Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2015, 08:53 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Content update?

I think we're all getting quite bored again.

Gang Admin hasn't done anything.

Gun Admin hasn't done anything.

Development have released bad recolored hats.

The only thing I can think about is this bank mission Carlito has been working on, so what's happening behind the scenes that we don't know about to keep us interested to log on.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:58 AM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Telling ya

Willa for Gang Admin
Willa for Gun Admin
Willa for good recolored hats (Perhaps softer shades of grey then before?)

Devlog by Willa: My Carlito is sweating his eyes out working on the bank mission that Carlito has been working on, that is the behind the scenes view on how hard he is to keep your boners on Era, since 10yrs+ of the same game should NEVER be boring. EVER.

-Willa Diaz
CEO of Era
Old 01-20-2015, 09:11 AM
unknown
Logababy will become famous soon enough
The bank mission Carlito is currently working on looks very promising and should be very popular among the Era players. A lot of effort is going in to it and hopefully will be done soon.

I do kind of agree though, players get bored quite easily when there's nothing new out, and log off within a couple of minutes of logging on. The player count has slowly been decreasing lately but not that bad to worry about as of yet.

I am positive things will happen soon though, we have a lot of talented staff members.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:30 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
I like those Drivers Hats, they're really nice and look good.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:44 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
so what's happening behind the scenes that we don't know about to keep us interested to log on.
Let's see!

Quote:
Gang Admin hasn't done anything.
Nick just became the Gang Admin a week ago and is finding his rhythm; he's got a bunch of lists of ideas posted around in different peoples comments but he himself is not a developer like Swift was so it's a slow process. Swift and Mesh are redoing the bases 1 by 1 and we've discussed a few bigger ideas but I won't go into detail cause I dunno what will be done or not.

Quote:
Gun Admin hasn't done anything.
Cloyd just became the Gun Admin like 48 hours ago.. he's still slinking around as Ish's protegee since he has no prior coding experience; this will surely take some time but the EC guns were just switched out yesterday and I've seen quite a few guns being put into the image rooms (shout-out to Doom).

Quote:
Development have released bad recolored hats.
If you want to quantify all realms of development as the same then yes. Fuubaz is just a graphics artist... the easiest way to get graphics through quickly is to make hats since they don't have to run through a scripter. People enjoy them so I think he's got a good thing going.

Mesh and Swift are working on the bases as I said; a few other places (like the gun shop) have been done on the side.

Ish is teaching Cloyd and running everything else; he usually gets on RC even while he's at work because he's so dedicated.

And that is all we've really got when it comes down to it, getting coders to do the more advanced projects is like pulling teeth (the bank quest as an example is possible because MD can do it himself). I'm not sure what more you'd expect... all these things take time.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:40 PM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Nick's been Gang Admin for 2 weeks, maybe three, I can't remember how many Gang Events he has hosted, I think three.

Cloyd was made Gun Admin on the 12th (over a week ago)

I don't understand what takes time, the process of the lazy and useless same old staff we have had for over 3 years that continue to take up space and don't do anything to do something or for these new people in the positions to take an initiative and do something.

I could name over 10 things each of them could do without a scripter that a) should be done in the near future or b) would benefit the playing experience.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:46 PM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
gotta keep in mind that era is a side job. the staff members do have lives.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:56 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
New scripting projects take time and these days I have very little to spare.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:18 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Nick's been Gang Admin for 2 weeks, maybe three, I can't remember how many Gang Events he has hosted, I think three.

Cloyd was made Gun Admin on the 12th (over a week ago)

I could name over 10 things each of them could do without a scripter that a) should be done in the near future or b) would benefit the playing experience.
Nick got hired on the 8th, in the middle of the week he couldn't do anything with the gangs until after events on the 11th after which he promptly changed them right away to fit his style. It's been just one week under him... he is hosting mini-gang-events on Wednesdays as well.

Cloyd didn't get full rights to edit guns until this past weekend (48 hours ago); they had to talk it over with the PRA and he had to be trained by Ish before he could touch any codes. He's still learning but I've see him editing various weapons and updating the gunskins pretty much nonstop since he got the rights.

Please begin naming.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:48 AM
paintballdude956 will become famous soon enough
Hey guys, sorry I wasn't more active in this thread from the start.
This has been somewhat of a transition period. As Rogue alluded to, we just got two new important admins, Nick and Cloyd. I've been involved with both of them quite a bit, but yes, they have a lot to learn and it'll be slow going at first.
Cloyd and I are cooking up some new guns, and brainstorming some new special types of guns (cf. the Dragoon pistol, the F/H functions on Steyr TMP, etc.)
Nick has a hundred ideas for gangs; we're working on finding what will be best for players, pruning the ideas down to manageable tasks, dolling them out to our (limited) scripting team. I've been trying to do as much as I can myself, but I'm basically just learning to script as I go.

In terms of content, we just pushed out three new shops (see my announcement board) which include about 25 new hats, three new guns, and a new item.

But yeah, this is just little stuff. Expect some cool new changes to PKing and gangs in the near future
Old 01-21-2015, 12:32 PM
ooger will become famous soon enough
I hope the bases turn out okay since swift is working on them. I honestly don't know if they're the problem since any level can be lame if the player plays like a coward, which >90% of the server does now.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:38 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
change Hp back to a 10 scale people with 140+ hp would max out at 14 or 15 HP

its virtually the same if you nerf all dmg accordingly but would still feel like a big change
Old 01-21-2015, 11:31 PM
xDarkTAx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
change Hp back to a 10 scale people with 140+ hp would max out at 14 or 15 HP

its virtually the same if you nerf all dmg accordingly but would still feel like a big change
What would that change? It's just a zero at the end of the number. 15hp is the same as 150 if you are going to divide all gun damage by 10 like the health. Literally changes nothing but how many characters your hp number has.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:28 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Sorry been busy, Ill finish the Bank mission by this weekend.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 01-23-2015, 06:21 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDarkTAx View Post
What would that change? It's just a zero at the end of the number. 15hp is the same as 150 if you are going to divide all gun damage by 10 like the health. Literally changes nothing but how many characters your hp number has.
you people want stupid changes so there's one