Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 12:28 AM
JupiterJump is on a distinguished road
Angry Gang guns.

Bringing back gang guns would boost the activity from players x3. Whats the whole point of joining a gang if nothing benifits you and there isn't a goal you can achieve with it? Gang guns gave members a purpose to join a gang and would set there goals mainly to getting the gun or a rank which would entitle them to the next open gang gun. The more players joining a gang will boost the player count which means more raids which boosts the player count, gives player a reason to come on which is to raid. For example raids are dead now because noone raids, theres no rewards for raiding, the player count is low.Gang guns also were a chalange to fight against, most players enjoy a challenge instead of standing at unstick me and talking. Gang guns may seem like just guns but it really circulates the whole purpose of a gang and the reason why you should join it, before it may have been messed up in ways but with a new Manager and almost a whole entire new staff team you can approach it in a more fair way.

For example: Randy wants the new gang gun. The head of the council rodger offerd him it for 20k$. He wants the new gang guns so he goes and makes more money. Rodger tells him that it's account locked and can only be used ontag. He buys the gun then he goes and raids with it everyone is jealous of his new gang gun. He just then gets recruiter, he hires a few friends interested in joining a gang. Theres 2 more gang guns open to the top players. Randy hired 5 new members they really want that gun. They start playing era more,PK more, raid more. Rodger is impressed with all there effort and dedication to the gang. Rodger gives them a recruiting position which makes them want to get on more and raid for that new gun. The top two raiding members get the gang guns. They love it also and raiding twice they amount they used to. The other gang members are kind of mad that they didn't get it. Danny and jim get banned which means they lose the gang gun.

If you get what i'm saying here is that every member has a chance to get the gang guns. New rules about these guns should be more like: If you get banned and you have a gang gun it goes back to the Leader of the gang for new members to get a chance at it. It can only be used ontag and in gang events. You can't use it in regular events or offtag. It is account locked so members don't sell it for twenty times the amount they paid for it then that members loses it. Last time they didn't approach it well and it ended up as a disaster. Approaching it while almost an entirly new staff team could maybe fix what is wrong and give it a new chance instead of totally dumping the idea. It may just be alittle thing for gangs but it gives erians a reason to PK,practice pking, and get into a gang and proving themselves by raiding.

Last edited by JupiterJump; 04-22-2010 at 04:39 AM..
Old 04-22-2010, 12:37 AM
iRedemption is an unknown quantity at this point
jim, randy, rodger, and danny are noobs.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRedemption View Post
jim, randy, rodger, and danny are noobs.
They are noobs it's an example.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:03 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterJump View Post
Bringing back gang guns would boost the activity from players x3. Whats the whole point of joining a gang if nothing benifits you and there isn't a goal you can achieve with it? Gang guns gave members a purpose to join a gang
I stopped there. If you want me to read everything you have to say, you should learn to format your writing a bit better...instead of putting it all in one massive paragraph.

From what I read, I will say that gang guns are not the "purpose" that gangs need. I don't think simply bringing back gang guns will solve anything except maybe make a few people happy in the short term. If they're brought back in the same form as they were in the past, they will end up doing more harm than good.

Use your noggin and come up with someone a little more creative that will benefit gangs in the long term.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:06 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
I read the first sentence then stopped. Please, there is an "enter" key on your keyboard for a reason.

Anyway, I don't see gang guns saving gangs in themselves. After the mall fixes I'm working on now, I plan to begin on the gang system and will include gang guns as a part of this (using a gun-rack type system).

My main question for the community, however, is whether gang guns should be tag locked or not.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:14 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
My main question for the community, however, is whether gang guns should be tag locked or not.
I say yes because it's a gang gun and should only be used when you're participating with the gang. Also, if players don't have to pay for it (gun rack), then they would end up using it all of the time instead of buying other weapons (off tag).
Old 04-22-2010, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I read the first sentence then stopped. Please, there is an "enter" key on your keyboard for a reason.

Anyway, I don't see gang guns saving gangs in themselves. After the mall fixes I'm working on now, I plan to begin on the gang system and will include gang guns as a part of this (using a gun-rack type system).

Fixed the paragraph formatting

I just witnessed the first raid in about 2 weeks. It was me and 187. The raid died 15 minutes later. <<<<<< Modern day raiding for Era.

Good to hear that they are still making the new gang system, i was told it was trashed after sales resigned from Manager .
Old 04-22-2010, 01:22 AM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
I say yes because it's a gang gun and should only be used when you're participating with the gang. Also, if players don't have to pay for it (gun rack), then they would end up using it all of the time instead of buying other weapons (off tag).
i say no, keep business guns tag locked but gang guns shouldn't be restricted to only people on tag
Old 04-22-2010, 04:13 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
You spelled "challenge" wrong twice.

Gang guns were good, but what's the point? Pretty much the 5 people who would get the guns would be the leaders friend. Unless they get into a fight or leave no one else will get the gun. If that does happen another friend will get it.

New players won't stand a chance even if they are good.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:29 AM
GANG gun racks will be awesome, but yeah... make people get on tag to use them because then everyone will start raiding eachother in their bases (where I imagine this rack would be).

Can someone explain them a little better though? Will there be any rules or are they set by the leader? How many? Stats? Alot more people will start to play again if they can take turns using some badass gun for free!!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:40 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
gang guns have no purpose other than providing an over powered weapon to select people on the server. I think the idea of a gang gun should be eliminated completely. the gun rack idea is pretty good but won't prevent conflicts between gangs based on the stats of each weapon. overall they cause more problems than benefits.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Trak will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
gang guns have no purpose other than providing an over powered weapon to select people on the server. I think the idea of a gang gun should be eliminated completely. the gun rack idea is pretty good but won't prevent conflicts between gangs based on the stats of each weapon. overall they cause more problems than benefits.
I agree, and as well as that you have the ***** Gang Leaders who want to change their gang gun every week.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:59 PM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
Bring back the bherv2 or the bb magnum!!!
Old 04-24-2010, 01:17 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Another gang question: Sales' system was originally going to allow anyone to create a gang and grant certain privileges (e.g. gang guns) to certain gangs based on their relation to other gangs on the server (points, whatever). I like this idea but would like to hear what others think in regards to a static (staff-controlled gangs like now) versus dynamic (anyone can create one, like parties) number of gangs.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:27 AM
you could always just limit parties to 15 members and keep gangs the way they are