Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 04:33 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Post Jobs

What jobs are worth keeping in this "new" Era? Personally, I'm for removing flower picking and adding a real job in its place, namely fishing.

Also, if you've got any ideas for new jobs or how the old jobs can be re-implemented, those would be appreciated as well.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:37 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Assassination gigs featuring NPCs random placed in buildings and what not. Payment = level of resistance = amount of gigs completed. Fishing is old and stale, everyone's had enough of it on every server.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:37 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
All of them

To be honest I dont care about flower-picking, because I've never used it.

and you should try to change the woodcutting system, it was a lot of potential but it needs some adjustments (mainly requiring less hard material to build nice things.... more things to build... etc)
Old 10-16-2009, 04:41 AM
Vlad5 is on a distinguished road
Leave the jobs as they are. Flower picking is classic, it can't and should not be removed. Just increase the ammount of money you get when you put in a set. It's too low. It takes 1 hr of work for 1k.
Take tree-chopping down. It's a failed attempt.
And the assassination gigs idea was not bad.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:41 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
imo everything should be playermade. Ie: cars are made by players. Players get tires from the streets and sell them to the car npc dude. then players can make a car by going through the motions (like how we made pizzas).

Another example would be if a player wants to buy a hat, he has to sell certains items (Dye and Cloth) to a npc for the hats to be made.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:51 AM
Megamaniac is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Megamaniac
All jobs should be combat-centric IMO, and they should play off of eachother; one job requires trying to stop the other from completing their task and vice versa. This would make them infinitely more fun, and keep it in tune with the feel of the server.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:54 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
All servers have their own traditions and "marks". Flower picking has been on Era for a LONG time, I think I remember logging on in late 2002 and it was there as one of the original "jobs". Don't remove it, oldbies hate it when midbies/newbies come to power on their servers and begin messing with their history.

Era is a modern server, so think about it...how does the average thug make money in real life? Obviously can't have drug dealing but you could replace that with "box delivery". Assassinations would be nice, maybe have party assassinations where you make a small party consisting of like 3-4 people and take on some big time guys. The old taxi job (dunno if it's still there, haven't played Era in a few years) was nice as well as random stocking jobs in food shops and gun shops.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:58 AM
Megamaniac is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Megamaniac
A more important thing to realize is that Era needs a more diverse economy to begin with. As of now guns and places to put your guns are about all that people care about making money for. Instruments to a lesser extent, but there needs to be more fun content to motivate people to make money.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:59 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Flower picking was the only job when the server was released, for a long time
In fact, it was there before most of the overworld was finished(when the server was still UC).

Man... flower picking hit detection was so bad back then...

Last edited by DustyPorViva; 10-16-2009 at 05:28 AM..
Old 10-16-2009, 05:14 AM
Master Blaster
deathbarrier99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to deathbarrier99 Send a message via Yahoo to deathbarrier99
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
imo everything should be playermade. Ie: cars are made by players. Players get tires from the streets and sell them to the car npc dude. then players can make a car by going through the motions (like how we made pizzas).

Another example would be if a player wants to buy a hat, he has to sell certains items (Dye and Cloth) to a npc for the hats to be made.
Here we come sweatshops.

I shall not rest until every idiot has been vanquished!

Eros Cassini (Mon May 08 13:16:32 2006):
You're the fat Cassini
Old 10-16-2009, 05:16 AM
Coffeefilter no more!
lardy227 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to lardy227 Send a message via AIM to lardy227 Send a message via MSN to lardy227 Send a message via Yahoo to lardy227
Beer making :3
Like get some supplies and mix them together and make the greatest brew on era! (For sell, use for stats, etc.)
Or drink making lolol

Butya if that's not possible then maybe some construction job, where like if LATs are expecting to make something new, they'd release this and then they'd nail things together and stuff just to make it more real :d
ERG.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:32 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbarrier99 View Post
Here we come sweatshops.
Uh oh, our master plan was figured out...

anyway I was thinking maybe we could do something along the lines of a construction job, you could pretty much make anything, as long as you have the required materials. Beds, lockers, chairs, tables.

Along with the idea of fishing, I was thinking that there could be a shop where you could either sell the fish or buy the fish. Then maybe there could be a NPC shop where you could bring your fish and maybe cook it, maybe make some fish sandwiches.

I would also like to mention that I think mining needs an update. To me it's very boring, and also looks like it's how the miners mined during the 60's... maybe a new way to mine.. not sure

opinions? I was just throwing ideas out there..
Old 10-16-2009, 05:36 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Ideally I'd like to do it somewhat like it's done in real life; everyone relies on everyone else, and people are motivated by "greed"/profit. If, for example, a wood workshop making furniture needed wood, they would be willing to pay a lot for it, and then others would take up the opportunity and go chop some trees.

I don't really know how well this would work, though. It might be best to keep it to player-independent jobs and basic stocking businesses.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:50 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbarrier99 View Post
Here we come sweatshops.
All the cool kids work in one
Old 10-16-2009, 07:03 AM
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
All servers have their own traditions and "marks". Flower picking has been on Era for a LONG time, I think I remember logging on in late 2002 and it was there as one of the original "jobs". Don't remove it, oldbies hate it when midbies/newbies come to power on their servers and begin messing with their history.
This is a very toxic type of thought that permeates most of Graal.

Just because something is old, doesn't mean it's good.

to make another point:
Just because you've played longer, doesn't make you any better/give you any rights.

I've played this server since 2002, and I wouldn't mind at all to see flower picking gone. Sure, it's been around for forever. Doesn't mean it should stay. First of all, it has no business being on a server based around gangs and gunplay, aside from the possible humour of a thug selling nicely wrapped bouquets to pay for his drug habit and fuel his violent rampages.
Secondly, it's not fun. At all. Remotely. Sorry. Yeah, I have memories of flower picking. Not many of them are good. And those that are don't involve the actual job, just events that happened while I was doing it.

This thinking is the exact thinking that's stagnating Era and keeping it from going anywhere.

DON'T MAKE NEW GANGS, THE OLD ONES HAVE THE HISTORY!
DON'T GIVE RAIDING PURPOSE, BACK IN THE DAY WE RAIDED JUST TO RAID.
DON'T MAKE NEW JOBS, THIS ONE'S BEEN AROUND FOR <X> YEARS AND IS VALIDATED BASED ON LIFE SPAN.

Look, Era's not like a safeway union. Yeah, okay, Finneus has been in the Deli Department 10 years longer than you. He's getting more pay (and you'd be fired before him) based on that alone. Yet most of the time, he's sitting in the corner eating half of the lunch meat that he just cut. And when he's not doing that, he's on a smoke break.

I'll let you decide if Finneus deserves that.

Let's just judge whether or not these new job ideas are good and better than flower picking, shall we?

Last edited by MontyPython; 10-16-2009 at 09:49 AM..