bother him with a round-table style discussion?

I don't see the fun and excitement or any profound realizations coming out of it, will most likely just make players feel like they're being listened to, and just be used to complain to Tig directly.
Our voices are silenced before one person can reply to another, with this kind of open forum anyone can say what they want.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:02 AM
I think the intent that oasa was trying to make is that on these forums your censored heavily; and since there is a tight tension in the community as it is. A in game discussion so players are not bound to some of the absurd rules on here, can freely speak their minds and get what ever problems is causing a friction resolved.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:19 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I think the intent that oasa was trying to make is that on these forums your censored heavily; and since there is a tight tension in the community as it is. A in game discussion so players are not bound to some of the absurd rules on here, can freely speak their minds and get what ever problems is causing a friction resolved.
You're being moderated by the one you want to put in the center of your circle, the one you expect to listen to you.

If you can't even discuss it on these forums, I don't see how it would be even possible in-game/IRC.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:25 AM
Unlike these forums; there is a bit more free speech in game.
You aren't punished for double talking,
You aren't punished for mentioning someones name,
Your comments aren't hidden if someone doesn't like them.
It's a bit more personal when its player to player instead of forum.
Conversations can progress in a more progressive way in game then on forum.
Ideas are widely accepted in game then on forum.

Pretty much to sum it all up:
Forums = Modern Day China

In Game = Being stuck in the Rain Forest, as long as you can out run the Native players before they kill your for your idiocy your good to go.