Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Maybe there should be a new global team dedicated to doing this. Personally I think they should have an Accounts Team of a few people who are in charge of passwords/accounts and distribution of gelats, etc.
How would they even know themselves? It's an ideal rather than an idea, I really can't see this system working efficiently.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:03 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
How would they even know themselves? It's an ideal rather than an idea, I really can't see this system working efficiently.
I guess you have a good point, but Stefan really didn't go in to detail about it so neither of us really know what to expect. Maybe you're taking it the wrong way.

Besides the fact that I now have to pay more to help Graal is something I don't like, but other than that I can see why they're basing things off of Gelats because I understand their future plans and I think it's a good plan and I like where it's headed. I wish there were some way they could decrease the prices though, especially for people just interested in developing, rather than playing, since my work/help is contributing to their paycheck.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 06-14-2008, 12:05 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Are you aware that the 8 months package is the price of the previous 12 months?
Stefan, you Unix need to come to America, bread isn't that expensive here
Old 06-14-2008, 12:08 AM
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Shakram is on a distinguished road
how they want to calculate who get more gelats than someone else ? :O
is scripting more worth than gfxing ?
do gps or faq get gelats too ?
the only way to do this is if evry item in the graalshop have the accounts of the creators in it so only this guys get the gelats
but this will end in that all people only do graalshop items and you have to pay for evrything
i would do the graalshop items for free if developing would be for free too
Old 06-14-2008, 12:43 AM
Sup
Mafukie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Mafukie Send a message via AIM to Mafukie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Maybe there should be a new global team dedicated to doing this. Personally I think they should have an Accounts Team of a few people who are in charge of passwords/accounts and distribution of gelats, etc.
No, the way it should work since gelats equal money is that the SERVER generates gelats then the SERVER MANAGER decides how much to delegate to their development team. Also if the SERVER MANAGER wants to add gelats to the server they can pay to add gelats to the server 'bank' and pay people with them that way if the server isn't yet earning gelats, they can still pay their dev team
Old 06-14-2008, 12:51 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
It would be cool if server managers got to distribute some gelats to the developers.

Personally, I don't think non-dev staff should be paid, as they are really having fun as they do it; think about NATs and other developers who spend their time scripting with little interaction with players.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:52 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I suppose working your ass off so you can continue working your ass off is an improvement over paying so you can work your ass off.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:56 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I suppose working your ass off so you can continue working your ass off is an improvement over paying so you can work your ass off.
Certainly. I'd rather work my ass off, and continue working my ass off, then work my ass off, then PAY to continue working my ass off
Old 06-14-2008, 06:59 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Graal is digging it's own grave. x.x;

I might think about purchasing more time later on if the UPDATES that were supposed to released (Flying tech, etc... ) were released. Usually when you pay for a game on any type of basis, updates are released. Graal over the past year has been;
1: (Update) V5
2: (Update) Several new ways of paying, gelets.
3: Killed any skill required in zone.
4: ????
5Update) Todays new ways of paying MORE (For me, I'm US)
6: Profit?
Old 06-14-2008, 07:37 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The Gelats+Subscription thing can be confusing although it makes things much more flexible. The prices are not really higher, it's less expensive for european people who bought gold bundle, its more expensive for US people who only bought one server before. Basicly we now bind prices to euro (which increases prices by 55 percent), and give you gold bundle in exchange. Also you get the starter packs and a much more flexible subscription system.
Paying 55 percent more is a pretty drastic jump. A 10-20 percent increase wouldnt be ALL that bad. I mean expect some quality content put out before thinking about charging more.

All i know is that im not going to pay 13 dollars more to get the same benefits i want now but with 4 months extra time. Unless playerworld developers get bonus gelets like stated.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 06-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I might think about purchasing more time later on if the UPDATES that were supposed to released (Flying tech, etc... ) were released. Usually when you pay for a game on any type of basis, updates are released.
There were many updates on many Graal servers. What people often don't realize is that there is a lot of under-the hood working required to keep Graal running and making it possible that playerworlds can release those things.

There is e.g. the networking, in the last year we had just 2 hours downtime of two machines (that are not hosted by ourself). Then there were many updates to the gservers and npcservers to support new scripting features and to remove glitches. We are also working on new client versions to add new features, speed things up, remove bugs, support new platforms. We have added a much easier way to rent a playerworld, we have introduced trading cards, made it possible to sent gift wishes (easier way to let someone upgrade without giving out passwords), we have made things more secure by adding a way to lock your account to a specific computer, made it possible to pause your subscription in case you plan to leave Graal for some time, added some tools for developers (gui editor, global chat, advanced scripted RC).

We know that we need to support Graal more by introducing new content and also helping playerworlds to use their full potential. Just saying that there are no updates or that 3 euro per month are too much is not really fair though.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Quote:
We know that we need to support Graal more by introducing new content and also helping playerworlds to use their full potential. Just saying that there are no updates or that 3 euro per month are too much is not really fair though.
Well you have to see it like this: they have to pay 13$ or so more, you have my guarantee that you can buy more with that, than you can buy with 3 € in germany (5 bags of panini stickers or so)

- Niklas
Old 06-14-2008, 05:47 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
The majority of the questions I asked haven't been answered yet.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:24 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What people often don't realize is that there is a lot of under-the hood working required to keep Graal running and making it possible that playerworlds can release those things.

What you don't realize is that the everyday player couldn't care less. Give us some useless fun crap that will amuse us until the next thing is released.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:21 PM
the fake one
Quote:
we have introduced trading cards,
Which most of us don't like.
Quote:
made it possible to pause your subscription in case you plan to leave Graal for some time,
Yes, but you've also increased the prices dramatically.
Quote:
added some tools for developers (gui editor, global chat, advanced scripted RC).
The global chat is hardly a tool for developers, and the GUI Editor is pretty lame. Most scripters prefer to write their own GUIs. And, most prefer the external RC over scripted. I'll admit that Skyld did a great job on the scripted RC though, and you have done a great job with external windows, but what we now need is a level editor, and decent GANI editor (I haven't tried the one someone made which you modified; I will try that).