Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
It's still cheaper than a console game.
Not even close to the same quality, however. You pay a price expecting something of equal quality or value, I doubt any customer at the current targeted age range could afford that much for such a bad state, or would even want to for that matter.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklux View Post
Nope its about 37 Dollars atm.. the problem is likely the current american recession and the low dollar.

But look at it from the european side:
We had to pay 60€ for half a year server hosting, while you had to pay 60$, which currently converts to about 40€ => a difference of 20€!

So all the time with the weak dollar we had to pay 20€ more, then you had to pay for it :O
My mistake. I usually have to pay through paybycash due to lack of paypal. So its actually 26.79 euro for their services plus the account charge which converts to around 42. Yeah yeah i know all about the american dollar going a bit down in value but the price now is ridiculous. im not paying 42 dollars to have 8 months of UC play.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 06-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Microsoft uses MS Points, Graal uses Gelats. Confusion? No. It's a way to avoid having to separate between pricing for everything.

You guys complain about stuff too much.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Have you read the thread? They increased the prices with even less time.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 06-13-2008, 10:46 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Not even close to the same quality, however. You pay a price expecting something of equal quality or value, I doubt any customer at the current targeted age range could afford that much for such a bad state, or would even want to for that matter.
A console game is pretty good if you get 40 hours out of it. You easily get more than that out of Graal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrified View Post
Microsoft uses MS Points, Graal uses Gelats. Confusion? No. It's a way to avoid having to separate between pricing for everything.

You guys complain about stuff too much.
It is more confusing than just selling subscriptions, and is clearly going to alienate new players seeing as even some old players aren't able to understand it.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The Gelats+Subscription thing can be confusing although it makes things much more flexible. The prices are not really higher, it's less expensive for european people who bought gold bundle, its more expensive for US people who only bought one server before. Basicly we now bind prices to euro (which increases prices by 55 percent), and give you gold bundle in exchange. Also you get the starter packs and a much more flexible subscription system.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:01 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Basicly we now bind prices to euro (which increases prices by 55 percent), and give you gold bundle in exchange
We don't want a gold bundle ...

I don't want to pay to have access to Zone, GK, or Classic.

I don't play Zone, there's no way I would have upgraded for GK, and I already have lifetime classic.

All I want is a UC subscription, or whatever it's called now.

I should NOT have to pay for a classic subscription, having already purchased a lifetime one, and I don't WANT to pay for Zone or GK.

This helps you make money; it does not help the players at all. In fact, it will probably make some of them not upgrade, including me.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Quote:
It's still cheaper than a console game.
I pay anywhere from $6-$30 for my ps2 games.

Yeah I can see some repeat customers turned off by this. It will end up being accepted in due time.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Sup
Mafukie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Mafukie Send a message via AIM to Mafukie
wheat is more expensive, so bread is more expensive. so they gotta push that cost on to us. I'm just waiting for some kind of quality content server to be released that is official for me to pay a monthly fee. I've gotten my money out of Graal no doubt and I'll continue to be a supporter. But we need some quality official servers with questing, crafting, dungeons, ect. But with a more modern / clean graphics. GK is rather ugly IMO, I'm sure its due for a total facelift
Old 06-13-2008, 11:22 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
I pay anywhere from $6-$30 for my ps2 games.
Why not bring up Virtual Console, Live Arcarde, WiiWare, etc. too? You know I was talking about the rule, not the exceptions.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Yes need to increase the quality of Graal in general and also help Playerworlds more
Old 06-13-2008, 11:29 PM
♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Shakram is on a distinguished road
development should be for free =/
i understand that the people have to pay for the servers but why have people to pay if they want to work on a server ...
if development servers would be free for staff and you can even develop with a new account without subscription graal would be much better :O
there are a lot of talented people (graphic artists , scripters...) who could help graal to become a very good mmo but i understand if they dont want to pay to help a mmo to become better ...
Old 06-13-2008, 11:35 PM
Graal Administration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakram View Post
development should be for free
We are thinking of adding ways that staff get some percentage of gelats made with server items, that way you could at least pay you own subscription or even development servers.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
A console game is pretty good if you get 40 hours out of it. You easily get more than that out of Graal.
The amount of time you get out of a game does not usually constitute as a reason for high pricing alone. Not one current server provides 40 hours of gameplay anyway other than Zodiac, unless you include idling a form of gameplay, which can be done on most console games anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
We are thinking of adding ways that staff get some percentage of gelats made with server items, that way you could at least pay you own subscription or even development servers.
This is a huge can of worms. Who would be put in charge of the distribution of gelats, the local managers? I can hear it now..

"..but a manager doesn't do anything, we do more work than him how can he decide on who gets gelats!"
"He isn't pulling his weight, but he's the manager's favorite, so he's getting more gelats"
"You've just done half of the overworld? Great, but _____ did a couple of new weapons which are more important."
"Let's make some new pointless staff teams so our friends can get in on the pay!"
"FAQs and GPs barely do anything, why are they paid staff when developers are expected to spend their time developing while all they have to do is an easy job for an easy ride?"
Old 06-13-2008, 11:56 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
This is a huge can of worms. Who would be put in charge of the distribution of gelats, the local managers? I can hear it now..
Maybe there should be a new global team dedicated to doing this. Personally I think they should have an Accounts Team of a few people who are in charge of passwords/accounts and distribution of gelats, etc.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”