Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum > Era Bugs and improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 05:27 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
just another reason to not give gangs gang guns. it wouldn't be fair for the people that have to work their ass off to buy good weapons. we shouldn't be giving a select few people on the server an advantage simply for being in a gang.
You have to work your way into a game, no?

Gang guns, give them average stats, make their stats identical. Don't make them the best guns on the server. You guys, including you, are just trying to cater to everybody. Stop it. You're never going to succeed in making a competitive game fair.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
I want to see more nooby support. If a new player logs on, they should be able to choose one of the basic weapons for free (with ammo).
that should be put back
Old 05-25-2010, 12:56 AM
iRedemption is an unknown quantity at this point
it was so fun to PK on trials to the point where that's all everybody did for awhile...you got free ammo, cash, and uzi/ak
Old 05-25-2010, 08:29 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
You have to work your way into a game, no?

Gang guns, give them average stats, make their stats identical. Don't make them the best guns on the server. You guys, including you, are just trying to cater to everybody. Stop it. You're never going to succeed in making a competitive game fair.
just because it's competitive doesn't mean it can't be fair.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:34 PM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
KrimsonSky can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to KrimsonSky
Has anything changed [for the good] since 10-17-2009 when this was brought up?

O.o.. seriously, I have no clue what goes on anymore =|
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
Chris Vimes (Sun Aug 08 09:40:16 2010): r u rly a purple super dragon??
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion
Old 06-16-2010, 05:48 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimsonSky View Post
Has anything changed [for the good] since 10-17-2009 when this was brought up?

O.o.. seriously, I have no clue what goes on anymore =|
There are many. Gang points have been fixed, gun racks implemented, a secondary/primary system is working on debug, PK timers, ...
Old 06-16-2010, 06:13 PM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
KrimsonSky can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to KrimsonSky
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
There are many. Gang points have been fixed, gun racks implemented, a secondary/primary system is working on debug, PK timers, ...
Damn, sounds like its going along great :|

Well gratz on the improvement, wish I still played =(

Keep up the good work.
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
Chris Vimes (Sun Aug 08 09:40:16 2010): r u rly a purple super dragon??
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion
Old 06-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
Era needs quests that are more intense and costly. You should make some quests that require you to buy thousands of dollars worth of cloaking potions, many healing items, robotic cars, bomb snipping kits, lock picking guns, etc. Then the prizes can be some of the new things people have suggested that wouldn't become huge monetary assets (IE the ability to shoot out the side of a car, something that reduces both damage taken and speed, etc).

I also think Era should consider a much larger playerworld with more internal politics. I think if the playerworld gets to the size where it can support more players and have more things to do, then more people will be apt to play. You should try to things ready for a player count never seen on graal, and then aim for it through advertisement to other games. I think its possible. It would be cool to take the idea that was floating around about a different theme in each corner of a playerworld. Each could have a little 'government' of sorts, some of which would be more mob run and others of which would be more democratic. You can earn "trust" in each of the sectors by killing people from other sectors and completing quests. You can work your way up and gang access to better guns, restricted areas, faster healing, recruiting power, etc.

I think we should see some boats in Era. I haven't been on in a while, but last I heard, the idea was pretty abandoned. Imagine the potential of fishing, plus maybe even piracy, and if gangs are expanded, they could have outposts in the water that would have to be defended.

I believe Sales' gang system incorporates pretty much everything I'd have to say about that. I used to want a system where each gang would have many buildings, each with a different vantage point, that can be over-run and taken over like a party base. One might have an underground tunnel into the main base, another might have access to all the doors, another might have security monitors. By taking over these areas, raiding gangs will get advantages.

For businesses, I think there needs to be a function for a player to sell their business. People will often go extremely inactive trying to reap the last profits they can before being kicked out of a business, whereas it'd be better for the whole server if they just sold it and took that money instead. Also, stocking should be more than just grabbing boxes. The ammo businesses should be at least converted to something more like dairy hut, speedy pizza, and dippin donuts. Maybe you grab a piece of lead, take it to a forge, smash it into pieces with a hammer, then pull out a tray to stick it in a fire for however many seconds, and that magically makes handgun ammo. Idk, it'd be an idea.

I think that if Era could pull off a larger player count, the potential for PKing would be amazing. You could set up larger arenas for people to fight in, both inside and outside, and accommodate for more action. If the iPod version of graal can have thousands of people on at any given moment, so can Era.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:54 AM
unknown
Logababy will become famous soon enough
Yeah, quests that are more rewarding.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Amsel: We all want that, the increase in gameplay, and all that jazz. But right now they're concentrating on fixing what we have in order to reset without further bugs/duping so we don't end up in the same position like previous resets. After which I highly doubt they could produce such things in any given period of time. (How long since they said were going to reset and how long until we will actually do it..?)

But yeah, everything you said sounds awesome.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:47 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
I support all of your ideas, just one problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikedude View Post
If the iPod version of graal can have thousands of people on at any given moment, so can Era.
It isn't going to work like that. People play the iPod version rather than playing the computer Graal for many different reasons.

1) It costs almost nothing, 2 bucks for membership (I think, I never bought it)

2) It's for the iPod. I'm pretty sure there isn't too much competition with online mmorpgs for the iPod, I'm sure theres a couple big ones but there isn't near as many as there are for the computer. I have a feeling it's going to be the same cycle they had for the early PC graal.

3) The computer has sooo much more to offer than a crappy 2d game that costs 30 bucks to play for 8 months. People figure, why pay 30 dollars to play Graal when I can go play <Insert Amazing-Graphic/Gameplay mmorpg here>. Graal is out-to date and even the player count now isn't stable and many of the players are on the verge to quitting.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donark View Post
I support all of your ideas, just one problem.

It isn't going to work like that. People play the iPod version rather than playing the computer Graal for many different reasons.

1) It costs almost nothing, 2 bucks for membership (I think, I never bought it)

2) It's for the iPod. I'm pretty sure there isn't too much competition with online mmorpgs for the iPod, I'm sure theres a couple big ones but there isn't near as many as there are for the computer. I have a feeling it's going to be the same cycle they had for the early PC graal.

3) The computer has sooo much more to offer than a crappy 2d game that costs 30 bucks to play for 8 months. People figure, why pay 30 dollars to play Graal when I can go play <Insert Amazing-Graphic/Gameplay mmorpg here>. Graal is out-to date and even the player count now isn't stable and many of the players are on the verge to quitting.
Not to mention the fact that the iPod/iPad/iPhone/iTouch version only has one server, so it's not like the 1500+ on it have much choice about where they concentrate their population spread.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 06-28-2010, 03:15 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Small update,

I'm speaking with Stefan now and will have the gelat shop up soon with observer mode taken down. The gelat shop will sell:
  • Vitality Potion - Extra 10 HP for a week
  • Worker's Potion - Increased speed of mining, flower picking, and shell digging (more shells and less crabs) for 24 hours
  • Lightweight Potion - No weight reduce and move at the speed of a cap for a week.

Purchasing any of these will give you the item in-game. The items cannot be traded/dropped. You can purchase 10 vitality potions at once, for example, but you will only be able to use one at once. Similarly, you could purchase a "worker's potion" today and wait until tomorrow to use it.

I don't think any of these are going to provide major advantages against players who do not wish to pay for them, but if anyone has any objections now is the best time to give me them, as well as any other ideas.

As much as I don't want how much a person is willing to spend to determine their success on Era, a gelat shop is necessary to get rid of observer mode. The items I've laid out shouldn't make a huge difference in the way Era works.

Also, frag grenades have been released. You can purchase them from Fort Knox.

The shrapnel both causes damage and can wound players.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:24 PM
dusk
Donark has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Vitality Potion - Extra 10 HP for a week
So will it be possible to have 160 hp for those who have the bounty hunter bonus?
Old 06-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Developer
FantasyX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to FantasyX
I have a couple suggestions on what to do about cookies;

They've become a pretty big problem for both gangs exploiting how quickly you can heal and how you can eat one right before death and come back to life when someone kills you.

Suggestions;
-Put a timer on when you can use them (similar to the timer of being revived after you've already been revived recently). Maybe make it so you can only consume 1 cookie every 5 minutes?
-Disable them in gang bases. Although this isn't very favorable, it at least makes the player leave their base in order to consume the cookie.
-Disable them on gang-tag. This, of course, would be the worst option, but it also requires the person to go off gang-tag in order to use them.

I prefer the first option, honestly.

Torque