Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-05-2014, 11:02 AM
100Zero100 is on a distinguished road
Remap default keys in script?

We all know keydown(0) is the direction for up. Similarly, keyName(0) yields "Up" or whatever.

It's editable via the F3 menu. Is there a function to edit the key?

Seems as though the vars for it are saved into game_config.txt, which is unreachable by normal .loadvars/.loadlines type stuff.

Last edited by 100Zero100; 02-05-2014 at 01:04 PM..
Old 02-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
no such function exists

it would also be highly prone to abusive developers causing annoyance, plus changes would be applied globally to every server a player logs on to
Old 02-05-2014, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur View Post
no such function exists

it would also be highly prone to abusive developers causing annoyance, plus changes would be applied globally to every server a player logs on to
There's tons of abusive **** developers might do! GraalControl is destroyable! The $pref for allowmasses can be forced on! Save-to-file functions allow staff to see all accounts on a single PC, as well as getFileModTime - used in its place to find out the last mod time of Graal6.exe.

And don't even get me started on PMs! They're obviously readable/loggable, but you could also make a system for "PM spoofing" -- where I could PM someone and make it look like YOU PMed them, using the default system entirely (basically just using your client as a proxy via new pmctrl/showpm()/plaintext retrieval/paste into pmeditctrl/sendpm() - all invisibly).

You can retrieve players histories with each other and upload it to the server (new pmhistoryctrl/plaintext retrieval/trigger the plaintext to server) so you can spy on people's conversations. You can do the same (but to a smaller degree) to retrieve player's email addresses, if they sign in with an email.

Not to mention that I know some serious graal security holes that I won't even mention in this thread because nobody else should be aware of them.

I could see why mousex/mousey stopped being writeable -- outside of making a first-person-shooter on graal I can't even fathom a reason for why they should be writeable, and they were highly prone to abuse to any old novice coder otherwise (lol lol mousescreenx = int(random...).

But not being able to write or EVEN READ the default keybinds? That's just bad form!
Old 02-06-2014, 01:05 AM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
So graal is basically a trojan horse disguised as a game?
Old 02-06-2014, 07:37 AM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
100 wrongs dont make a right!

and for reading the default keys cant you just use keyname(5) to obtain the sword key for example?
Old 02-06-2014, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
So graal is basically a trojan horse disguised as a game?
More or less. The right coder can make any graal player their *****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur View Post
100 wrongs dont make a right!

and for reading the default keys cant you just use keyname(5) to obtain the sword key for example?
Yes this works in a limited capacity, but it won't return all of the keys bound to it I'm afraid..

By default, sword is S, spacebar, and num5. keyname(5) just returns S.