Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
LOL man I think Warcaptain gave up on that game a long time ago. I remember I was mod on the main part of his forums, even though maybe 3-4 people posted a day. :P
He sent me a screen shot few weeks ago, said he was still working steady on it. Looks as bad as it was years ago tho. ;o
Old 01-27-2007, 10:25 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias View Post
If you are working on another project which has made you quit Esteria, then yes, you have grown tired of Esteria. If you weren't tired of it, you would have finished it and THEN began working on this other project. Don't bother trying to explain your way out of that.

We've seen you guys come and go. The people who have hyped themselves right out of Graal. Your thought processes are all the same:

"Hmmm... if we are getting this much hype from our unreleased Graal server, just imagine how popular our own game would be! Plus we would be in total control and be able to profit! Screw making a "damn" graal server! Those things are going nowhere!"

Then you spend up to a year finding out that you need a lot more experience managing and developing an online game than you thought.
Eh, I just cant explain this to you so you will understand that. Its like if you got a piece of chocolade. Then you see a cake, and eat the cake instead of the chocolade.
Well, we saw the cake, and are right now eating it, if you know what I mean. But we would have eaten the piece of chocolade if we didnt see it...
Old 01-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
The grass is always greener on the other side.

Just a heads up.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 01-28-2007, 01:34 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
"Hmmm... if we are getting this much hype from our unreleased Graal server, just imagine how popular our own game would be! Plus we would be in total control and be able to profit! Screw making a "damn" graal server! Those things are going nowhere!"
LOL of all people to talk about hype...
Old 01-28-2007, 01:47 AM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
LOL of all people to talk about hype...
That's the reason I'm being so hard on him. I've already been down this road. (well, not exactly to the point where I quit my server to make my own game, but close)

Old 01-28-2007, 02:14 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
That's the reason I'm being so hard on him. I've already been down this road. (well, not exactly to the point where I quit my server to make my own game, but close)
Did I ever say we will actuall sell that game? Probably not, lol.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:48 AM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Did I ever say we will actuall sell that game? Probably not, lol.
No but I only briefly hinted at that.

But what you are doing, is quitting a graal server when you're so far along in development to start on some completely new non-graal project.

Your analogy was pathetic. It's not hard to know that there are better options in terms of developing a game than Graal. Graal has most of the tools that you could possibly need, and a community and all of that... but it lacks being completely independant and you cannot host your own server and earn any money from it.

You are saying Graal is like a piece of chocolate in comparison to making your own game, free of any restraints. (the cake)

Except you fail to realize that there are plenty of restraints. A few being:

- lack of knowledge in programming
- lack of funds to run a server/pay staff/host sites/etc
- harder to find people interested in the project who can help develop for free
- a lot more work involved since you have to make everything from the ground up.

Of course if you just use some game engine like Torque and you are getting free hosting from someone and you have a lot of people helping you, you're still going to run into a boatload of problems. Your smug confident grin will slowly turn into a frown. I don't have to think that it will. I'm almost certain that it will.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:09 AM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
Lol don't tell the guy how he feels konidias, get over it.

"Oasis".
Old 01-28-2007, 03:15 AM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
Lol don't tell the guy how he feels konidias, get over it.

"Oasis".
Quote:
^ read.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:16 AM
Banned
Get off his balls konidias. I don't think he gives a crap that you've been down the same road.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:28 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Heh, I actually dont care what you are saying. Theres no problem for me to code my own game client, and I also know alot people who would help out with the project. I dont have any problems, what are yours?:]

Edit: Just noticed some wrong part in your post heh. Did I ever say the offline project will be the cake?:]
Old 01-28-2007, 06:16 AM
Old Bee
Quote:
Get off his balls konidias. I don't think he gives a crap that you've been down the same road.
How about you get off mine? Lately it seems like you have to reply to my posts just to give me hell.

Crow, I'm done trying to give advice. Good luck with your game... or project... or whatever it is that was more important than your server. I have a feeling you're going to need it. Even if you think you don't.

If there's anything I learned about you from this thread is that you're extremely closeminded and stubborn. I don't care if "you don't care" either. I never asked you if you cared anyway.

Old 01-28-2007, 07:13 AM
Banned
Lol this thread is funny.

Did you learn the lesson konidias? If no one wants your advice, don't bother giving it.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:48 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Lol this thread is funny.

Did you learn the lesson konidias? If no one wants your advice, don't bother giving it.
I kind of love you lol.

Konidias...I know it will be hard. But even if we wont finish it...it would have been a pretty good practice, ya know. And I also "dont care" what you think, say or want to say, because you cant tell me anything, heh. I can stop or continue the work on a project whenever I want, or make a new project out of a Graal server, who cares?
Old 01-28-2007, 02:30 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Atleast Konidias was doing the right thing trying to help them. But some people are ungrateful.