Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   NPC Scripting (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Remap default keys in script? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134269074)

100Zero100 02-05-2014 11:02 AM

Remap default keys in script?

We all know keydown(0) is the direction for up. Similarly, keyName(0) yields "Up" or whatever.

It's editable via the F3 menu. Is there a function to edit the key?

Seems as though the vars for it are saved into game_config.txt, which is unreachable by normal .loadvars/.loadlines type stuff.

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur 02-05-2014 05:54 PM

no such function exists

it would also be highly prone to abusive developers causing annoyance, plus changes would be applied globally to every server a player logs on to

100Zero100 02-05-2014 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur (Post 1725911)
no such function exists

it would also be highly prone to abusive developers causing annoyance, plus changes would be applied globally to every server a player logs on to

There's tons of abusive **** developers might do! GraalControl is destroyable! The $pref for allowmasses can be forced on! Save-to-file functions allow staff to see all accounts on a single PC, as well as getFileModTime - used in its place to find out the last mod time of Graal6.exe.

And don't even get me started on PMs! They're obviously readable/loggable, but you could also make a system for "PM spoofing" -- where I could PM someone and make it look like YOU PMed them, using the default system entirely (basically just using your client as a proxy via new pmctrl/showpm()/plaintext retrieval/paste into pmeditctrl/sendpm() - all invisibly).

You can retrieve players histories with each other and upload it to the server (new pmhistoryctrl/plaintext retrieval/trigger the plaintext to server) so you can spy on people's conversations. You can do the same (but to a smaller degree) to retrieve player's email addresses, if they sign in with an email.

Not to mention that I know some serious graal security holes that I won't even mention in this thread because nobody else should be aware of them.

I could see why mousex/mousey stopped being writeable -- outside of making a first-person-shooter on graal I can't even fathom a reason for why they should be writeable, and they were highly prone to abuse to any old novice coder otherwise (lol lol mousescreenx = int(random...).

But not being able to write or EVEN READ the default keybinds? That's just bad form!

Gos_pira 02-06-2014 01:05 AM

So graal is basically a trojan horse disguised as a game? ;)

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur 02-06-2014 07:37 AM

100 wrongs dont make a right!

and for reading the default keys cant you just use keyname(5) to obtain the sword key for example?

100Zero100 02-06-2014 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gos_pira (Post 1725924)
So graal is basically a trojan horse disguised as a game? ;)

More or less. The right coder can make any graal player their *****.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur (Post 1725932)
100 wrongs dont make a right!

and for reading the default keys cant you just use keyname(5) to obtain the sword key for example?

Yes this works in a limited capacity, but it won't return all of the keys bound to it I'm afraid..

By default, sword is S, spacebar, and num5. keyname(5) just returns S.